Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Negative Effects For Not Spending VALUABLE Currency

I need to make a complaint. Not sure how others feel about this addition. Every day there is something that gives a period of effects. Whether it be sad or vomiting for 8hrs. I think thats a really horrible approach to make people spend simcash or other valuables such as cupcakes. Its something as pay or pay consequences. Feels kind of a strong arm approach to give people negative effects for not spending premium currency.

Comments

• GatsbyGatsby Posts: 3 New Member
    I could not agree more. The game works because we stay to enjoy the art and estethic of this world. If we have to watch our characters throw up or cry because we didn’t like the challenge, that’s an awful way to enforce it. I have not heard anyone who th positive things to say about these challenges. I doubt it would be missed if it was discovered tinhed.
  • SapphoMuseSapphoMuse Posts: 11 New Member
    I agree. It's very unpleasant and discouraging to be forced to take bad consequences for not spending money.
    I just had an option that forced my sim to vomit uncontrollably for the rest of the day. It was nauseating and put me right off playing the game.
  • Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    It’s a terrible addition to the game, designed only to make players use up resources faster. There is no upside. The LlamaZoom is also a terrible addition, as the rewards are grossly inadequate to the amount of time and energy required.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member

I agree!
    It would be more interesting for Sims to undergo this type of reaction according to actions at work or stories and not as a reaction to not spending simcashs.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I totally agree with you. I'm new to the Sims Mobile and every time that surprising option/event comes up, they always want you to spend Sims Cash which is already hard enough to get as it is, cupcakes or be forced to choose a negative option (free). I was wondering why my Sim was throwing up constantly.....I had forgotten I had chosen that option because I refused to spend Sim Cash or any other currency.

But yeah, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to have a negative option be forced upon us. Almost makes the game unenjoyable.
    My Sim was forced to commit a crime earlier unless I wasted cash or cupcakes, and now another is throwing up again. I refuse to give in to this blackmail-type "encouragement" to spend premium currency.

I also haven't finished any LlamaZoom missions beyond those required for the space job. They're a lot more work than the daily quests ever were, and the paltry rewards are just not worth all that effort.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    I don’t play Sims FreePlay but this sounds awful. I hope it’s not real money that you have to spend in order to stop these kinds of things from happening. Either way, it sounds disgusting. I’m sure there are younger players who might be very upset by this.

ETA: I googled it and it seems that although you can earn SimCash in game, it is easier to purchase it with real money. So, the fact that you have to pay SimCash to avoid these horrible things is obviously an attempt to force players to run down their SimCash and have to buy more. What a blatant money grab. It’s shameful.
    Once again I was forced to have my sim commit a morally reprehensible action, with the only way to avoid it being to pay up.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I had been considering trying out this game, but this has completely turned me off of it. And that's a shame, because I'll spend money on in game currency if the game is good and doesn't try to force me to do so in order to avoid things or to beat levels or whatever.
  • PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hi Simmers,
    I Agree and you all make valid points but unfortunately this is happening to all free games from all companies they are doing the same thing I've got a 25 dollar google gift card which I don't know what to buy no in app purchases for sure (I see this as gambling for youth) I would rather see the app payment in full 20.00 like we did with software with our computers then have this system.

Right now this is new for EA/Mavis so they are trying to figure out which system works best its not easy for us consumers or the companies have you guys heard of Share ware back before apps we installed software and Shareware was simliar in a way strange not much has changed other then our devices are mobile now.

I would also if purchased the full game would like a Mod folder where I could develop , mod or download content already made and a Menu of adoptable babies, toddlers for free like in Sims 4 the team is listening but they can only adapt so many ideas when Google , Microsoft and Apple have rules and regulations about apps if EA/Mavis break the contract then they could be legal issues.

Hang on for a while be patient and I'm sure EA/Mavis have some ideas to improve The Sims mobile.
  • SimscashlostSimscashlost Posts: 12 New Member
    Don’t give them your real money. They don’t stand by their customers
    Just had one of my sims forced to embezzle money from their boss unless I paid up.... Between this and the 100% elderly townies making it impossible to create a new generation for my family there's not a lot to keep me going forward in this game right now.