Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storage chest empty after traveling to the future?

I have been keeping collected items in storage chests from china for 8 seasons worth of a massive challenge. I have moved to new saves and other towns countless of times, and never before have I lost any items that were stored in my chests. However, I had 1 chests with a handful of fish in them, and now that my sim has traveled to the future and back, that chest is suddenly empty with all the fish gone. I always keep the chests in the family inventory when I move. How has this happened? Are my other chests at risk too?

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Hi! I read this:
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/objects-disappear-from-inventory.html

Moving is different from travelling, especially if it is done through the library.

When I travel to University, WA-worlds and the future I always 'empty out my pockets', have graphics on low, only travel first thing after starting up the game, always save as just before, always cross my fingers :smile:

On my good computer it works all the time.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've seen this issue with trait chips. They will work if stored outside of a chest (in personal inventory, for example). I use CC chests from MTS and don't recall ever losing fish in those, but then I always place them in personal inventory when traveling.

A few items don't travel, they get removed. The bot building station is one that most frequently trips me up; there might be other ITF items which don't survive traveling. Trait chips at least travel outside of a chest.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I've seen this issue with trait chips. They will work if stored outside of a chest (in personal inventory, for example). I use CC chests from MTS and don't recall ever losing fish in those, but then I always place them in personal inventory when traveling.

A few items don't travel, they get removed. The bot building station is one that most frequently trips me up; there might be other ITF items which don't survive traveling. Trait chips at least travel outside of a chest.

Now that you mention that, I am pretty sure I had trait chips, and they were gone too. Thanks for notifying me!