Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Objects don't appear to be black / Brightness issue

JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
Hello everyone.

Here I am back again with another question.
I tried searching, but haven't seen a solution somewhere. Objects that are clearly black in the catalogue, aren't black in game. More greyish than anything else. This was the case with a counter and when I placed the counter outside, the brightness was TOO much for me to handle.
How can my game render the objects not black but a greyish tone? My graphics card is fully updated and Sims 3 runs smoothly furthermore.

In the catalogue it's clearly showing black on the counter, and then there is the one in-game, clearly not the color it's supposed to be (grey as opposed to black).
Only options in Nvidia panel I have turned on are Vsync on and prefer perfomance energy mode.

PS: If it matters, I play with all settings cranked up fully and in Sunlit Tides.
PPS: It's also a metallic black, is this normal for that type?
And how the *Peep* do you get rid of the incessant glow, It's annoying me to no end.

Thanks in advance, everyone ~

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    It's the reflectivity of the metal, at least partly. If you changed it to a matt texture (like simply a black from the misc. category in CASt), it would probably then appear as black. The plastics category is almost as reflective as the metals, by the way. A more roughly textured metal might also look more black. Also, I assume it's the counter top you're having a problem with? Light reflectivity off the top of objects like counters and tables, etc., can be very strong sometimes and even cause things like woods to appear much lighter in game than what they're actually colored to be. It can help to reduce the intensity of the light over the object or not have overhead lights. Lighting in the different worlds is also somewhat different and objects will appear differently in them, and they also appear differently at night than they do in the day, etc.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread