Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird glitch with reward traits?

Something odd happened to my sims reward traits, all of the sudden there are 3 blank spaces between my sim's reward traits. They show up in master controller reward trait list as well with a blank picture and no name. Here are two screenshots:

yWT8B2J.png
wzaCTi9.png

I can remove those 3 'blanks' with Nraas Master Controller, but when I do the last legit one is also no longer visible. However it still shows up in the list of MC as "has". I tried dropping it with the intention of rebuying it, but if I do the last one that is next on the list drops to invisible. I even tried dropping all reward traits and buying them back, but then 3 of them went invisible. I also tried evicting her and placing her back, but that also changed nothing.

Does anyone know what is going on here and how I can fix it? Thank you very much!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Is it possible that you have loaded up this game without an EP that is required for the missing/blank rewards whereas such an EP was present prior?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Good question but as far as I know I have loaded the game with all 20 packs. Also the 3 blanks are on top of the 68 traits she already has. Onlu when I remove the blanks do others start going invisible....
    I'm not 100% sure but the first time I noticed this was after she travelled to the future for the first time. Could that have messed things up?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Oh, I didn't catch where you were seeing the blank traits in MC's interface. I feel like I used to know what those were, this does sound very familiar. But honestly, if the game was working properly except for some blank spaces showing up in between the game panel's reward icons, I would have probably chosen to just leave them be.

But you might want to bring the questions about what these three things were supposed to be over to us at NRaas, our developer likely knows the answer.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    If you go to the Traits - Drop Rewards page in MC then you will see in the list 3 blank tiles with no description, just like they appear empty in her general list. What baffles me most is that if you clean out the list and buy everything again it still doesn't show all the icons properly. I tried moving her in to a clean save and still it showed looking weird. I agree it doesn't look game-breaking, but it still annoys me a whole lot, so if there IS a way that I can fix it I would be very grateful! I will indeed post it on the nraas forums, maybe someone there knows more!
    Well, I decided to remove them with Nraas and try if relaunching the game would make the missing green thumb icon reappear. In a test save ofcourse, just to be sure. And it did. I still don't know where those buggy blanks came from but I just hope that it will stay fixed for now!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't catch where you were seeing the blank traits in MC's interface. I feel like I used to know what those were, this does sound very familiar. But honestly, if the game was working properly except for some blank spaces showing up in between the game panel's reward icons, I would have probably chosen to just leave them be.

But you might want to bring the questions about what these three things were supposed to be over to us at NRaas, our developer likely knows the answer.

I think @TreyNutz had once posted about this at Nraas but I can't find the thread.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    ScottDemon wrote: »

I think @TreyNutz had once posted about this at Nraas but I can't find the thread.

Yeah, I've had this before and it took a while to figure out what they were. I haven't had any luck locating older Chatterbox threads on the new NRaas site. My old thread there about this "issue" might not be available.

@AlHollandiyah , those are from the Art Appraiser career opportunities. As part of the Art Appraiser career opportunities sims can acquire the abilities to: 1) paint at any painting skill level on demand, 2) paint a brilliant painting on demand, and 3) paint a masterpiece on demand. It appears EA tried to implement those 3 abilities as hidden lifetime rewards. Only EA didn't do a good job of making them hidden so they show up on the Lifetime Rewards panel. But, because they aren't supposed to be seen by players, they don't have thumbnails or pop up descriptions.

You can remove them with NRaas MasterController and its Cheats module, but your sim will lose the abilities to create those types of paintings on demand. You can also add them to any sim with MC too. They cost 0 points and show up on MC's LTR list without thumbnails or descriptions so it's impossible to figure out which is which.

I would just leave them. There's no point in removing them with MC. Assuming your sim has completed those opportunities from the Art Appraiser career, then there is nothing really wrong with your game. :)
    Ohhh, I have removed them already. That must for certain be what they are, because I had done those opportunities! MC shows more empty rewards, how to know which ones they were?
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited November 2018
    Ohhh, I have removed them already. That must for certain be what they are, because I had done those opportunities! MC shows more empty rewards, how to know which ones they were?

I recall only 3 empty Lifetime Rewards in MC - one hidden LTR for each of those abilities. You'll have to use trial and error to figure out which is which. Try loading up your game, add them one at a time to your sim, and then check the sim's painting options on the easel. If you don't get the right ones then remove them with MC and try again, or exit the game without saving and try again.
    I had already found them, turned out it were indeed only three so I added them back. I still don't like the mess they make of my reward traits section, but I don't think there is any fix for that. Bit of a Sloppy Job with Capitals IMHO.... Thanks for all your info, it has been a major help!