Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Together vs Seasons

Unfortunately I will only be able to afford one expansion pack, for right now. I'm torn between getting Get Together first, or waiting until Seasons is released. I've been waiting for a Seasons EP, because I love having weather in the game. However, after reading about Get Together, I'm not torn. It seems like GT has much more to offer.

What do you recommend? I know many have both on the PC/MAC version. If you were only able to buy one, right now, which one would you get first?

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    GT is nice because of Windenburg, but it hasn't many features apart from the club system. Seasons offers much more.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Tough one.

Get together has my favourite world and adds more community lots and has some fun objects like darts, table football, don’t tell the llama. That being I don’t play with clubs but I don’t feel I’m missing out. Seasons helps a ton for immersion and it can throw a spanner in the works in terms of activities being rained out for example. I really wouldn’t like to play without it.

Seasons has a few nice activities. If I were you I would pick seasons as Get together will go on sale before seasons will.
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Well normally around the release of a new pack they do discounts so you might get together cheaper
  • Options
    simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    Tough one.

Get together has my favourite world and adds more community lots and has some fun objects like darts, table football, don’t tell the llama. That being I don’t play with clubs but I don’t feel I’m missing out. Seasons helps a ton for immersion and it can throw a spanner in the works in terms of activities being rained out for example. I really wouldn’t like to play without it.

Seasons has a few nice activities. If I were you I would pick seasons as Get together will go on sale before seasons will.

I've been waiting for Seasons. I think the change in weather adds a lot to the game, by itself. I liked the idea of clubs and getting a new town. So, I'm really torn. I may just let money decide. If they discount GT, then that will probably be the difference maker for me. I'll have to get Seasons when it is discounted, or when I have a little extra free cash.

• Options
    Does anyone have a screen shot of the content that comes with each pack? I've looked, but I haven't seen it. The graphic that shows the furniture, clothes, and hairstyles.
  • Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    simoleanj wrote: »
    Does anyone have a screen shot of the content that comes with each pack? I've looked, but I haven't seen it. The graphic that shows the furniture, clothes, and hairstyles.

You could go to the Origin website, look up the pack, and scroll down to where every new item is shown.
  • Options
    floralney wrote: »
    simoleanj wrote: »

You could go to the Origin website, look up the pack, and scroll down to where every new item is shown.

great idea. Thanks!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Seasons adds more if you ask me. You're getting holidays,winter activities,weather and even Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. You're also getting swings,sprinklers and toddler pools.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'd get Seasons first. But if I were in your shoes I would wait for the Black Friday discounts.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    I would definitely get Seasons first, as it changes the game-play fundamentally. Get together is great, I have it, but it won't hurt to wait some time for it.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited October 2018
    Tough call.

GT your sim can go to dance parties and clubs, the club system is great and can be used to your advantage. It seems to get updated with every pack that comes. The clothing in GT is great from casual to party and the world that comes with it is big if you're also wanting more space for your sims. Sims having more places to go and things to do is always a plus. Especially when they can go to cafes as well.

Seasons is just a great addition since sims and surroundings are affected by it and sims being able to celebrate actual holidays with traditions and you can make your own. I really love the furniture and decor that comes with it. Just having weather in the game really changes the atmosphere. Weather can make the day better or just ruin it if your sims have something planned like a pool party or something else.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BrinteySpearsBBrinteySpearsB Posts: 27 Member
    Just get both of them at the same time
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i am forever saddened by players saying 'the clubs are useless' or 'i don't play with clubs because they don't do anything'. they are seriously a huge gamechanger if you actually start using them. especially for background stuff to make specific lots feel more lively

an easy example is making a club of rowdy sports fans (who all happen to have the bro trait), set the club rules to 'drink', 'play pub games', 'watch tv' (with the sims being bros, they will default to sports when watching tv, though occasionally watch other channels), set it up so the club meets at one of the pubs that come with windenberg. then, every time you visit that lot with any household, the bros will show up, start acting like it's a real sports pub. (and, for added liveliness, you could make two competing clubs who dress in different colored sportswear at club gatherings to symbolize cheering for rival teams and add the rule 'fight x club' so they'll get into fistfights with each other as their teams compete on tv)

there is so very much the club system can do, yet most players ignore it as 'another way to party'

...with that out of the way, i'd personally say go for get together first. even without the clubs. seasons is great, great stuff and i'd say get it when you can, but the new world for windenberg alone is a great reason for the pack. the clothing and decor, build items (new water colors for pools!), plants and such are all great, as well. and, of course, the club system as i babbled above...

if nothing else, you can do what the majority that uses clubs do, keep households together, especially extended families if you have some move out, make a rule 'be friendly with club' (and pick the club itself) to keep their relationships high without you having to make them talk to each other (with that rule and the club being active, they'll do it on their own)

it's also good for making career-specific clubs, so your sims can get to know their coworkers and maybe work on skills for their careers. but, again, these are the most basic uses for the club system. and about all most use it for. if they even touch it at all

also, simsvip has pretty detailed writeups of everything that comes in a pack for easy perusal
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    I haven't played Seasons on PC but from what I can tell, it might be the better bet as far as amount of content.

I really like GT and I love using clubs to create groups of friends for children and teens, as well as using them to help find spouses for adults since you can set requirements based on age and relationship status. Other than those purposes (and bringing gamers together for play sessions) I don't use clubs much. But the clothes and stuff included in it are nice too.

If you're able to be patient about it (and maybe you don't want to be, that's totally understandable!) I would do what has been suggested and try to wait for Black Friday to see what prices are then. That will probably be your best bet, and maybe the prices will be good enough you can afford both.