Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ridiculously unaffordable prices...

Comments

• HiMyNameIs4HiMyNameIs4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, it was 2 llamazooms on 2 separate occasions. It's getting ridiculous to play. I can see there being a degree of difficulty to keep things interesting BUT they've made it impossible to succeed in the game. Everything is about moneymaking. This game has become more stressful and I have a foot out the door. After that event to open the dance career trait, that I spent $$ to accomplish, I lost interest. This doesn't seem like the old Sims I played years ago, I can't spend my hard earned funds on a money hungry enterprise.
  • LexiOreLexiOre Posts: 2 New Member
    The prices now are absolutely crazy. I don’t care to buy anything because nothing is worth its price.
  • purerandomositypurerandomosity Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel like we should have the option to pay for items with Simoleons or SimsCash all around. I hate having to compare but the pc games cost only $40 max and you get tons of stuff for only a few dollars. Spending x2~x3 of that amount on one item...you have to admit that's pretty insane. I do like seeing the packs of items for about $10...but honestly the quantity should be more than what they offer. The day of the dead bundle and the hair and makeup summer packs weren't too bad, but other than that everything else seems very overpriced.
  • BradMikMillianBradMikMillian Posts: 3 New Member
    > @LexiOre said:
    > The prices now are absolutely crazy. I don’t care to buy anything because nothing is worth its price.

I agree. Prices for everything are totally ripped off, plus everything gets more expensive as you go on, which makes simple things such as lights cost thousands and thousands of dollars.
  • reydiantreydiant Posts: 3 New Member
    Ugh, prices just became even more ridiculous with this update where we have to pay for every single color of clothing, some of them now being SimCash only. Land prices and furniture prices need to be reduced if we're expected to buy anything. I can grind for days and still not afford things at this point.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    they lost me with those values. I'm out!
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    The sims mobile is no longer about fun, it's about taking money in every way possible. I will not pay for individual colors, this is ridiculous. Meanwhile I can not buy clothes that I missed from past events.
    I'm done! I'm out!
  • reydiantreydiant Posts: 3 New Member
    Wow, just noticed it's not just clothing but literally all items including furniture that costs extra per color now. What a greedy money grab, the game is completely unaffordable now. They need to raise wages or something because this is ridiculous.
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member
    This is really awful, I love this game but I don’t care much for the stories. I mostly just like to design the sim house and their clothes. It’s my main reason for playing.
    Please remove this because already the game has lots of bugs and making it harder to have fun without fixing the bugs is going to drive people away.
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

• Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    edited November 2018
    Facts: They don't care & we are nothing but dollar signs) Time to give them something they won't like. Please go to Google play or the App store & drop your star rating down to one star as well as a lot of other simmers have done from facebook
  • Ebilis17Ebilis17 Posts: 2 New Member
    Totally agree on them manipulating the costs. A double door I was saving up for which was 1600+ simoleons now 1300+ and sim cash with the color I want. I don’t want to use those hard earned sim cash. This update sucks
  • Ebilis17Ebilis17 Posts: 2 New Member
    What I meant was this update is horrible, not plum. Guess there’s a filter.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I saw this coming from the beginning. I don't play sims mobile, and I haven't played any mobile games in years because of this.
  • flameflash82flameflash82 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Tiffany562411 said:
    > Facts: They don't care & we are nothing but dollar signs) Time to give them something they won't like. Please go to Google play or the App store & drop your star rating down to one star as well as a lot of other simmers have done from facebook

A good idea. Just did this.
  • AlysorAlysor Posts: 3 New Member
    I feel like this kinda fits in with cost...but now i am starting to see a lot of the same sims...Same yellow shirt (tank), usually different bottoms, often the same color and style of hair, and boots! I have kind of made a game of it but really, is this what it is going to start looking like now that people have to pay for individual colors? Just a bunch of clones? I hate having to buy the colors but thankfully i already had a lot of what i wanted before the update. New players though..too bad for them. :(
  • ANMPANMP Posts: 1 New Member
    Speaking of ridiculous prices, I know we have been getting those in-game notices about how paying per color/style of an item (clothing, furniture, etc.) is supposed to cost us less, but CLEARLY they are doing it to make it more expensive and using it to their advantage. I wanted a dress style of ALL colors for my Sims to be able to use. Rather than pay a flatrate of SimCash, we now have to pay per item in SimCash. Likewise, a male outfit that previously cost coins and LlamaZoom tokens now cost a high amount of coins for some outfits, and SimCash for the nicest outfits. Absurd, and makes me now regret all in-game purchases I made that through this game that went to EA.
  • DjTurtleDjTurtle Posts: 1 New Member
    I came to the forums just to talk about the prices. I over looked so much of it at first. Then with “a surprising decision” appeared on my screen that I either destroy the story I was working on y making the sim mad at me or pay that was enough. And those happen way too often and the outcomes if you say no is ridiculous! Trying to buy land is ridiculous! Trying to style the home is ridiculous! I love the family I got built in the game but seriously once the kids are grown if no changes are made I’m out!
  • HatsuneLotusHatsuneLotus Posts: 2 New Member
    Me too I’m out of here especially if they dont sort out llamazoom. Everything, land expansions, clothes, items, unlocking venues cost llamazooms. It takes me long time to complete a set of tasks for only 1 ticket, rewards need to be bigger..
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    I don't appreciate the prices either. I think that since The Sims is so popular and always has been with a very dedicated following that it would have made more sense to actually charge a small fee for the game itself as some other popular games (Bloons TD5 & 6) for example do. I wouldn't have minded making a one off payment for the full mobile version of The Sims. I'm actually only playing this because Windows 10 bricked my laptop and I've yet to get it repaired...

Another thing that I dislike is how the better "ethnic" hairstyles are so expensive. For example a typical braided bun (which is so common for black women that it's almost a traditional hairstyle) costs nearly 4000 coins and has to be unlocked. Whilst the only non Asian/European hair is some ugly and bizarrely shaped afro (which btw is not a natural hairstyle for black people but a hippy hairstyle developed in the USA in the 1960s). The only other "ethnic" hairstyle are some ratty looking ombre dreadlocks which if you're like me, a person with caribbean heritage isn't actually a fashion choice but a religious hairstyle of the Rastafarian religion.

I don't understand why this game is so greedy and racist when The Sims used to be exactly the opposite. It's a disgrace.
  • Tom_kinhTom_kinh Posts: 5 New Member
    I also agree on the prices. especially for the Sim bucks items. I don't mind it they charge Sim bucks, but they're too much. I used to not like the surprising decision events, but now I have a lot of cupcakes from watching ads. So they aren't too annoying anymore.
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    > @Tom_kinh said:
    > I also agree on the prices. especially for the Sim bucks items. I don't mind it they charge Sim bucks, but they're too much. I used to not like the surprising decision events, but now I have a lot of cupcakes from watching ads. So they aren't too annoying anymore.

I really dislike the surprising decision because it seems like a waste of IRL money or cupcakes (no matter how you got them). For example I got a choice about a lemon tree over growing some neighbour's garden twice in the same playing session. I think that there are much better uses for cash or cupcakes and I think that the surprising choice is just another money grabbing opportunity that could be done without.
  • UglyTaxiUglyTaxi Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm uninstalling this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game. This llamazoom crap is infuriating. Everything that could be wrong with this game, is. Along with every other pay to play game. What's happened to this industry is downright depressing. We can't de-stress with our games anymore, they just add to it. Screw these money hungry dumpster fires... I'm just gonna play the Sims 4 with my 8k custom content downloads and this POS can't suck it. At this point in this game all I'm doing is working for money, almost at 200k and nothing to spend it on that's worth buying with the cash. I refuse to do those ridiculous zoom missions AND everything worth buying, like land, requires an exorbitant about of money/llamas. Seriously... Everyone should boycott these games until they stop making us continually pay for things. This crap isn't even worth $3.50 because it's not REAL!!!
  • Jennsilva78Jennsilva78 Posts: 41 Member
    I am on here to mention the colors which I have said before but apparently like many said they don't care because lots/tons of people keep complaining about having to pay for colors and nothing is being done about it. They also need to stop adding the llamazoom in quests along with a lot of other complaints. They also need to stop raising the prices on the land expansion and building plus on items after we buy them.The only way to get them to listen is to do like someone had mentioned and many have done drop the rating then maybe they will listen to us.
    This is ridiculous now I have to pay for the color my sim has on 2 hair styles I own. Really!!😠😣
    When I was doing my sims hair and it was saying for me to pay for 2 different hairs I own to with the hair color I have her in now really!! 😠😣