Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compiled list of bugs in The Sims 3

1235...Next

Comments

• SimsLover0423SimsLover0423 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > SimsLover0423 wrote: »
    >
    > This is soo off topic but I didn't know where to post it to be honest.
    > Wondering if I can get some suggestions from you guys. So currently I'm playing in the world Setra , so I was trying to have one of my sim enter University but every time it hits the middle of the loading bar it crashes and I thought it was weird so I tested it on another sim in a different world and it loaded just fine so I realized that the town Setra is heavily populated and probably caused the crashing, is there any solutions to help it?
    >
    >
    >
    > 1 - Has anyone from this world ever gone to Uni before? If the game has generated a SimsUniversity nhd file within its Save folder, try pulling that file out or deleting it. Note that if you are able to get into Uni World, it will be replaced by a fresh copy with everything the way it looks by default and its original sims in it in case that's important to this ongoing game.
    >
    > 2- And then we move on to discussing other solutions for the crash.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15965138/#Comment_15965138
    >
    > 3 - From what I understand though, Setra although deservedly popular is a very large and complicated world. If transitioning out of it (and similarly back into it) during travel transitions causes the game's RAM usage to spike into the danger zone, which for most will be somewhere above 3.4 GB or so give or take a bit, then yes it will either crash on you or Error12 upon trying to Save or Save As, which are just as bad as no one needs a game that cannot ever be saved. I would probably approach this one with some pretty low expectations, even with the performance fixing mods referenced in the linked thread in play. :/

1 - Yes, I have sent one of my sims to University and it went smoothly.

I'll play around with it and see if it works. :smile:
  • TayMeowCxxTayMeowCxx Posts: 38 Member
    I reread this list and it seems rerouting isnt much of a issue in bridgeport? Am i the only one thats experiencing a rerouting issue in bridgeport when my sims doing basic things like work at rabbit holes or when they're just sitting on the couch or sleeping? Ugh when will the maddness stop?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    TayMeowCxx wrote: »
    I reread this list and it seems rerouting isnt much of a issue in bridgeport? Am i the only one thats experiencing a rerouting issue in bridgeport when my sims doing basic things like work at rabbit holes or when they're just sitting on the couch or sleeping? Ugh when will the maddness stop?
    Bridgeport can be trouble, it's the second most route-failed world that EA has produced. Nowhere near to the level of Isla Paradiso (this one is impossible to play for most unless it's entirely fixed up) but Bridgeport could use some help.

-- For those not averse to using mods, we find NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, and Traffic almost essential to play in most worlds but especially ones like this. GoHere can also help by improving world routing.

-- EllaCharmed has made replacement underlying .world files for many of the EA worlds. The one she made for Bridgeport fixes some of the more serious rifts in the street and sidewalk junctions that can trip up routing. One has to start one's game in Bridgeport over again for her .world file to have any effect.

-- Elevators cause routing problems and Bridgeport has far too many. It's up to the player as to whether they want to get rid of some, but Overwatch resets all elevators every night -- actually the current version does this at 5 am in urban worlds so as not to catch and reset all sims just coming home from bars and clubs at the usual 3 am time used in other worlds.

-- And the big one, inactive resident sims in Bridgeport, like anyplace else, tend to hibernate in their homes when not called upon to do something else or get pushed out to community lots. When it's time for them to spring into action, many of them will instantiate (materialize) in the darkened out NPC-only sections of their apartment buildings and get stuck in there. Overwatch will report on or reset them eventually for those using it, the game will too after a while, but in the meantime they can put a huge drain on game resources as the game engine keeps trying to figure out how to route them out of there (and it can't). One way is to keep resetting them when (if using mods) NRaas SP reports sims missing work/school or Overwatch reports them as stuck. Even better, would be to go into their apartment buildings in Build/Buy with BuyDebug on to see where they are stuck and give them a non-NPC door or some other way out of these rooms they keep getting locked into, and possibly change the rooms' private room marker to a public room one (there are variations on this strategy, the point is it's going to keep happening every sim day if we don't fix these things).

As for the reported madness, yes Bridgeport can be a pain to play in because of these things. One solution is to not play there if things are too frustrating and you would rather not go around fixing everything. There are other, custom player made urban worlds available that don't have all of these issues for example. Or you could get rid of maybe half of the highrise apartment buildings, replace them with some of your own, and then only have to worry about fixing the remaining half. Or we could design our own worlds entirely, lots of choices but depends on what the player wants to spend their time doing. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Update: I've installed the mods like Overwatch etc and lowered my graphic settings and it's still crashing.. :/ I've also deleted some houses that have tons of cc hoping that will help..
    edited August 2017
    Update: I've installed the mods like Overwatch etc and lowered my graphic settings and it's still crashing.. :/ I've also deleted some houses that have tons of cc hoping that will help..
    Are Traveler and ErrorTrap among the mods in play?

This may not be fixable, though. Other players have had trouble with that world as well, again due to its size and complexity. How the problems present themselves and how soon seem to vary by player.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    >
    > Update: I've installed the mods like Overwatch etc and lowered my graphic settings and it's still crashing.. :/ I've also deleted some houses that have tons of cc hoping that will help..
    >
    >
    >
    > Are Traveler and ErrorTrap among the mods in play?
    >
    > This may not be fixable, though. Other players have had trouble with that world as well, again due to its size and complexity. How the problems present themselves and how soon seem to vary by player.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes I've installed Traveler and ErrorTrap also. I'm aware situations like these are not always fixable but I'm just trying different methods and hopefully it somewhat works. I have sent a sim to University in the town which worked fine, now I am sending the sim's young adult to University which crashes whenever it loads about midway, I launched a new game in the town of Sunset Valley and sent a sim to University and it loaded smoothly so I thought maybe Setra is just too populated which causes the crashing. Do you think if I deleted some sims (which I wouldn't want but if thats the case then) it will help?
    Yes I've installed Traveler and ErrorTrap also. I'm aware situations like these are not always fixable but I'm just trying different methods and hopefully it somewhat works. I have sent a sim to University in the town which worked fine, now I am sending the sim's young adult to University which crashes whenever it loads about midway, I launched a new game in the town of Sunset Valley and sent a sim to University and it loaded smoothly so I thought maybe Setra is just too populated which causes the crashing. Do you think if I deleted some sims (which I wouldn't want but if thats the case then) it will help?
    Never having played this world and not having any script error logs to analyze (maybe there aren't any), it's difficult to say. All I can do is relate that many players have had issues with Setra that they do not have in less complicated worlds. It could be the number of sims, the intricate design and size of the world/map, or it could be that your ongoing game there is becoming corrupt. Personally I would probably be working on gathering up the sims I cared about by way of NRaas Porter or some other method and moving them to a different homeworld with less overhead.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    >
    > Yes I've installed Traveler and ErrorTrap also. I'm aware situations like these are not always fixable but I'm just trying different methods and hopefully it somewhat works. I have sent a sim to University in the town which worked fine, now I am sending the sim's young adult to University which crashes whenever it loads about midway, I launched a new game in the town of Sunset Valley and sent a sim to University and it loaded smoothly so I thought maybe Setra is just too populated which causes the crashing. Do you think if I deleted some sims (which I wouldn't want but if thats the case then) it will help?
    >
    >
    >
    > Never having played this world and not having any script error logs to analyze (maybe there aren't any), it's difficult to say. All I can do is relate that many players have had issues with Setra that they do not have in less complicated worlds. It could be the number of sims, the intricate design and size of the world/map, or it could be that your ongoing game there is becoming corrupt. Personally I would probably be working on gathering up the sims I cared about by way of NRaas Porter or some other method and moving them to a different homeworld with less overhead.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

let's say I do move them to another world, which mod will help me maintain friendships etc from Setra? This is probably such a hassle but I was thinking of moving them to a new world for the sim to go to University then move them back to Setra. It's not a huge deal to me but I do want to play University. I do think something is wrong with the Setra game because I just tested my family from Storybrook County and it was able to load the University town smoothly.
    edited August 2017
    let's say I do move them to another world, which mod will help me maintain friendships etc from Setra? This is probably such a hassle but I was thinking of moving them to a new world for the sim to go to University then move them back to Setra. It's not a huge deal to me but I do want to play University. I do think something is wrong with the Setra game because I just tested my family from Storybrook County and it was able to load the University town smoothly.
    That would be Traveler, if you move them by vacationing to another world, have them buy and move into a vacation home, and invoke Change Hometown on them. But since we think something is wrong, you may have the same problem traveling out of Setra into the other world. Or you may have trouble getting back into Setra and never be able to return there.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ
    (see the Switching Homeworlds section towards the end of that page)

What I meant was I would be thinking about using NRaas Porter to gather up the sims I cared about and place them in a new world all at once -- there is an undefined limit to the number of sims that can successfully be packed up and placed this way, usually around 80 or maybe 100, so it could take several tries to get it right. From that point forward, Setra would become abandoned and no longer be in your ongoing game, nor would any sims left behind.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter+FAQ
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    >
    > let's say I do move them to another world, which mod will help me maintain friendships etc from Setra? This is probably such a hassle but I was thinking of moving them to a new world for the sim to go to University then move them back to Setra. It's not a huge deal to me but I do want to play University. I do think something is wrong with the Setra game because I just tested my family from Storybrook County and it was able to load the University town smoothly.
    >
    >
    >
    > That would be Traveler, if you move them by vacationing to another world, have them buy and move into a vacation home, and invoke Change Hometown on them. But since we think something is wrong, you may have the same problem traveling out of Setra into the other world. Or you may have trouble getting back into Setra and never be able to return there.
    > http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ
    > (see the Switching Homeworlds section towards the end of that page)
    >
    > What I meant was I would be thinking about using NRaas Porter to gather up the sims I cared about and place them in a new world all at once -- there is an undefined limit to the number of sims that can successfully be packed up and placed this way, usually around 80 or maybe 100, so it could take several tries to get it right. From that point forward, Setra would become abandoned and no longer be in your ongoing game, nor would any sims left behind.
    > http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter+FAQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, I wanted to test the travelling out to see if any crashing would happen and they traveled to Starlight Shore smoothly and back to Setra smoothly also. Don't know why I couldn't get to University. I'll probably test the changing the hometown then having the sim travel to University from there.
    Update: Seems like it crashes again whenever I travel to University even if it's not in Setra. Don't know why that happens.. guess I'll just ignore the option to go to University in this town.
  • kwontothelunakwontotheluna Posts: 1 New Member
    If this thread is still alive; I've turned off Story Progression but the game is still running as if it were on with inactive Sims moving in/out, changing jobs, having babies etc. Help?
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    That's how things have been since the 163 patch was released and the only way to fix it is to install the NRaas Mods including story progression which is better than EA's glitchy bugfest.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited October 2018
    I've created this list to show the list of bugs that exist in The Sims 3 as of version 1.67. As EA is no longer updating The Sims 3, TS3 will never be patched to have the existing glitches fixed unless we use a mod. I'm sure there are still people playing the game so I want to let anyone know about the current bugs in The Sims 3.
    • Purple text are my comments.
    • Red text indicates a fix for the bug.
    • Bold text means the glitch is confirmed.

If using mods, you'll need to find a way to get your Mods to work in The Sims 3 because the mods in TS3 aren't enabled by default.

To display the bugs, click the show link after Spoiler:.

Hardware/software issues
    • Unrecognized Video Card when I start The Sims 3. As The Sims 3 hasn't been updated, newer video cards such as the Radeon R 200 series, the NVIDIA GeForce 700/900/10, and Intel Haswell processors (Intel HD Graphics 4400 and later) series are not in the GraphicCards.sgr file so newer computers or computers upgraded to newer cards will likely cause the warning to appear. In most cases, the game should run fine.
    • The Sims 3 has no V-Sync. Mention goes to [Bily_jednorozec] Due to the lack of V-Sync on The Sims 3, it's possible for the game to get a lot of FPS which can possibly damage the card. A workaround is to go to the NVIDIA Control Panel, add TS3W.exe (usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin) to the 3D Program settings, and setting Vertical sync to on, you must run in fullscreen to take effect. A workaround is here but this only works for NVIDIA graphics. NVIDIA inspector won't work with Intel HD Graphics, Intel Iris or AMD Radeon/FirePro graphics. However, there may be a possible workaround for AMD users.
    • The Sims 3 is unplayable on Macs that have Intel Iris/Iris Pro, Intel HD Graphics 6000, and AMD Radeon R9 M370X graphics. If your game doesn't start, please read this thread.
    • Updating the graphics driver causes Options to reset.
    • Launching The Sims 3 (1.69) using TS3.exe as a non-Steam game doesn't work due to Origin sign-in. A possible workaround is to add Origin as a non-Steam game then launch The Sims 3.

Base game
    • Phone calls with Opportunities don't work with Into the Future installed, no dialog appears like in this video. This mod from Mod the Sims (Opportunity phone call fix (and more)) fixes this for Into the Future. You do not need the mod if you're on Movie Stuff or an earlier Sims 3 game. The issue is that there are ITF Opportunities with a high chance (about 500) whereas other Opportunities has 5 or 10, in addition, the two Advanced Skill Opportunities have the <TargetWorldRequired>FutureWorld</TargetWorldRequired> tag usually used for World Adventures but doesn't work the same in Oasis Landing. When the game prepares an Opportunity, it checks for the appropriate requirements (such as Skills and Career) and selects the Opportunity based on the chance. Since the ITF Opportunity chances are very high, they're always picked but it also bypasses the aforementioned tag so it'll pick the Advanced Technology skill opportunities. When the phone is answered, it checks the requirements but also checks the tag. Since the Sim is not in Oasis Landing, the game rejects the Opportunity. In some cases, other Skill Opportunities from the phone may appear although you won't get them as much.
    • Sometimes when entering Build Mode, the player will be stuck with the UI glitching and no way to go back to Live Mode. The game must be exited. According to infoseeken, it's possible to click on the pause symbol on the top right to get out of the glitched UI but that doesn't work everytime. Try that first.
    • Since Seasons, the Singed Moodlet will not be removed by the Moodlet Manager if it's caused by a fire but will remove Singed if caused by electrocution.
    • The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff icon is shown as Outdoor Living in Buy/Build Mode although it appears correctly in Create a Sim/Household.
    • Choosing to Not Place Showtime lots, you have no choice of Ambitions or Showtime lots. MiyuEmi‌
    • The Italian translation for "demolish all roofs" button says "hide all roofs". Bily_jednorozec
    • Items may become stuck in Family Inventory. Bily_jednorozec
    • Radio reverts to high volume. Shelle58704
    • The Schuper Sprinkler only waters plants placed on terrain, plants on the Planter Bowl or Soil Rug will not be watered. For example, plants will still display Wilting! and/or the Sim waters the plant when using Tend Garden although it's covered under a sprinkler. However, rain from Seasons will still water plants even on planters or soil rugs.
    • The Omni Plant isn't updated to be fed with post World Adventures fish (Late Night, Showtime, and Supernatural) and will cause the plant to be stuck unless resettled with Debug Enabler. [Bily_jednorozec]
    • In addition, feeding the plant with Perfect Honey or Wax will revert them to Normal quality. [Bily_jednorozec]
    • Sims may reset when they use the mailbox, and after that they have bills and omniplants in their inventory which is not removable. berginon This can be fixed with Overwatch.
    • Ambrosia can be duplicated with the food duplicator if cooking has started and then canceled when its model changes to a bowl. berginon
    • Collection folder for The Sims 3 Movie Stuff isn't included. berginon
    • Sims turn invisible but their thought bubbles and plumbob can be seen, see Invisible Sims at crinrict's site. There's a Invisible Sim Fixer Mod that should correct this.
    • Sims can't get to area or can't place objects. The area is full of ovals/circles, see Certain areas seem to be locked to Sims. It seems to be caused by SocialJigs that are not deleted. Invisible SocialJigs can only be removed by mod.
    • Selling a large stack (50+) of harvestables/fish using the Sell all harvestables in inventory and/or Sell all fish in inventory interactions in the grocery store can take most of a Sim day and cause lag. [infoseeken] Manually sell the items by Shopping for groceries and clicking the Sell tab
    • Attempting to sell a large amount of objects using Sell All in the Family Inventory will cause lag. [infoseeken]Manually sell each object one at a time by drag and drop
    • The Carpool notification appears when the Sim isn't supposed to work at that day. [TheStarlightSimm]
    • Mislabeled Achievements (unsure which ones.) Lexers615
    • Achievements not completed though all conditions are met. Lexers615
    • If a major event clears the queue when an age transition is taking place (like a lightning hitting at this precise moment, or another Sim setting the kitchen on fire), the Sim will remain stuck in a no aging bug forever unless a mod clears that. Lexers615

World Adventures
    • Adventure Boards may stop working. Attempting to check for adventures does nothing. Shelle58704
    • HoloPhone and phone settings reset after traveling. berginon

Ambitions
    • The Small Fires will not work. Attempting to do a Small Fire job will just cancel and disappear. [WinMacSims3, TheStarlightSimm] According to kusurusu, it happens when a house is built on a foundation.
    • Some believe that as of Supernatural, the Ghost Hunter Career doesn't work properly.
    • The Tattoo Chair and Stylist Station will re-age Sims back to the beginning of their current life stage bar. MiyuEmi savagemama

Late Night
    • Post Late Night skills, traits and careers are not updated with the Celebrity system.
    • The Celebrity gifts don't apply to other EPs or Store content.
    • The game still plays sounds for opening and closing when a Sim passes through it if the electronic gate was left open. berginon
    • Bands do not work, calls just never come unless you use Nona Mena's GigSchedulerDeluxe mod from Simlogical. ddutoit
    • Will O Wisp spawners are broken from Showtime's firefly spawners. daniel92234
    • Parties that are thrown by other households can't be attended. TheStarlightSimm It probably has something to do with the Sim not being home when the Sim thrown the party.
    • Sims will still get the message that the Sim was missed although the player declined the party invite.

Generations
    • If the EP is installed, the no aging bug may spread to the whole neighborhood, or, in some cases, to the whole game, causing the "Generations no aging bug", requiring you to uninstall/reinstall Generations. Lexers615
    • It's believed that if a Teen ages while Grounded, they will be stuck in the Sneak walk. According to crazyandme, teleporting outside while Grounded will cause Sims to be stuck in sneak walk.
    • Sims may never graduate high school. savagemama Occurs if aged automatically instead of aging early but needs testing.
    • Sims who get married with the wedding arch will have quests stuck clapping and throwing rice. savagemama Do a resetsim on the affected Sims
    • Free Vacation can cause Adults to be stuck on Vacation preventing Moving, Traveling, and going to Sims University. Shelle58704
    • The chemistry station adds career outfits everytime it's used. berginon
    • Toddlers/children/teens with imaginary friends (puppets or live puppets, but not once joined to the family) will commonly get no aging bug unless the puppet is given/stored in the build/buy inventory prior to the age transition. [Lexers615]
    • A Household of 8 Sims with a toddler with imaginary friend will get stuck in a no aging bug. [Lexers615]
    • Free Vacation may alter Sims such as Inventory lost, Relationships outside the household lost, outfits lost, all promised Wishes lost, and Lifetime Wishes randomly marked as completed or not. [Lexers615]

Pets
    • Pets do not have fluff [royalbishie] See this thread for the issue on OS X. Also see this thread for more information about the bug although it's outdated.
    • Horses, Deer, and Raccoons can mess up the game. They can often get stuck in places, causing lag. [MiyuEmi]
    • Editing a puppy via CAS can glitch the Pet. [This-simmer-has-curly-hair[

Showtime
    • Some NPCs such as the Singer appear on the ground but you can still see the jar and speaker. WinMacSims3, MiyuEmi It's an issue that existed since Supernatural, see also Invisible Sims. The Invisible Sim Fixer Mod should correct this.
    • The proprietor sometimes doesn't finish the SimFest, he/she just stands there. berginon

Supernatural
    • Witches will often use the Love Charm causing unwanted Romances. Get the mod here from Mod The Sims.
    • Witch gets a wish to cast spells on Plumbots. berginon
    • Bonehilda stays in front of baby cribs and does nothing. Just stands there. berginon
    • Bonehilda sometimes gets older. berginon
    • Asking a Sim to a spellcasting duel while under the effects of the Love Charm causes both Sims get stuck. berginon It's because the game prevents canceling both kissing and duel actions at the same time.
    • Sometimes all things you put in the potion case disappear. berginon
    • Sometimes you can't place a magic broom in your Sims' Inventory to the magic broom stand. berginon
    • Smustle Dance option doesn't appear if you click on a Fairy House when there is a Fairy Party. berginon
    • The Z's are while instead of orange when Fairies are napping in a Fairy House. berginon
    • Restoration ritual doesn't clean potty chairs. berginon
    • If a Vampire, Hunt action doesn't appear if clicking on a rug. Also occurs with Late Night Vampires. berginon
    • The game may sometimes lag when clicking a potion in the Sims' inventory. berginon

Seasons
    • If a Child is on a Snow Day for more than 2 days in a row, the bus may stop coming for them for school. MiyuEmi Was every weekday a snow day?
    • Plants may become Dormant on 1st freeze and not come back as Harvest. savagemama
    • Every weekday may be a snow day in Winter but the bus will come in Winter, savagemama
    • Sometimes when the weather is cold enough, the plants planted to a planter bowl will be dormant regardless of planting indoors or outdoors. berginon Does it also occur if the plant is on a soil rug?
    • Weather changes can affect indoor ponds. berginon
    • Sims who have Immune to Heat and Immune to Cold Lifetime Rewards will still cause Wishes to cool down and warm up respectively. berginon

University Life
    • Attempting to enroll in University with a Plumbot with a Sentient Chip will glitch the game and have you stuck on the "choose a household" selection on the university map. Dimon6579 A Plumbot with an Office Drone chip doesn't cause this problem. A Plumbot that isn't chosen to go to University doesn't cause hangup.
    • Sims will get Party invites everyday if Sims from a Residential Lot, Dorm, Frat or Sorority are befriended. WinMacSims3, MiyuEmi This is a known issue since 2013 and is caused if you gain relationship with the Sims at University. This bug is not caused by service NPCs, townies, or Paparazzis. See this section on The Sims wiki (specially the non-homeless Sims) for the Sims who cause this.
    • Sims are unable to attend a party due to the host not being home. This is a known bug since the release of the game where most parties aren't able to be attended. Also refer to the bug listed under Late Night.
    • Graduation can sometimes be bugged resulting in a Sim being unable to Graduate and thus being unable to get a Degree and trait. I believe this occurs if you graduate too late, getting to the Annex early before you graduate can prevent the bug. I would advise saving on Saturday in Sims University before you Graduate.
    • Berate Ignorance will be used by Sims regardless of traits. A mod from Mod The Sims can fix this.
    • Juice Keg's upgrade isn't registered in Skill Journal.
    • Brain Enchanting Machine bypasses Charisma's Sim and Friend requirements. This can also cause some side effects such as new Sims in Relationships and Sims suddenly becoming friends.
    • Brain Enhancing Machine can lose upgrades if in Inventory should the Sim travel to different towns.
    • Protests can mess up Sims such as failure to work, take care of themselves, and cause some Sims to lose Jobs. TadOlson The NRaas Retuner might fix it but only in Sims University.
    • Routing problems while using backpack. berginon
    • HoloPhone and phone settings reset after traveling. berginon
    • Roommates service can sometimes be automatically turned on. Lexers615
    • Towns with an Apartment may automatically enable the Roommate service after accepting the "Free Vacation" Opportunity. Lexers615

Island Paradise
    • The Weather Gnome can't be used if it happens to be on a hotel lot. Usually when you start the game, the Gnome will be usually be on a random community lot. In Isla Paradiso, the game will place it on the Hotel lot prohibiting the object from being used without checking in. You can fix this by editing the Resort and deleting the Weather Stone. It should respawn outside a Resort.
    • If Late Night is installed and you practice making drinks in the pool bar, all the animations are for poor quality drinks. berginon
    • Mermaids sometimes don't have scales on their legs when they're on land. berginon
    • Mermaids sometimes don't have their tails when they're in the sea. berginon
    • A toddler mermaid will most likely get a no aging bug. Lexers615
    • A child mermaid can cause lag when growing into a teen if aging doesn't get stuck. Lexers615
    • Mermaids are programmed to always swim whenever possible when moving from point A to point B. This causes problems for work because they swim faster than other Sims but slower than water taxis. Lexers615
    • Exploring underwater caves may reset and relocate the Sim. WinMacSims3 Lexers615
    • You never get told that mermaids are immune to sharks. Lexers615

Into the Future
    • Plumbots with a Sentient Chip who head to Sims University will glitch the game and have you stuck on the "choose a household" selection on the university map. Dimon6579 A Plumbot with an Office Drone chip doesn't cause this problem. A Plumbot that isn't chosen to go to University doesn't cause hangup.
    • Meterors appear in the home town as well as normal and good futures. I think it's caused by a bad future but I haven't encountered it before. I believe it's not fixed in version 1.66.
    • Similar to the Planter Bowl issue, plants on the Soil Rug will not be watered by the sprinkler although rain will still affect plants.
    • Fields Without Fences Wall Window and Clean and Clear Wall Window have a glitch where the window is red and flashing when placed on the wall next to a pool.
    • Dream Beds reset Sims with no traits. It occurs if the Sim uses a dream that is supposed to swap a trait but the Sim has no traits so the Sim won't get the animation of getting out of bed. Dreams that don't affect traits aren't affected.

The Sims 3 Store
    • The Stasis Chamber drains Witch magic when used. This is an oversight by the way Witch magic and need filling works. If a Fairy uses it, it will properly fill Magic. A mod that fixes this is available.
    • Quantum power suit's red box doesn't include any translation for non-English The Sims 3 thus the box appears blank. Bily_jednorozec

Worlds/Towns
    Issues that affect Towns.
    • All Towns: Sims may be unable to attend the party due to the host not being present. WinMacSims3, MiyuEmi It is usually seen in Sims University but it's reported to also occur with the home town.
    • All Towns: Many Pre-Generations towns has issue since the game was released. Examples are the lag in China, the clearly routable paths are unroutable in France and Egypt, and unroutable areas in the middle of houses in Twinbrook. MiyuEmi‌
    • Twinbrook: Several lots such as the Theatre are named "Community Lot".
    • Moonlight Falls: Sims will go to empty lots when a date is accepted. Change some of the empty lots to No Visitors Allowed to fix this.
    • Roaring Heights: Impossible to get Deathfish in Roaring Heights. Using testingcheatsenabled and buydebug, the spawner is in the graveyard but it's placed on a fountain doesn't work since it needs a pond or ocean on the lot to work. Making your own pond and placing the deathfish spawner is a workaround and will be needed to make Ambrosia.

Towns with lag issues
    • Shang Simla (China) A fix to the WA worlds from Mod the Sims are on this page.
    • Bridgeport [Infoseeken]
    • Isla Paradiso Download the fixed file here.
    • Lunar Lakes [savagemama]

Basegame: Sims don't seem to have co-workers, though there *are* NPCs in the same careers.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything