Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Python Upgrade Coming Soon

2...Next

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I have a lot of mods in my game now. I hope we get another warning right before the upgrade so we can choose not to install the update straight away and wait for our favourite mods to be updated.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I have a lot of mods in my game now. I hope we get another warning right before the upgrade so we can choose not to install the update straight away and wait for our favourite mods to be updated.

Same process as usual to not update for a patch, turn off Automatic Updates in Origin, and take Origin Offline in the launcher toward the end of October.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I have no mods, but I have CC. Will it affect CC as well ? I don’t think so but I just want to be sure.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Very insightful.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I have no mods, but I have CC. Will it affect CC as well ? I don’t think so but I just want to be sure.

If the CC is tied to unique game interactions not already found in the game, then I believe yes.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2018
    Dianesims wrote: »

If the CC is tied to unique game interactions not already found in the game, then I believe yes.

Wait wait, are you telling me my Sims are going to be walking around bald-headed and nekkid / pink bikinis?
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    @Scumbumbo : Thanks for running those tests on uncompyle6. I don't need to see the detailed logs at this point since it seems like pycdc (or other) is going to be the better route.

Big thanks to you, @Fogity et al. for your efforts so far.
    Hi all,

CC will not be affected. Only mods that contain files with the .ts4script extension are affected. CC typically only contain .package files.

I am going to close this thread as it has served its purpose. We have a month to get this sorted out, so recommend that everyone hold tight and let the technical folks work through it. If you are interested in the nitty gritty then check out the the Deaderpool discord, where some promising discussions are happening.

I will post updates to this thread as things develop, along with updates about timing of the patch. So keep an eye out here for further announcements.

Thanks,
    SGMS

Hi all,

Heads up that this Python upgrade will be included as part of the Base Game patch for Get Famous. That pack is released on November 16, as many of you know the Base Game patches usually arrive a few days prior to the pack release. So expect the patch to arrive around that time.

-SGMS
    Hi all,

Update. There are two Python 3.7 decompilation efforts underway:

@_A_ has published unpyc37 which is based on unpyc3 and is available here along with updated instructions, here.

@Fogity is working on a new decomoplier, which is available here.

Both efforts have made great progress and at this point it looks like decompilation will be as good or maybe even better than with Python 3.3.5. And they continue to be worked on, so will only improve. Great news.

Huge thanks to everyone involved in these projects!

-SGMS
    Follow up: The update containing the Python update has been out for a week now and script modders were able to update their mods quickly, resulting in minimal disruption.

This is all due to the hard work from people in the community that ensured the tools were ready when the update was released. Thanks all!

-SGMS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top