Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Omg. I haven't played sims on PC in sooo long it would take me forever to get used to using a mouse and keyboard again. But it would be a lot easier once you get used to it. Plus all the shortcuts would be nice to have!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Melmack wrote: »
    Omg. I haven't played sims on PC in sooo long it would take me forever to get used to using a mouse and keyboard again. But it would be a lot easier once you get used to it. Plus all the shortcuts would be nice to have!

Yes.

Control shift c for typing in cheats will be faster.
    And copy and paste! Oh my word do I miss that sometimes!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I commented on here a long time ago that mouse and keyboard control was coming to the Xbox, so long ago that nobody commented and I can't find my note it's so old! I don't think it will be all what we hope it will be though.

The new Xbox's, potentially have much more power than a PC or Mac and will be much cheaper than a gaming laptop to play the game. I think the problem is that mouse and keyboard give a greater advantage in shoot-em-up online gaming competitions.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/mouse-and-keyboard-support-is-coming-to-xbox-one/
    Simburian wrote: »
    I commented on here a long time ago that mouse and keyboard control was coming to the Xbox, so long ago that nobody commented and I can't find my note it's so old! I don't think it will be all what we hope it will be though.

The new Xbox's, potentially have much more power than a PC or Mac and will be much cheaper than a gaming laptop to play the game. I think the problem is that mouse and keyboard give a greater advantage in shoot-em-up online gaming competitions.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/mouse-and-keyboard-support-is-coming-to-xbox-one/

It's coming to PlayStation as well.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2018
    Read about this. It’s coming to Xbox in general natively but each game company has to enable it for their particular games, and EA will be enabling it for Sims 4 eventually.

My thing is, they’re also trying to get mod support on consoles too. So with mod support and the ability to use a keyboard/mouse, explain to me why anyone would choose to buy Sims games for the console when they can do both of these things on PC currently.

I’m not talking about people who don’t have a computer, but I’m referring to people who already own the game on computer and wanted to play Sims on their console. What is the point for them? The game is still very difficult to play with a controller, and if they have to hook up a keyboard/mouse to it, why not just sit down in front of their computer to play?
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Read about this. It’s coming to Xbox in general natively but each game company has to enable it for their particular games, and EA will be enabling it for Sims 4 eventually.

My thing is, they’re also trying to get mod support on consoles too. So with mod support and the ability to use a keyboard/mouse, explain to me why anyone would choose to buy Sims games for the console when they can do both of these things on PC currently.

I’m not talking about people who don’t have a computer, but I’m referring to people who already own the game on computer and wanted to play Sims on their console. What is the point for them? The game is still very difficult to play with a controller, and if they have to hook up a keyboard/mouse to it, why not just sit down in front of their computer to play?

Did you see above that SimGuruLegacy also mentioned it's coming to the PS4? I myself and some others play both. Sometimes I just want to play TS4 while I'm sitting on my bed with my wireless PS4 controller and it looks good on an HD TV however they do need to do some updating to the texture cause pc still has console beat there. I've seen quiet a few people on twitter that play both versions. One of them is Simmer Johnny who does Let's Plays on both console and pc versions of The Sims 4.
  • FelizFeliz Posts: 65 Member

Im not sure what point you are trying to make. I don't think their goal in adding this function is to lure in PC players. I's say it was due to them seeing it was a requested function and them working to see if they can accommodate it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Feliz wrote: »

Im not sure what point you are trying to make. I don't think their goal in adding this function is to lure in PC players. I's say it was due to them seeing it was a requested function and them working to see if they can accommodate it.

My point is if the controls are too difficult to play on console then why did they bother porting the game over? They basically lied to the fans. All of those “It’s not that bad, controls are easy” videos they paid people to make are lies. If you read reviews of the game, the majority of the negative comments are people saying they’d love to play but the controls are awful and that it takes way too long to do things in comparison to on PC. This means whoever they worked with to port the game did a terrible job if they’re working so hard to now add mouse and keyboard support.

It’s ironic and comedic at this point.

My point is if the controls are too difficult to play on console then why did they bother porting the game over? They basically lied to the fans. All of those “It’s not that bad, controls are easy” videos they paid people to make are lies. If you read reviews of the game, the majority of the negative comments are people saying they’d love to play but the controls are awful and that it takes way too long to do things in comparison to on PC. This means whoever they worked with to port the game did a terrible job if they’re working so hard to now add mouse and keyboard support.

I don't have any problems with the controls on the console.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member

I don't have any problems with the controls on the console.

I've gotten used to them.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The console controls were the reason my teen returned that game after only a week. She thought it would be great on console, but found it more frustrating. Now all we do is connect the computer tower to our big screen and use our wireless mouse and keyboard.
  • ab92xoab92xo Posts: 38 Member
    I did struggle with them at first but now I have no issue with the controls. And yeah, it's cool that we'll be able to use mouse & keyboard if we want to and I'll probably give it a go, but ultimately I'll prob stick to using a controller because I don't think using a mouse & keyboard whilst trying to sit comfortably on the couch will work for me lol.
    It's all about choice and people's own preferences, it's not like they're taking away the ability to use a controller because the controls are "awful". If people are struggling with the controls then it's good they will have the option to use mouse & keyboard, if you prefer a controller then use a controller... There's really no need to argue or complain about being given more options lol.
    I think the only time I really miss the keyboard is when entering cheats or anything that requires typing. I don't think I would even use the mouse, I'm so used to the controller.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    I will probably try this as I had a LOT of problems using the controller on my PS4 to do anything in the game (I even accidentally deleted my Sim Self in CAS trying to learn the controls LOL). I only have the base game so I will get a lot of practice with that before I decide on buying any of the other packs for my PS4.
  • FelizFeliz Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2018

I'm not paid and far from an EA apologists but I'm stating here I don't find the controls difficult. I will admit if you have switched from playing the Sims 4 on PC/MAC to console the controls will take time to get used to. I really try to see the other side of an argument but I really don't understand how anyone has serious issues with the controls after a few hours. And by issues I mean deeming the game unplayable.

At the end of the day they are working on adding support for mouse and keyboard. Isn't that a good thing for the people who have trouble with the controller?
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    If you have always played sims on console then it shouldn't be hard at all it took me 5 minutes to get use to everything but throughout the controls are the same on the controller if you don't like console then why get it if you like pc better play it I think it's just people's different opinions on how well they liked it but it's a good thing they are bringing the controls don't see why everyone is excited for a keyboard you can but key boards that for onto your ps4 or xbox controller I have one for my xbox and it's fine
  • JohnPhillipJohnPhillip Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm really looking forward to this!
    edited October 2018
    It took me only a day to get use to the ps4 controls. I'm still glad keyboard and mouse controls are coming and I will use them.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I prefer the console controls, to be honest. They're not that hard to get used to.
  • Mr_writer85Mr_writer85 Posts: 6 New Member
    Any updates on this? I have my Bluetooth K&M connected to my PS4 in anticipation.
    Any updates on this? I have my Bluetooth K&M connected to my PS4 in anticipation.

Not yet except their working hard on it.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I wonder if keybindings will be the same as pc or if it will be different.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Maybe if they bring a ep out they could have it ready by then summer maybe? I'm guessing