Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying a laptop for Sims 4

I need some help... Sorry if its in the wrong section but Im confused where to post for help now that the forums have changed.
So I need a laptop. My partner is constantly moaning because I carry my gaming PC upstairs/downstairs when I want to play The Sims 4 when I shouldn't be carrying heavy objects. He told me to get a laptop. I've seen a MSI laptop in my price range and need some info if its good enough.
Here's the specs.
Product Description
MSI GE72 7RE 832UK Apache Pro - 17.3" - Core i7 7700HQ - 16 GB RAM - 1 TB HDD
Product Type -Notebook
Operating System-Windows 10 Home
Processor-Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ
Memory-16 GB DDR4 (2 x 8 GB)
Storage-1 TB HDD
Optical Drive-No optical drive
Display-17.3" LED backlight 1920 x 1080 / Full HD
Graphics-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 2 GB GDDR5
Keyboard Backlight-Yes
Integrated Webcam-Yes
Networking-802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, Gigabit Ethernet
Battery-6-cell

Would Sims 4 be OK? Also what settings would the game be able to run on? I really don't know much about computers. I got a gaming PC from a site someone on here recommended ages ago and it was perfect. (Sorry I cant remember the name who recommended my pc)
Again Im sorry if I wasn't supposed to post this here. Its just the new site for info/bugs/technical discussions is very confusing compared to how this forum used to be. Any info would really be appreciated. Thank you in advance and have a nice day :)

Comments

• EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi @waggymiley2013, I've had to move this from General Discussion into the Help Center as it wouldn't belong in General discussions ^^; We've archived the Help Center a few weeks ago though. This announcement from @EA_Mage will expand on the why's. Please recreate this thread over on Answers HQ in the Sims section under Bugs and Game Issues.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top