Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about the Gallery on the PS4

So I’ve been having problems with my Household Collection list glitching.
I had almost every plant from the base game, and was working on getting the UFO plant.
When I checked my collection list, it said 0/32😳
So I decided I needed to download a perfect garden lot to just go re-pick the fruit to add it to my list...

BUT after perusing my “Gallery”, it doesn’t look like there are any player made lots or rooms in there. Only a few made by Maxis.

Does that mean we can’t share our stuff with other console players?

So, is our Galley on the consoles really more like an expanded Library?

Comments

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    The gallery is not online, so, no we cannot share with others. The houses on the gallery that came with the base game were made by Maxis, i believe. However, in updates they have expanded the library to include houses/lots/roons made by pc players. They can't label them as made by "so and so" from the pc for some reason. But to sum it up, no we don't have an online gallery like pc. There is talk of a possible online gallery for console but nothing concrete as yet.
    A work around for collections is to start a different save, turn on cheats, go into build/buy mode, enable bb.showhiddenobjects, then type in debug. You should then be able to find all collectibles and then make a room and save it to your library to then add it to a lot on your main save that you want to complete your collection on. If that makes sense lol
  • Kimber_TAC_2Kimber_TAC_2 Posts: 37 Member
    Yep! I ended up making a perfect garden lot myself and saving it to my library.
    I had been hoping I could benefit from somebody else’s hard work, but ended up getting pretty proficient at some of the cheats, so it’s all good. 😉
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The gallery is not online, so, no we cannot share with others. The houses on the gallery that came with the base game were made by Maxis, i believe. However, in updates they have expanded the library to include houses/lots/roons made by pc players. They can't label them as made by "so and so" from the pc for some reason. But to sum it up, no we don't have an online gallery like pc. There is talk of a possible online gallery for console but nothing concrete as yet.

And Households. We've been getting households created by other simmers from the pc including your's truly. 2 of mine got sent to the console library. My Simself and the Stein Household Michelle and Ben.
  • Kimber_TAC_2Kimber_TAC_2 Posts: 37 Member
    Oh cool @catloverplayer! I see them in there!
    Oh cool @catloverplayer! I see them in there!

I got them to bring in Lily Ford as well. She's not made by me but she's one of my favorite sims. She was actually made in the CAS Demo.

And Households. We've been getting households created by other simmers from the pc including your's truly. 2 of mine got sent to the console library. My Simself and the Stein Household Michelle and Ben.

Absolutely, that's what I was referring to. I wish they would at least put pc players origin id's or names with their wonderful creations. Give ya'll some credit for your hardwork! I can't tell you how long it takes me to try and figure out how to build some of the houses I find on the gallery, lol! I look forward to seeing more of your households or builds in future updates catloverplayer!
    Yep! I ended up making a perfect garden lot myself and saving it to my library.
    I had been hoping I could benefit from somebody else’s hard work, but ended up getting pretty proficient at some of the cheats, so it’s all good. 😉

Me too! I used to have a list of what cheats did what but now I have them memorized lol :)
  • BrinteySpearsBBrinteySpearsB Posts: 27 Member
    Can they please add a lady Gaga countess sim from american horror story to the gallery?
  • BrinteySpearsBBrinteySpearsB Posts: 27 Member
    [quote="BrinteySpearsB;c-16822454"]Can they please add a lady Gaga countess sim from american horror story to the gallery? [/quote]
    Please answer me
    Can they please add a lady Gaga countess sim from american horror story to the gallery?

It depends on if the said sim is already on the pc gallery and if it doesn't have packs that aren't out on console yet. I'd suggest requesting this sim to SimGuruLegacy on Twitter and link him to the said sim.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I've got the stein household in my game , they stay in a 2 bedroom apartment , they have a toddler daughter together, love playing them @catloverplayer
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I've got the stein household in my game , they stay in a 2 bedroom apartment , they have a toddler daughter together, love playing them @catloverplayer

Awesome.
    edited April 2019
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    To be honest. Its no promis that there is going to be a gallery. No Harm intended but till they announce a release date, i have no hopes till then. Still would love it to be able to see what everybody makes. (Looking at catloverplayer and Nikkih 😁)
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »

That article is misleading. Sims 4 features several online features not limited to the gallery. The game also has Facebook and twitter integration. I’m not sure if the console ports have that as well, but after nearly 2 years I don’t see the gallery making a debut on console.
    edited May 2019

@catloverplayer What is you're selfsims name? Found stein and millie.
    Post edited by Needrar on
    edited May 2019
    I think it will come to consoles, I think if it was impossible the devs would just say it wont happen , like they did for Nintendo switch :-). I believe the reason we havent got the gallery yet was because we were well behind PC with packs and more important updates before it , what's the point in adding something that has content that we dont have and they might just add a gallery maybe not Facebook etc :smiley:@drake_mccarty
    Post edited by Nikkih on
    And @Needrar dont destroy my dreams 😂😂 or catloverplayers lol
    No its not my intend to destroy dreams but just that i don't wanne hope for it. Of just makes me tense when i want something and someone says its coming but we don't know when. Hate that. I want the gallery. But if there is no real date or relevant news then in not hoping for it

Please keep up you're dreams. That is what makes us loving this game. Living this life and loving it. Peace.
    edited May 2019
    How do you @ someone? Like Nikkih did in her post?

@Nikkih does not work.
    Oh wait. It does.
    Forget i asked. Im feeling old right now. 🤣
    I'm kidden you on 😂😂 @Needrar
    I was about to say you've got it 😂