Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STOP PUSHING RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• FlanFlan Posts: 10 New Member
    It's confusing. I feel that the retirement prompt comes much to fast compared to how long it takes to level up any one given relationship/hobby/career. It makes it confusing as to the goal of the game. If following prompts you might retire and then raise a kid and maybe never complete a story?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Flan
    You need to complete certain goals in the game so when you retire a sim they leave you an heirloom. The heirloom unlocks new traits in the game. The goal is to eventually retire your sim and work on new generations. You need to complete career level 10, hobby level 10, relationship level 10. You will only start to get the retire button if you give your sims all of their traits. If you don't want to receive the retirement button early make sure you don't fill up all your sims traits. You have the option to say not now when the game asks you to add a new trait. Just don't give them their final trait and you won't get the retire button
  • nuke21nuke21 Posts: 2 New Member
    One of the reasons I am leaving the game. Accidently clicked that and my guy did that. Now he is an elder in my house and it is glitches because I can't even have him leave. Option isn't even visible.
  • ytthytth Posts: 1 New Member
    I would not mind it popping up once but, yes, the constant popups get really annoying
  • MomstarMomstar Posts: 3 New Member
    Comments about this have been made since March. It is a gameplay problem. Why should I have to penalize myself (by not using all 4 traits) in order to prevent accidental retirement? If the end goal is to limit Sim earning power in order to promote cash sales, then the game producers should read the comments and see if people are actually leaving once they have accidentally retired a Sim. Players who have invested in developing their Sims likely continue to spend cash a little here and there, probably in the furniture suites. Why trick loyal players into retiring high earning characters? This is a pleasant simulation Game, the depressing reality of forced retirement doesn't fit. If you have a lot of boomers playing, this is just a bad idea.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited July 2018
    I always leave the last trait slot empty so when the next time anything pops up it is about that last trait, no more accidental retirement.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Momstar wrote: »
    Comments about this have been made since March. It is a gameplay problem. Why should I have to penalize myself (by not using all 4 traits) in order to prevent accidental retirement? If the end goal is to limit Sim earning power in order to promote cash sales, then the game producers should read the comments and see if people are actually leaving once they have accidentally retired a Sim. Players who have invested in developing their Sims likely continue to spend cash a little here and there, probably in the furniture suites. Why trick loyal players into retiring high earning characters? This is a pleasant simulation Game, the depressing reality of forced retirement doesn't fit. If you have a lot of boomers playing, this is just a bad idea.

@Momstar The game is set up for generational play. Get a job, have a hobby, get married, have children , retire, move on to the next generation. When you retire your sims you earn heirlooms that unlock new traits or higher level traits than you may already own. I agree the pop ups should not be there constantly to retire and people should retire their sims when they want to. You will loose out on game rewards when you don't retire your sims.
  • YourRoyalHighenessYourRoyalHigheness Posts: 8 New Member
    I unfortunately had this happen to me yesterday. I went to collect my earnings and out of pure habit I hit the button before I realized it was the retirement suggestion! I had hoped I would get an "are you sure" message but NOPE. I was in my FINAL stage of completing a story and now that story is lost! I'm so upset and I got some heirloom I already had. There needs to be a prompt asking if retirement is what we want to CONFIRM it.
  • ElainaFrostElainaFrost Posts: 9 New Member
    I’m getting this every day for all 3 of my sims. When I first got it, after I declined, it told me the option would be available in my character’s profile.

I thought “okay cool. When I’m ready I’ll retire her.”

if they left it at that I would’ve been happy with the game.

But I’ve been trying to get her and the others up, get enough land for a baby room and an outdoor wedding, get all of their relationship stories completed with each other and other Sims, and have their careers maxed out.

yet everyday without fail “your sim is ready to retire” pops up x3!!

It’s really getting on my nerves and sucking the fun out of the game cause I’m always having to watch out for it now.
  • TacoTaco Posts: 34 Member
    I retired one of my Sims today by accident. They definitely should consider not having the message constantly pop up at random.
  • SaiyariSaiyari Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Hardernater said:
    > @orkhid22
    > it only shows that when your Sim is able to retire, it's NOT pushing you to retire your Sim because it only appears one time ( in my playthrough of the game since the auto aging was replaced by this pick-a-trait as you progress mechanic, the game doesn't even push me to retire my Sim as the notification only appears once when one of my sim is ready to be retired ).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > But still you can retire them manually at the "Traits" section, trust me retiring your sim is worth it.

I would also have to beg to differ. It's pushing it on me constantly. I declined at 16 and it's come up at least 3-4 times since then, I'm level 22 now. I'm also nearly about to spam it when I'm busy doing a quest as if it's waiting for me to accidentally hit retire. I feel like it's an underhanded plot to get people to retire their high level characters effectively burning down your ability to farm gold with maxed career characters. As soon as you retire, you're left with basically a brand new character with level one jobs and busting your buns to afford the prices or get impatient and spend real cash on simcash to make up the difference. They will never catch me with this plot. I make sure to pay attention now that I know they will spam retirement popups in hopes of making me retire. Why do I feel that way? Because the option to retire is clearly on the heirloom tab if a player wanted to do it. If you've been playing long enough, you get a free gift on that tab every day so if you've made it to level 16 and get your gift every day, you KNOW the button to retire is there also. Yet they spam with a pop up anyway. It's just like their rare career unlock where they slap 2 complete daily to do list quests one quest apart from each other, so a good portion of players end up with a full day of a 3 day limited time quest line burned away. Not to mention the Surprise options that force you to choose between paying coins, paying your cash bought or earned sim cash, or being cursed. Rarely do you get the 4th "nothing happens" or random reward option. This Sims game is unlike any sims game I have ever played and I had the very first one.
  • LightningLaughsLightningLaughs Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree. Please stop pushing this. I lost a Sim that was my very first one thanks to this stupid method of pushing retirement .
  • LightningLaughsLightningLaughs Posts: 2 New Member
    Seriously guys. You’re killing me. I don’t think I can keep playing this game if I have to accidentally retire yet another Sim. Can you please get this fixed on the next patch? I don’t think that’s too much to ask. You have a lot of people that don’t like this and for every one person complaining you have thousands that are not and just simply stop playing the game. You know this to be true.
  • AlankarPoojaAlankarPooja Posts: 1 New Member
    It's become so emotional for me like but Sim is rejecting me. If I wanted sims to reflect my real life, well I wouldn't be playing the game in the first place. Let me just deactivate the friggin "You Sim wanta to retire" pop-up.
  • Jalepeno2Jalepeno2 Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="orkhid22;d-937510"]At level 16 retirement becomes an option. I'd learned from reading elsewhere on this site that retirement immediately aged your sim to elder, kicked them out of the home, inactivated said sim. I didn't want to retire my sim until she maxed her career and hobby. I was level 8 hobby and near the end of her career. And I'd declined retirement when I reached level 16.

So what happens today, I send my sim to work. I'm using her energy, and unbeknownst to me her energy reached 0. Typically the screen asking to use a cake slice comes up. I was all prepared to select no. Instead, it was a retirement! I never even read the text. Next thing my sim is retired. No "are you sure" nothing.

Very disappointing. Boom she's out of the home, her husband who's at work, is now being asked to retire.

It's bad enough toddlers, and children aren't playable, pushing the narrative to me this game is all about YA/A this just further made me upset and disappointed. My interest for the game has dropped significantly.

Once I declined to retire, the option to retire should never just pop up. It should be player initiated. This really puts me off further playing the game[/quote]

Same case with me. I am level 50 with 4 characters with a huge house that is maxed so I even have item limit imposed on me. I was constantly harassed to retire my 4 Sims a million times all the way to lvl 50. That's a lot of harassment and I was able to avoid accidentally pressing retirement all this time until today. My favorite Sim was accidentally retired and I am 🐸🐸🐸🐸 x100. I feel like quitting. I think I will quit soon. And the retirement chest was a cappy heirloom that I already had. Insult to injury.

I don't want another Sim so why do you constantly harass me to retire my Sim?

I am going to blow up my lvl 50 house and quit. Delete all my 50 friends also. Stupid stupid developer mistake. I don't need Sims.
    [quote="Momstar;c-16597958"]Comments about this have been made since March. It is a gameplay problem. Why should I have to penalize myself (by not using all 4 traits) in order to prevent accidental retirement? If the end goal is to limit Sim earning power in order to promote cash sales, then the game producers should read the comments and see if people are actually leaving once they have accidentally retired a Sim. Players who have invested in developing their Sims likely continue to spend cash a little here and there, probably in the furniture suites. Why trick loyal players into retiring high earning characters? This is a pleasant simulation Game, the depressing reality of forced retirement doesn't fit. If you have a lot of boomers playing, this is just a bad idea.[/quote]

Even if you have 4 traits, you are constantly harassed to retire. I am quitting soon. I hate being harassed.
    [quote="orkhid22;c-16412221"]needless to say for me this was a deal breaker. i haven't been interested in playing since my sim was forced to retire. i'm not even playing the easter egg hunt. i'll follow and if anything interesting comes up that may bring me back. i hope you all continue to enjoy[/quote]

Same. F it. The game sux now. Going go kill the lvl 50 house and quit. Not going to spend anymore real money and time on this. I can't remember any game that forced me to do something I didn't want to do and I played a lot of games.
    [quote="Jalepeno2;c-16756557"][quote="Momstar;c-16597958"]Comments about this have been made since March. It is a gameplay problem. Why should I have to penalize myself (by not using all 4 traits) in order to prevent accidental retirement? If the end goal is to limit Sim earning power in order to promote cash sales, then the game producers should read the comments and see if people are actually leaving once they have accidentally retired a Sim. Players who have invested in developing their Sims likely continue to spend cash a little here and there, probably in the furniture suites. Why trick loyal players into retiring high earning characters? This is a pleasant simulation Game, the depressing reality of forced retirement doesn't fit. If you have a lot of boomers playing, this is just a bad idea.[/quote]

Even if you have 4 traits, you are constantly harassed to retire. I am quitting soon. I hate being harassed.[/quote]

Sorry misread your post. If you have 4 traits, you are harassed with retirement. If you don't have 4, then u r not harassed.
    [quote="orkhid22;d-937510"]At level 16 retirement becomes an option. I'd learned from reading elsewhere on this site that retirement immediately aged your sim to elder, kicked them out of the home, inactivated said sim. I didn't want to retire my sim until she maxed her career and hobby. I was level 8 hobby and near the end of her career. And I'd declined retirement when I reached level 16.

So what happens today, I send my sim to work. I'm using her energy, and unbeknownst to me her energy reached 0. Typically the screen asking to use a cake slice comes up. I was all prepared to select no. Instead, it was a retirement! I never even read the text. Next thing my sim is retired. No "are you sure" nothing.

Very disappointing. Boom she's out of the home, her husband who's at work, is now being asked to retire.

It's bad enough toddlers, and children aren't playable, pushing the narrative to me this game is all about YA/A this just further made me upset and disappointed. My interest for the game has dropped significantly.

Once I declined to retire, the option to retire should never just pop up. It should be player initiated. This really puts me off further playing the game[/quote]

Done. Deleted the Sims Mobile. But before doing so, I deleted my entire lvl 50 house but left only one room bc I could not delete it. It has a family portrait and it can't be storaged. So, the room with the portrait can't be deleted. Too bad I can't give away my pile of cash, cupcakes, cake slices, etc. I want no memory of this game. It left a bad taste.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    None them read these forums & these forums only exist to ignore us. Everybody should start calling EA about whatever your issue is with in the game
  • HistoricKiwiHistoricKiwi Posts: 63 Member
    I do wish for an "Are you sure you want to retire your Sim? They will become non-playable if you do so!" or something along the lines of that.
    I haven't *yet* clicked on the retire option by accident but have been close to doing so...
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 290 Member
    This is the most outrageous thing in the game... I've been lucky enough to successfully avoid pressing on the retirement button but one of these days my luck will run out. If we had any sort of prompt for confirmation then this would be okay... But the fact that this comes up EVERY SINGLE DAY for every Sim is clearly bait for accidents.

Ideally, it should only ask once and then leave it as an option to manually navigate to the retirement button.
    TBImXnt.gif
  • MaeyhemMaeyhem Posts: 2 New Member
    This is completely incorrect. I started playing the Sims Mobile a week ago, and at level 22, have already been prompted to retire my Sims many times, and I am also afraid I will accidentally click it.

Unlike the experience of this User below, I have gotten multiple random prompt pop ups after the initial suggestion when the Sim has reached retirement eligibility.

I don't want to retire my sims until I have finished out the RP storyline I have planned for them myself, thank you very much. So nothing is "worth it" to me, short of finishing their stories before I move on.

It's extremely disappointing that people have been complaining about this since MARCH 2018, and it has still not been adequately addressed.
    So to do list:
    -Need to fix the multiple random prompts,
    +Possible solution: maybe a reminder screen that tells you to go to traits to choose retirement, but never allow retirement by misclick.

> @Hardernater said:
    > @orkhid22
    > it only shows that when your Sim is able to retire, it's NOT pushing you to retire your Sim because it only appears one time ( in my playthrough of the game since the auto aging was replaced by this pick-a-trait as you progress mechanic, the game doesn't even push me to retire my Sim as the notification only appears once when one of my sim is ready to be retired ).
    >
    >
    > But still you can retire them manually at the "Traits" section, trust me retiring your sim is worth it.
  • SheezaPayneDiazSheezaPayneDiaz Posts: 240 Member
    My first and original Sim (I started playing in April) is no longer able to work long shifts at her job. This just recently happened and I am wondering if I am being pushed to retire her. I have no intention of retiring her, as she carries almost all of my stories. Anyone else noticing this?
  • SheezaPayneDiazSheezaPayneDiaz Posts: 240 Member
    Now my second oldest Sim can’t do long shifts. 😡