Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch: Your Thoughts (Patch Notes Now Available)

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited November 2018
    Actually it seems only the Get to Work careers still have the emotion "requirements". I checked with several non-active careers and a City Living "semi-active" career. No emotional "requirements" any more.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    The first person POV is making me laugh so much :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • FiresinopaFiresinopa Posts: 32 Member
    I hope this is the right place. I just updated my game and was trying to do the Positivity challenge by calling the coordinator but my sims just waves in the air and there is a gold lock that appears in the speech bubbles then they don't talk to the coordinator.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Actually it seems only the Get to Work careers still have the emotion "requirements". I checked with several non-active careers and a City Living "semi-active" career. No emotional "requirements" any more.

Thank you for checking.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    The pants and shoes and necklace don't appear in my cas, am I the only one ?
    bizuktag wrote: »
    New patch CAS items:

1IbwJSg.jpg
    SgjwlYn.jpg
    3P1PBZ4.jpg

• boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    No mods or cc and my sims are not eating. They throw their hands up and the plate goes on the floor..
    SimGuruMrE wrote: »

Just wanted to chime in here, this is By Design...We removed the emotional requirements for promotions for most careers except for the "active" careers such as the ones in the Get to Work EP, that said sending a sim to work in a positive emotion will still help boost that sims jobs performance but it is not a Requirement

Thanks for the heads-up! I can stop suspecting my CC lipstick of breaking the game. :)
    I actually liked the emotional requirements, but it is good to know it's not a bug.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    The pants and shoes and necklace don't appear in my cas, am I the only one ?
    New patch CAS items:

1IbwJSg.jpg
    SgjwlYn.jpg
    3P1PBZ4.jpg

If you read the patch notes you need to open those up by playing that new career - I believe it said.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited November 2018
    Just wanted to chime in here, this is By Design...We removed the emotional requirements for promotions for most careers except for the "active" careers such as the ones in the Get to Work EP, that said sending a sim to work in a positive emotion will still help boost that sims jobs performance but it is not a Requirement

Okay then. :) Thanks for clearing this up, people were suggesting that I broke my game with mods and I was going just a liiittle bit crazy here... :D

The script mods I can live without, but not the CC! :open_mouth:

Okay then. :) Thanks for clearing this up, people were suggesting that I broke my game with mods and I was going a little crazy here... :D

The script mods I can live without, but not the CC! :O

Same! :smiley:

we all try ...
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    New patch CAS items:

1IbwJSg.jpg
    SgjwlYn.jpg
    3P1PBZ4.jpg

@Netzspannung I defer to you to help me find these new basegame items! :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

All but the female jacket are locked until your Sim progresses in the Style Influencer career.
    @paradiseplanet Ha! I would if I could. Unfortunately only the female jacket seems to be unlocked by default, the other items have to be unlocked by the new career. But it's a nice jacket.

we all try ...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    First Person POV is fun though it's scary when you see through the sims faces.

2hfuhwj.jpg
    j9woj4.png

All but the female jacket are locked until your Sim progresses in the Style Influencer career.
    @paradiseplanet Ha! I would if I could. Unfortunately only the female jacket seems to be unlocked by default, the other items have to be unlocked by the new career. But it's a nice jacket.

Whelp, that's okay then, nothing but a few outfit unlocking mods can't handle!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Also can you confirm which braches unlocks which items?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I leveled two sims, one in each branch in the same household so they both just ended up with access to all the CAS items. So I can't tell who earned what. It's possible both branches give access to the same things, though.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Cupid wrote: »

To be honest, I'm not sure. I leveled two sims, one in each branch in the same household so they both just ended up with access to all the CAS items. So I can't tell who earned what. It's possible both branches give access to the same things, though.

Is there any real difference in the branches?
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited November 2018
    Just a few minutes in and I'm LOVING the patch so far. I dug a canyon on a blank lot, added some stairs down, had my sim walk down into the canyon, then used first person camera to look up and take a screenshot (which was FAR easier than the regular Tab camera mode).
    11-13-18-2-33-04-PM.png

Whelp, that's okay then, nothing but a few outfit unlocking mods can't handle!

Indeed! Just read in another thread the Unlocked CAS parts mod has already been updated!

we all try ...
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

@QueenMercy I only leveled up a female Sim in the Stylist branch and gained access to all CAS items for both genders. I assume the other branch does the same, but can't be sure.

Speaking of the patch itself, I haven't read through all the notes yet and haven't updated myself, but it looks like quite a nice patch in terms of bug fixes. Ofc it's not every fix, but there's a lot of fixes there that I've seen being requested for a long time. :)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Has anyone managed to let their Sims work with the new sketchpad? Mine always cancel the action.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

Being a huge fan and collector of the Nancy drew mystery pc game series from years ago til today i am so exited and happy to play in this new camera mode with my sim <3 the shadows on the ground really screams "Nancy drew" for me and i love it!!! and the one big plus will be if i decide on playing Nancy in my game
    ---> this time when i look in the mirror i will actually get to see her face :o:)<3 ( a really big deal for true Nancy drew fans)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Is there any real difference in the branches?

I played them as rabbit holes and they both felt virtually the same to me. They require all the same skills and the daily task for either one is very simple. They can also both create trends, and they can both give other sims makeovers... Even the work schedule is the exact same the entire way through the career. Maybe they differ when it comes to at-home working, which I hadn't tried yet, but apart from that they're extremely similar.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)