Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to share lots on sims 3

Does anyone know how to solve a problem with not being able to share lots to the sims 3 launcher, I’m trying to share my house to the sims 3 launcher but it keeps on giving a error saying unable to share lot, this is also happening with multiple lots in my town and have already tried multiple times and it’s sgill giving a error. Is there a fix for this?

[img][/img]2rc093a.jpg

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    You can try clearing your browser caches, especially the one for Internet Explorer. Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes. Be sure to uncheck the box to preserver data for favorites.

clear IE cache: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If you used custom content in your build, it's possible that one of those items is blocking the process. This is usually more of a problem when uploading to the exchange, not just sharing to the launcher, but you could try sharing a vanilla build instead to see what happens.
  • Christopher69BChristopher69B Posts: 159 Member
    You can try clearing your browser caches, especially the one for Internet Explorer. Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes. Be sure to uncheck the box to preserver data for favorites.

clear IE cache: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If you used custom content in your build, it's possible that one of those items is blocking the process. This is usually more of a problem when uploading to the exchange, not just sharing to the launcher, but you could try sharing a vanilla build instead to see what happens.

I’ve tried doing it with multiple lots that don’t use custom content and it’s still doing the same thing and giving the same error.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    If clearing IE's cache doesn't help, try using a clean game folder. Pull your existing one out of Documents and onto your desktop, and a new folder will spawn the next time you launch the game. If the clean folder lets you share a build, you can just move your saves and other content into it from your old folder.