Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They are saying mods will finally come to console soon

Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
On Twitter the guru said they would like to bring mods to console just need to get Sony and Microsoft to agree
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    edited September 2018
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
  • DarkrosesimDarkrosesim Posts: 22 Member
    OMG yes finally soon. I hope
  • FelizFeliz Posts: 65 Member
    I’d love to see it happen. I understand that Sony are extremely restrictive when it comes to mods. I’ll remain optimistic but won’t hold my breath when it comes to the PS4.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I don't see why Sony should be a problem since they allowed mods for Skyrim or am I missing something? Seems like a no brainer to me. If they allowed mods for one game why not another? Too much for my quaint country mind to handle I guess lol
    I don't see why Sony should be a problem since they allowed mods for Skyrim or am I missing something? Seems like a no brainer to me. If they allowed mods for one game why not another? Too much for my quaint country mind to handle I guess lol

I’m not saying they don’t allow mods. But they are very restrictive with what they allow. Just look at their history with Skyrim mods.

I’m sure we’ll get mods eventually. The part I’m not holding my breath for is for it to be in the same league as PC.
    Well for downloadable stuff like extra clothes etc it's off a website so on that part it would be the same maybe the others like what to carry out might be what they see as a problem or maybe how it would act look how it goes with pc there's a problem every 2 seconds with it so maybe that's why who knows honestly but it looks like maxis wants to do everything but consoles don't there is another 3-4 years of them working on sims 4 so who knows I think they are focusing on bringing the gallery to console first
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Just some speculation on my part, Microsoft will probably be open to the idea, Sony will absolutely not allow mods.
  • BugsBunnyfanBugsBunnyfan Posts: 3 New Member
    When you mean mods do you mean the ability to finally recolor things so that stuff can be matched the right way?
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    Maybe I'm weird, but I'm not a big fan of mods. :|
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
    I don't have a clue I just know they said about mods so whatever mods pc has
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can you imagine people telling folks to reboot their systems and delete this and that to get their game to function properly again? Sounds exhausting.

“What settings are you using?”

“How much hard drive space do you have on your Xbox?”

“The graphics look funny? Time for you to buy a new tv.”
    I'm not bothered about it I wouldn't use it if they brought it to console id just get bugs upon bugs it wouldn't be worth it
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't see this happening since Sony done said that they don't allow modding of any games on the PS4. I don't think that Sony will agree to this because they have kept the memory for the PS4 down to 500 mbs. Which is not a lot, considering how much memory space that some of today's video games take up. One of my nieces has a PS4 with not a lot of games on it. And she's already getting the no memory space left message. And also the fans of Conan Exiles that play Conan Exiles on the PS4 have been begging to be allowed to mod Conan Exiles on the PS4. There is currently just shy of 900 mods to date for Conan Exiles, and all are for PC only. I would love to see TS4, and CE on the PS4 get modded. To add salt to this wound, Sony has allowed Fallout4 for the PS4 to be modded. But they refuse modding for Sims4 and Conan Exiles for some odd reason. I don't see this happening any time soon, not until Sony lets up on their restriction of modding of video games for the PS4.
    I dunno I use an xbox so I don't know any of that I just saw the tweet and decided to let everyone know because between this and seasons people kept asking it and I was bored of it
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I don't see this happening since Sony done said that they don't allow modding of any games on the PS4. I don't think that Sony will agree to this because they have kept the memory for the PS4 down to 500 mbs. Which is not a lot, considering how much memory space that some of today's video games take up. One of my nieces has a PS4 with not a lot of games on it. And she's already getting the no memory space left message. And also the fans of Conan Exiles that play Conan Exiles on the PS4 have been begging to be allowed to mod Conan Exiles on the PS4. There is currently just shy of 900 mods to date for Conan Exiles, and all are for PC only. I would love to see TS4, and CE on the PS4 get modded. To add salt to this wound, Sony has allowed Fallout4 for the PS4 to be modded. But they refuse modding for Sims4 and Conan Exiles for some odd reason. I don't see this happening any time soon, not until Sony lets up on their restriction of modding of video games for the PS4.

What do you mean only 500GB? My PS4 is 6TB. Base system is 1TB and I have a 5TB external hard drive hooked up.

Do you have a linke to where Sony is quoted saying they won’t allow mods for specificity the Sims? They also have mods for Skyrim. But, yes the are restrictive as to what they allow. As I mentioned above, it’s possible we could see some mods for Sims on consoles but I’m highly skeptical we’ll see PC level of mods.

I reckon maxis will try and get it to pc level if they can if they could they'd make the packs more regular but don't and Microsoft aren't playing ball as with pc they don't have any limits so that's why pc has more right now
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    With the new python update on pc coming which will effect mods I think this will make the wait even longer for consoles to get mods.
    I'm not in any rush I am fine without mods and wouldn't be sad if we never got them haha
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    Microsoft will almost definitely say yes. Wonder if they can pull a Bethesda on Sony?
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
    I think Sony is the problem I think microsoft is fine with it
  • LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    I would LOVE this! I am missing mods and cc, especially since I dont have a PC, and would like MC Command Center
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SerxphicallySerxphically Posts: 19 Member
    > @sunman502 said:
    > I don't see this happening since Sony done said that they don't allow modding of any games on the PS4. I don't think that Sony will agree to this because they have kept the memory for the PS4 down to 500 mbs. Which is not a lot, considering how much memory space that some of today's video games take up. One of my nieces has a PS4 with not a lot of games on it. And she's already getting the no memory space left message. And also the fans of Conan Exiles that play Conan Exiles on the PS4 have been begging to be allowed to mod Conan Exiles on the PS4. There is currently just shy of 900 mods to date for Conan Exiles, and all are for PC only. I would love to see TS4, and CE on the PS4 get modded. To add salt to this wound, Sony has allowed Fallout4 for the PS4 to be modded. But they refuse modding for Sims4 and Conan Exiles for some odd reason. I don't see this happening any time soon, not until Sony lets up on their restriction of modding of video games for the PS4.

I have more than 1GB on my PS4..
    everything is neon
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited November 2018
    The thing about Skyrim/Fallout 4 modding on PS4 is that Sony allows mods that are made with the content that already are in the game, but when it comes to custom content aka external assets; they will reject em. Sims 4 mods are mostly built out of external assets sooo yea... the chances for Sims 4 to get mods for the PS4 is probably highly unlikely... Unless Sony gets over themselves and allows external assets... XBox on the other hand is fine with external assets; so all is good there. Sony is kinda being a butt when it comes to mods atm but I do hope they get over it and allow custom content into the games, they are starting to allow cross play which is a start.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    However!!! There if there was a tool to make custom content for sims 4 on the PS4; we'd be able to have mods or something close to it.
    I think Bethesda should do this as well for FO4 and Skyrim, but yea. :O
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top