Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many generations has your family gone through?

Comments

• CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Currently on generation 2 of my current, and so far my longest since I've started playing the sims franchise LOL. I'm bored of this household but I'm trying to push through and make it to generation 3 so that I can explore Get Famous with the heir!
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have completed ONE legacy (10 generations) in the history of The Sims. I have had Sims 1,2,3,4 and only completed 10 generations once and only with The Sims 4. The Sims 3 would always break. The Sims 2 I was young and didn't have a decent computer. The Sims 1 didn't have all the fancy stuff the newer ones have plus I was pretty young with not that great of a computer.

I gotta say The Sims 4 has been the most stable Sims game I have played. I almost never have it crash and I have bugs/glitches but not nearly as bad as 3 was.

I am currently on generation 3 of my current saved game. I'm hoping it'll be my SECOND completed legacy.

E1Eiini.png

Edited: To add picture of legacy I completed.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    March306 wrote: »
    I have completed ONE legacy (10 generations) in the history of The Sims. I have had Sims 1,2,3,4 and only completed 10 generations once and only with The Sims 4. The Sims 3 would always break. The Sims 2 I was young and didn't have a decent computer. The Sims 1 didn't have all the fancy stuff the newer ones have plus I was pretty young with not that great of a computer.

I gotta say The Sims 4 has been the most stable Sims game I have played. I almost never have it crash and I have bugs/glitches but not nearly as bad as 3 was.

I am currently on generation 3 of my current saved game. I'm hoping it'll be my SECOND completed legacy.
    That’s impressive! I’ve always been curious about The Sims 3 but I don’t know if it’d be as much of an exciting experience since I’ve started with 4.

F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I just got a notice that I’ve played one family for 10 generations they are currently on 11
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    In TS4, the farthest I've gotten is 3 generations. My most ever was 5 in TS3. I'm not very good at sticking with families.. usually because a new pack comes out/I buy a new pack and I want to start fresh to use all the new content.
    I do stick to families, kinda. I don't play legacy-style though. When I move out adult children I often still play them, switching between branches of the family. Some I mark as unplayed so that they'll age and MCCC will do things with them, but if I haven't lost interest in them, I keep them around played until I feel like playing them. So it's really all one family, but not one household, and not linear.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    In Sims 4? 6. Long lifespan and I regularly take breaks from playing to build instead.
    image.png
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    edited October 2018
    I've kind of lost count because each new legacy I start begins with the last heir of the previous game. I've completed 4 full legacies and a couple of partials, but I very rarely create new sims... I breed them to get new ones instead :D
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    I'm currently playing gen 3 with some gen 4 kids being born in my not so berry challenge, i think the most generations I've ever had is 4 or 5. I usually have new ideas for gameplay and get bored waiting for kids to grow up to use them or they don't fit the family so i make a new save and forget about the ones i has been playing.
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    Usually I can't get past gen 3. In my NSB challenge though, I'm about to make it to gen 4... and I reaaaally wanna finish that one!
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • MiguelDiogoMiguelDiogo Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm on generation 12 I bought Sims 4 as soon as it came out and I've been playing in the same save since
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm on generation 4. I get fond of them and want them around a long time.
  • mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I'm on my 3rd for my rosebud challenge and it's the most generations I've ever played. Normally I get to the second before I get bored. I've still got a long way to go for the challenge so I guess I'll have quite a few more generations.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    14. The only family and save I've played since the start.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I’ve reached generation 9 once (I play on nomal lifespan though) but I’m giving that family a rest for now.

I’m on generation 2 of my current family.

Five generations so far.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I'm on generation SIX! And I'm super excited about that. If the kids make it to teenagers, I'll beat my record from the sims 3! (Gen 6 as children. The game crashed before they could turn into teens.) Com'mon, Sims 4! Hold it together! :lol:
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2018
    My most played Sim's family is only just starting into the 3rd generation. I have a lot of saves, so I'm slow to play them for multiple generations.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Sims 3 I'm onto my 10th generation, it's going a lot slower now that I'm also playing Sims 4. I have to juggle them. And with Sims 4 I'm onto my 5th generation.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Unfortunately, none of my saves has gone past the second generation. I get too easily distracted, or start a new save or challenge, or I just get bored with playing a spesific household. Must also say I've never done a legacy challenge of any sort. Most of them have too many rules to keep track of. Anything gen 3 and up is impressive to me :D
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I'm on generation 6, which is by far the longest I've ever played with a family! I tend to just get bored and start a new family, but I'm really trying to stick to this one. Its the first time I've played and really made sure each generation is very different from each other. I usually play in a similar way with each generation and give them a 'normal' happy life, but this time I've really mixed it up a bit, and some of my sims have died by accident which has really added to the story and kept things interesting. Maybe that's the key to a long legacy!?
  • StellaInterpolStellaInterpol Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks to several save files and a lot of luck, I've been playing my current family since December 2014. I'm on generation 53. They started off as a strict legacy challenge rule following family, but after hitting gen 10 I decided to see how long I could keep them going. I redo their home decor a lot and force myself to use traits and aspirations I tend to ignore.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2018
    Ive been expanding the Landgraab family tree and we're into gen 6 now. With GF on the way, Im taking a break from them since I have quite a few sims in the family that want to explore stardom. The Goth family is my current game and Im starting freah with them. And technically its gen 2 with Alexander and Cassandra, but it became gen 3 when I gave Mortimer and Bella their parents.

Both generations arent legacy challenges, since those get in the way of how I like to play. (I tried it once and quickly got bored) Ive been having alot of fun expanding the family lines and Im curious to see how the trees will look a few months from now!
  • Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    asimbsim wrote: »
    I usually play in a similar way with each generation and give them a 'normal' happy life, but this time I've really mixed it up a bit, and some of my sims have died by accident which has really added to the story and kept things interesting. Maybe that's the key to a long legacy!?

It definitely helps! Randomizing everything is the key for me, it forces me to play careers, aspirations, and traits that I wouldn't normally choose. You'd think that would make me enjoy it less, but it doesn't! Keeps things fresh and holds my interest.

Also, I'm fascinated by genetics so I love to see features pass on through the generations
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2018
    Currently on generation 4, the farthest I've ever gotten with a single family, which actually started early, as one of my sims unexpectedly became pregnant as a teenager. She had a son and, so far, he's the only member of gen 4, but he's the same age as gen 3. The rest of generation 4 should be starting soon, though, as the oldest gen 3 kids are starting to age into YA now.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'm on my 4th generation, soon to be 5th. If I'm honest, its the furthest I've ever got generation-wise in the Sims.
    giphy.gif