Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the new feature?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hate it.
    DBClayton wrote: »
    I would have put neutral except that the application of it is so unsteady and unstabilized, and has so many clipping errors that it feels like an early version of a homebrew mod.
    This COULD be a great feature, if it allowed for WASD movement, eliminated the bobbing and clipping, and found solutions for hidden animations like Woohoo (other than exiting the first person mode altogether). The SimGurus said this was a team member's pet project and it feels like it-- an unfinished feature that could be great if it was properly polished and presented. But it's not.
    It's great that Maxis lets its developers work on pet projects, but it's disappointing that the gripes the community have are overlooked in favor of half-baked features.

Love this. Could not have said it better.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hate it.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    alexandrea wrote: »
    I'm really upset about this. This feature was a complete waste in my eyes. On top of that, they had me hyped up for no reason!

Blame the Game Changers not the Devs. They didn’t say it was game changing and super amazing, the GC’s did.

Then there's more reason why the program is a waste.

Involve all players into the development process or none at all. Nobody should represent someone else because they upload videos of themselves playing the game. Either that or call them EA Advocates, which is what they essentially are. Just my two cents.

I'm so sick of these so called game changers and influencers. They are changing the game for themselves not the community of gamers who play them and pay for the games with actual cash. They don't give any real criticism to EA, most just blindly praise even the worst implemented features so that they can remain in EA's pr list. I don't watch any of their videos anymore, I honestly get really sick of listening/viewing copy pasted youtuber formulas and personalities. They all talk in an inorganic hysterical way, and over exaggerate everything, creating imaginary excitement just so that the viewer feels attracted to what's to come. Almost none of them are original in their content, but....this isn't something that's exclusive to them, a lot of the bigger youtube entertainment "sectors", all copy each other for views. I have grown tired of it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Disappointed
    Part of me is on the side of "well if someone else likes it, great". while the other part is like "Did we need this? really? first person? is this gta where we get to cap Nancy Landgraab for looking at us the wrong way?"

I'm less than pleased, personally, don't think we need it and once the five seconds of fun wear off, pretty sure everyone less will see this as a pointless feature added in to replace something we actually NEED and WANT.

Not being rude, I know the team work tirelessly to bring us content whether we're happy or not, but this just feels like being kicked in the face by a really obnoxious Lama with a sign around it's neck saying "loves hugs and totes won't attack you, even though it probably will"

Excuse me for this but where are our phones we can place on the counter or wall? Where are the burglars and scandal that ruin our sims lives?

Where are the important things?!

Is a giggle more important now? Five minutes of "thats cool....I'm done now" than a good few years of enjoying the whole game?!

*cough talking toilet cough*

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Disappointed
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm really upset about this. This feature was a complete waste in my eyes. On top of that, they had me hyped up for no reason!

Blame the Game Changers not the Devs. They didn’t say it was game changing and super amazing, the GC’s did.

Involve all players into the development process or none at all. Nobody should represent someone else because they upload videos of themselves playing the game. Either that or call them EA Advocates, which is what they essentially are. Just my two cents.

I'm so sick of these so called game changers and influencers. They are changing the game for themselves not the community of gamers who play them and pay for the games with actual cash. They don't give any real criticism to EA, most just blindly praise even the worst implemented features so that they can remain in EA's pr list. I don't watch any of their videos anymore, I honestly get really sick of listening/viewing copy pasted youtuber formulas and personalities. They all talk in an inorganic hysterical way, and over exaggerate everything, creating imaginary excitement just so that the viewer feels attracted to what's to come. Almost none of them are original in their content, but....this isn't something that's exclusive to them, a lot of the bigger youtube entertainment "sectors", all copy each other for views. I have grown tired of it.

I have to agree.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Love it. Will use it sometimes
    Awesome! I feel this feature will really add to my enjoyment. I can’t wait to pop into first person mode while I’m chilling in my hot tub on my high rise balcony overlooking the city!

Or while at the club dancing, seeing the people dance and DJ lasers/effects will be awesome!

I think this will really increase my immersion in the world.
  • Options
    Angel98366Angel98366 Posts: 57 Member
    Meh
    It's not for me... it tends to make me sick.. I am happy for all that wanted it and will use it :)
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'm excited because I'd like to see the romantic interactions from the other Sim's point of view but I won't use this a lot because it could make me sick. Also, I wonder what death would be like from the viewpoint of the Sim dying?
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Game changing. Will use it a lot
    I'm excited because I'd like to see the romantic interactions from the other Sim's point of view but I won't use this a lot because it could make me sick. Also, I wonder what death would be like from the viewpoint of the Sim dying?

That's Black Mirror worthy. Bring me the dark stuff.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Meh

I'm so sick of these so called game changers and influencers. They are changing the game for themselves not the community of gamers who play them and pay for the games with actual cash.
    [...]

Bruh, this makes me so sad cuz it's so true. I totally forgot that these people probably get free copies of the game. 😭😭
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Really?Every people play the game differently. Like the previous tagline of The Sims 3, Millions of Different Ways to play. Just because a Game Changer love to create some videos in FPS, or would want to it dosen't mean all of them. Don't give Criticsm to EA? You must not have watching their videos then
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Meh
    It left me feeling a bit disoriented just watching a clip of it, lol. It's okay, but it wouldn't be something I'd go wild for or anything. I don't think I've ever hoped for this feature to be in the series but it'll be useful to some players and it's optional which is always a good thing in my book.

Personally, I was hoping if they'd surprise players with anything it would be an improvement to the sims. Not exactly a feature but something that's definitely needed.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2018
    Game changing. Will use it a lot
    Sooo use to this feature in other games and i love it but certainly NOT the sims therefore i'll call this a game changer for the simple fact that i will be changing how i play my game from this point on..... so i am looking forward to this <3 also to prepare myself
    I am pulling out my camera to pretend i want to take a picture so i can check out this way of viewing a little bit more in certain areas of the world and i am noticing so much i never noticed before or never really paid any attention too...yep, game changer!!

** i forgot to also add when i hit the shift and tab key i can see it sort of that way now as well like from another sim eyes but not the sim i am currently playing.
    Post edited by AmouraB on
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    Hate it.
    Not something I would use due to motion sickness but glad to hear that some people love it. Hopefully one day soon they will add preteens or a height changer. Not everyone is the same height.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    noteye32 wrote: »
    Not something I would use due to motion sickness but glad to hear that some people love it. Hopefully one day soon they will add preteens or a height changer. Not everyone is the same height.

Yeah, I hope that they will give us a height manipulation tool someday soon! :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Has this already happened on PC? I've not had any updates yet. I'm a bit confused.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2018
    February11 wrote: »
    Has this already happened on PC? I've not had any updates yet. I'm a bit confused.

It's coming in the next patch with terrain tools, self employment, the stylist career and whatever bugs fixes that plan on releasing.
  • Options
    VentusMatt wrote: »

It's coming in the next patch with terrain tools, self employment, the stylist career and whatever bugs fixes that plan on releasing.

Thanks @VentusMatt, Yes I've read up about it. It just sounded like people were that familiar with it that they'd already had the update.
    I see now it's coming out next Tuesday.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018

Thanks @VentusMatt, Yes I've read up about it. It just sounded like people were that familiar with it that they'd already had the update.

It was on Twitch with the Gurus Tuesday after the Get Fame live play - they showed it off for a bit.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

It was on Twitch with the Gurus Tuesday after the Get Fame live play - they showed it off for a bit.

Ahh thanks @Writin_Reg :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    CaelaiCaelai Posts: 89 Member
    Neutral
    I really can't get my head around how should I feel. I think this new feature is one of those things that you have to test to know do you like it or not. I'm curious how it's going to work, but I don't think that I'm going to be using it all the time.

But I think it's so cool that someone made this in their free time <3
    youtube: Caelai | twitter: caelaisims | tumblr: caelai-sims | origin: caelaisims | discord: Small Simmers
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Howdy folks,

Not everyone's going to agree with everyone's desires for features or changes in games. That's a reality of games. That said, this isn't a thread about game changers and the feedback they offer being valid or representative of the community or not. This is a thread about the new first-person feature. Let's please keep this in mind and try to get back on topic, please. :smile:

~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    A friend pointed out to me that the sims will still have a visible body in first-person, which makes it good by default.
    Yes it's just a clipping view of an empty husk, but when other games have you either invisible, or with feet, just feet no torso, it's kind of refreshing.
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    edited November 2018

Yeah @Sigzy05 I don't like the feature either and I agree with your poignant post. But let's not express sincerity with our views that conflict with that of the higher echelons lest they silence us. But I along with hundreds are with you and do not like this new feature.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Hate it.
    I suffer (and have my whole life) from Motion Sickness. I found out about eight and a half years ago that I can't play first-person games too well. They tend to make me sick. I'm so glad to learn this is an optional feature. I won't be using it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Meh
    I suffer (and have my whole life) from Motion Sickness. I found out about eight and a half years ago that I can't play first-person games too well. They tend to make me sick. I'm so glad to learn this is an optional feature. I won't be using it.

Same here. I can't even play those games where you have the view from above with the characters fighting.