Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 day/night problem

I mistakenly left my computer on (dell desktop running windows 8.1 ( X64) for 24 hours.
the next time I played The Sims 3 the game was 'stuck' in night time mode-even at midday it is dark and all the lights are turned on.=- (yes, the Sims 'clock' is working )
I have done all I can now, even removed the game completely and installed just the base game with no add-ons but still have the same problem.
before I left it on, I had no problems playing the game.
help and advice, please?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2018
    This seems unexpected. Most modern computers can run for days or even weeks at a time without needing a reboot. But I take it you have since shut down and let the computer cool off for a while before trying to load the game?

Does everything else about this computer seem to be functioning properly? Can you confirm that, if this is a laptop, you are plugged in and not trying to play while on battery?

Instead of reinstalling, which actually rarely accomplishes anything since the game program files never change from mere usage unless patches or new EPs are being added, have you tried pulling out your TS3 user game folder from Documents and starting up a new game on the replacement no-content game folder that will spawn to replace it? An uninstall usually leaves the user game folder behind and if you are still running on the original one, the issue could be with that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net