Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game is suddenly giving me different errors. Help wanted!

I have several Nraas mods and another fairly large mod from a particular site I'm not allowed to mention, the game has ran fine for several days now with those mods enabled, but suddenly it all seems to have broken. One of my Sims is a bot builder and lately when trying to build bots I get an overwatch error message and no bot is built. The family is not full either. I've also received a few errors when trying to edit sims in CaS using Nraas. The biggest changes I've made to my game since the time that it worked fine, to now receiving all these errors were building a couple houses and I also deactivated the highschool feature in that other mod that shall not be named and demolished the highschool building. Could any of those things cause these errors? I have error logs that I can message to someone, I won't post them here because they contain the name of the mod that shall not be named here. And yes, I tried asking for help on the other site, but nobody responded. If anyone can help or anyone wants the error logs, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi, I take it you did not bring the issue to us at NRaas. We don't usually let requests for help and script logs needing interpreting go totally unanswered even if we don't think the player will particularly like the answers we give.

But from your description thus far, I know which "other" mod you are talking about. It is totally incompatible with many NRaas mods and, in fact, its developer on the most recent versions has it programmed to detect and deactivate several of them that are otherwise usually helpful. The other mod is not at all conducive to long-running games, NRaas mods work very hard to preserve gameplay. They are essentially opposing forces.

If you would like to start a new, intended to be long-running ongoing game without the other mod in play at all and need assistance along the way especially with NRaas-related script errors, that is what we are there for. But once an going game has been saved with the other mod in play, I am afraid it is not supportable by anyone except the other developer under her own pay for support system.

Just to give a random type of example, "script error blah blah in Line 16, variable undefined" would mean nothing even to an experienced developer unless they had access to the pre-compiled code that comprises the mod. No one else has that kind of access.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ElijahKTElijahKT Posts: 45 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Hi, I take it you did not bring the issue to us at NRaas. We don't usually let requests for help and script logs needing interpreting go totally unanswered even if we don't think the player will particularly like the answers we give.

But from your description thus far, I know which "other" mod you are talking about. It is totally incompatible with many NRaas mods and, in fact, its developer on the most recent versions has it programmed to detect and deactivate several of them that are otherwise usually helpful. The other mod is not at all conducive to long-running games, NRaas mods work very hard to preserve gameplay. They are essentially opposing forces.

If you would like to start a new, intended to be long-running ongoing game without the other mod in play at all and need assistance along the way especially with NRaas-related script errors, that is what we are there for. But once an going game has been saved with the other mod in play, I am afraid it is not supportable by anyone except the other developer under her own pay for support system.

Just to give a random type of example, "script error blah blah in Line 16, variable undefined" would mean nothing even to an experienced developer unless they had access to the pre-compiled code that comprises the mod. No one else has that kind of access.

Well thanks for your response, for some reason I didn't think to look if the nraas site had a forum or anything, sorry about that. I assume removing the other mod from an existing game is not advised and I'd be better just starting a new save without it?
    edited May 2018
    It depends, actually. Just removing that mod and trying to play a game that has "seen" it forward will be useless. There will be traits, skills, sim assignments, all kinds of things that will suddenly become undefined and the ongoing game will become totally corrupt. However, if there is an uninstaller available, that should be used first.

Afraid I don't if she provides one that is actually effective. It's worth a try if you can find such a thing to run on her site, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of that really working out well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    It depends, actually. Just removing that mod and trying to play a game that has "seen" it forward will be useless. There will be traits, skills, sim assignments, all kinds of things that will suddenly become undefined and the ongoing game will become totally corrupt. However, if there is an uninstaller available, that should be used first.

Afraid I don't if she provides one that is actually effective. It's worth a try if you can find such a thing to run on her site, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of that really working out well.

I'm not too fussed with starting a new save game, biggest problem for me would be losing the family. Is there any risk to copying the family to the bin and moving them to the new save? None of the family members have any of the traits that come with the mod.
    edited May 2018
    Even that would be be a Try It At Your Own Risk kind of thing. The sims by virtue of having been in a game with that mod in play have changed. They have trait and skill slots if not the traits and skills themselves that, to the game, will no longer make any sense when the mod is not present. This is the same (or similar) reason why games and sims saved with AwesomeMod in play cannot be played forward without a formal removal process having been gone through first, although in that case it does exist and for many is indeed effective.

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that the last sentence above might be subject to misinterpretation. We aren't talking about AwesomeMod here, we are talking about an entirely different mod from a different developer that indeed cannot be mentioned by name on this forum. I only mentioned Awesome in passing, to hold it up as an example of a Core Mod where things have been arranged by its developer in a much better fashion (in my opinion) for those who wish to try it out. And we actually do provide support for those who use both NRaas mods and Awesome together, to the extent that we can, at NRaas.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Even that would be be a Try It At Your Own Risk kind of thing. The sims by virtue of having been in a game with that mod in play have changed. They have trait and skill slots if not the traits and skills themselves that, to the game, will no longer make any sense when the mod is not present. This is the same (or similar) reason why games and sims saved with AwesomeMod in play cannot be played forward without a formal removal process having been gone through first, although in that case it does exist and for many is indeed effective.

Alright, well thank you for your help!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2018
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Except @igazor, sorry for paging, found it with help elsewhere. Thanks.
    Post edited by Auroraskies on