Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 Problems...

RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
On the 5th I deleted Sims 3 World Adventures, after experiencing too many problems. It is worth mentioning that I do not use mods or custom content. Please look at the list below and, if you can, diagnose the problem.

1.) The Family Tree for multiple Sims stopped functioning. Their Relationship Panels still said brother, sister, et cetera; but for each Sim, her Family Tree was nonexistent and it only showed her. And not in the middle of the page, but way up at the top in the left corner.
2.) Every ghost refused to return to the Netherworld. They either roamed Sunset Valley haunting different objects, or they stayed in one place haunting the same thing over and over again. Additionally they would freeze, unable to move for several seconds. This happened with almost everything they tried to do, and the action to Greet a ghost would always disappear from my Sim's queue, with the ghost being immobile.
3.) Selling fruits, vegetables and fish at the market would always freeze my game; and cause the active Sim's Inventory to flicker.
4.) I experienced the most issue with my Sim Rachel, who would miss work even if she was at home and not doing anything. The notification continued to say Going to work and would not change to Working. Her performance level would not move; and additionally she would be stuck in the building after hours until I canceled the action from her queue.
5.) Sims who had died during gameplay would be automatically moved from the Family Bin and into the neighborhood.
6.) When not in a Sim's inventory, gems would appear a different color; i.e. all my pink diamonds appeared blue. When they were in a Sim's inventory they were in different groups and could not form a single stack.
7.) Sims would walk around hunched over, with their hands stuck to their legs. Sims affected in this manner would slip through the headboard from their shoulders up. Certain actions, like getting in the car, would temporarily fix the problem. This happened to multiple Sims.
8.) Lifetime Rewards I had purchased would disappear, and I had to buy them again.
9.) Skills disappeared, and had to be relearned and remastered.
10.) Sims would outlive their lifespan setting.
11.) I was no longer notified of what kind of mail they collected.
12.) Owned vehicles would sometimes remain on the road when travel ended.
13.) A Sim was always invisible when he returned home from work.
14.) A Sim was unable to receive Moodlets except for Disgusted, Humiliated, and the Moodlets received when visiting a beautiful lot or park. Her Moodlets panel was consistently empty.
15.) My Sim went on a date with a Teenager. He was older.

I don't know how many of these are glitches. I do know #5 was caused by Story Progression. Still, why would it do that? I also know that I have experienced problems in all my expansion packs. Even Sims Life Stories gave me one particularly disturbing problem; incest.
Be safe.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    Just spotting a few things here that are well-known issues or not really problems.

1 - The Family Tree displays for TS3 are fragile and break easily. As you have seen, that doesn't mean the family relationships aren't there but there is just no way to display them in-game graphically. It happens to many players eventually, more likely so as ongoing games age. Some players take to third party family tree apps to track their favorite families when this happens.

2 and 5 - At any point do you ever retreat to the Main Menu (without quitting the game program all the way) and reload your world or play/start a different save? That's not the only source for that kind of problem, but it's a pretty well-known one and doing that should be avoided if at all possible.

10 - Sims aren't supposed to die on the last day of their expected elder stage. Starting on that sim day, they will "roll the dice" (behind the scenes) at midnight every night to see if they get to live another day or if they will be visited by Grimmy later that day. Many sims will win those "dice rolls" many times in a row and live long beyond their set expectancy, others will not be so fortunate. Sims who have completed the Athletic skill challenge on jogging and/or who have the Vegetarian trait get bonuses applied in their favor to the dice rolls.

Even without mod intervention, with a set life expectancy of 242 sim days I've seen neighborhood residents as well as a small number of mine live into the 290s and couple have broken 300. Most of them don't make it quite that far, though. And, of course, some occults are supposed to live for much longer as they have longer life spans.

14 - Stuck moodlets are a known game glitch. Saving (Save As), a quit all the way to the desktop or Origin, and then an entire reload should clear that.

As has already been explained, to some extent anyway, much of what you have described would be signs of game save corruption that slowly creeps in and junks things up. And much of it can be controlled or even eliminated, if not that then at least corrected if it does happen, with mod usage for those so inclined.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Yes, I had gone to the Main Menu, several times. I didn't know it would cause a problem. Is it also corruption when inactive households continue to progress even if Story Progression is turned off?
    Be safe.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    KimRS wrote: »
    Yes, I had gone to the Main Menu, several times. I didn't know it would cause a problem.
    The game doesn't let go of all the data from the save you were playing when you exit to the Main Menu. It should, but it doesn't. One of the more obvious glitches that can result when you start a new save from the Main Menu is that ghosts take up residence on a community lot. They seem to especially like the junkyard in Sunset Valley.

KimRS wrote: »
    Is it also corruption when inactive households continue to progress even if Story Progression is turned off?
    I suppose that depends on what you mean by progress. Some change in the town's population might be expected no matter what your settings, and change isn't itself necessarily a sign of corruption, but that could be one of the ways in which corruption manifests itself. Still, there are enough glaring problems with this save to think it's corrupt even without taking any progression into account.
  • Legend420Legend420 Posts: 2 New Member
    WHERE IS MY GHOST BABY!?!?!?
    To give you the background story my james and rudy got engaged and are living together. (Both in my active household. one day james, who has mastered handyness and has lv.8 inventing, Goes to repair his stereo and is electrocuted right in front of his fiance. they get a visit from our friend Grim. the reaper. a few days later my rudy gets the O my ghost opportunity and brings back james (as a Ghost), and he is only romantic interest relationship. rudy wants her real man back so she spends her days mastering cooking, gardening and fishing so she can make ambrosia to bring him back. with all the time of her being out the house james managed to get the next door neighbor Erin pregnant with a ghost baby named Jerry(erin and G baby Jerry not in my active house hold.) the day jerry was born james visited erin and bought her a crib and toy box and played with jerry for a while. A few days later james floats back over to erins and the baby is nowhere to be found. Jerry always showed up dark and dead in the family tree. please help me find jerry.