March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Won't Go To Gigs

Not sure what changed, but all of a sudden my Sim (actress level 9) won't go to her gigs. She can attend the auditions, which she passes, but then when the time comes to go to the gig, she doesn't get any sort of notification for it. No "Sim has work in one hour," and then the time just continues like normal. I've tried canceling the gig and auditioning again, I've removed all my mods... anyone else have this problem?
xSfr2Kh.jpg

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    That's weird. Haven't had this problem with the acting career. Did you check and see if it does it with any other sim in the acting career?

I know one of my active careers (detective) got a error and I couldn't go to job with her instead got sent to the map screen. I could only join when i clicked back on the household and join her when i clicke don her portrait when it told me where she was.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    My level 10 actor had that happen once too - I kept waiting for the message to pop up to join him and it never did. It was odd to because he got some sort of message that he was paid something so I thought it was some sort of glitch where the game thought he went but did not. It also cleared from his work panel as if he had done it. But he still had to cancel the now non-existent gig to be able to get a new one because somehow that part was still registering that he had not done it yet. Very strange!
  • DarcellaDarcella Posts: 11 New Member
    I had the same thing happen to me. All 3 of my Sims in the same house are doing this. The son won't go to school or acting school and the adult mom and dad won't go to auditions or acting jobs. The "Sims go to work in one hour' doesn't show up either and its not until the time is passed that I realize they didn't leave. I'm looking for answers and came upon your post! Anyone know what's going on??
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    Darcella wrote: »
    I had the same thing happen to me. All 3 of my Sims in the same house are doing this. The son won't go to school or acting school and the adult mom and dad won't go to auditions or acting jobs. The "Sims go to work in one hour' doesn't show up either and its not until the time is passed that I realize they didn't leave. I'm looking for answers and came upon your post! Anyone know what's going on??

I still have no idea. I've removed all mods, repaired the game, etc., and it still does it occasionally. I'm hoping a patch will fix it.
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I had this problem too. I think it's when you have two or more sims with the same acting career. Once I separated the two actors, in different lots, they were able to go to gigs.
  • KillyjoyKillyjoy Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently just got this problem. My sim lives alone and she is level 6 in acting and level 2 in the acting career. She was at one of the night clubs hanging out until her gig but I noticed there was one more hour until the gig. It didn’t send me a notification to when it was time to go but I didn’t worry until it was time and she wasn’t doing anything. I don’t believe it’s my mods because all my mods and cc are up to date and I don’t wanna go through the hassle of removing them and placing them back in. I also canceled her gig and applied to the same one again and when it was time for the audition she didn’t leave. I waited and nothing. I canceled it again but haven’t seen if it works at all.
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I had this problem too. I think it's when you have two or more sims with the same acting career. Once I separated the two actors, in different lots, they were able to go to gigs.

I only had one Sim in the acting career when this occurred.
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • reginaphalangeereginaphalangee Posts: 1 New Member
    try joining another acting agency, this worked for me.
  • horselove166horselove166 Posts: 1 New Member
    I had this problem too, but eventually I got it to work again! It was the day of the gig and I didn't get a one hour notification or anything. At 9:14am (9:00am was the gig time), I still hadn't been prompted so I paused the game to look for answers. As it was paused, things seemed to catch up. So a couple minutes brought on the notification, and about five minutes after that I got the pop-up asking if I wanted to join her at work.

So I just paused for a while and the game sorted itself out. Hope it works out for others too!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is happening for me whenever I assign my actor Sim a gig and then switch to a different household. When I come back, I can never send him to the gig. I always have to quit the gig and choose a new one.
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?- Kidding, I would say maybe repairing the game on Origin, but I am not entirely sure why this is happening. Fascinating. :o
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    This is happening for me whenever I assign my actor Sim a gig and then switch to a different household. When I come back, I can never send him to the gig. I always have to quit the gig and choose a new one.

I have this issue as well.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    I play rotational & have the same problem. They’ll go to auditions by themselves, as I’ll see a pop up when I’m playing another household. However, when it’s time to go to the actual job, even when I switch back to them before it’s time to go to work, they never do. Only thing I can do is cancel the gig then sign up for another job, go through the audition & stay playing the household until they go to work.
    I don’t play with any mods.
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    edited March 2019
    I just had this happen with my sim. I think it was one of two things: 1) She adopted a child recently (this would cause a bug in the Singer career in Sims 3) or 2) She invited her cast members over to work on interactions with the director with just an hour and a half until her gig. I ended up having to cancel the gig and pick up a new audition. I will see if she can get through the next one.

EDIT: The problem appears to be that she invited cast members too her house too close to call time.
    Post edited by Revenwyn on
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Its annoying, my own solution as been to cancel it and try another gig
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• sydneyplaysimssydneyplaysims Posts: 1 New Member
    :'( I'm having the same issue! I've done everything suggested and hopefully there ends up being a patch to fix it. I'll tweet @SimGuruGrant to represent all of us.
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    So glad it’s not just me my vampire happens to be an actress I’ve done one gig through my agency and actually leveled up. I went to play another household & came back to select a gig and the agency would respond.
  • RoryRory Posts: 3 New Member
    This has been happening to my sim and its sooo annoying! Someone please help!!
  • DaisatronDaisatron Posts: 2 New Member
    This has started happening to mine today!!
  • neshacrews2neshacrews2 Posts: 4 New Member
    Looks like this problem is happening again judging by the timing of the comments...please fix this, just want to have fun in quarantine. I get no hour before notification and she never goes to the gig. This only started happening after she changed acting agencies and it's SO annoying!
  • AeronwyDiobhellAeronwyDiobhell Posts: 30 Member
    I'm running into this now as well. My sim's ancestor was an actor and never had an issue with her gigs. But Blue is randomly unable to attend his gigs. It may be because his wife is a scientist and I go to her job with her between his audition and his gig? If so, that is an incredibly annoying glitch!
  • SimWorld88SimWorld88 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="AeronwyDiobhell;c-17450475"]I'm running into this now as well. My sim's ancestor was an actor and never had an issue with her gigs. But Blue is randomly unable to attend his gigs. It [i]may[/i] be because his wife is a scientist and I go to her job with her between his audition and his gig? If so, that is an incredibly annoying glitch![/quote]

Try quitting the sims job and rejoining back in a different agency? It worked for me.
  • leenback_leenback_ Posts: 2 New Member
    This is so dang annoying. I don't want to have to join a different agency. Why can't this game work properly? Just spent $50 on it during quarantine. Y'all better get on this.. lol
  • leenback_leenback_ Posts: 2 New Member
    Just happened to me too, though. B-Lister can't go to gigs. Doesn't even give me the notification to attend and it doesn't warn me it's an hour before her gig. It WILL let her go to auditions. Sooo frustrating.
  • quaransimequaransime Posts: 1 New Member
    Mine is a Rising star, the only actor in household and the only actor i've played with. i have tried switching agencies and canceling gigs. please help. I got an automated message from A.I. but no "1 hour until work" notice. good luck everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top