Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want open world back if they were to think about doing it?

This is for console but ofcourse pc players are welcome

Would you want open world back if they were to think about doing it? 21 votes

Yes if so why
57%
AlisoxAHolyToiletSimsx4xbJPNeko_nataliejohnvincent0021Jasonschick80Bluebirddevil5970DarkrosesimnyamooraMissJayySimcastaway2 12 votes
No if so why
28%
ParmaViolet87AllieSootieNorthDakotaGamerGamingTweetyEvie0602LanieBorne 6 votes
I dunno if so why unsure
14%
DoodleSmack32FEDEXsfan11[Deleted User] 3 votes
Other
0%

Comments

• Options
    nyamooranyamoora Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes if so why
    Yes! It was a major adjustment for me not being able to travel open world and I initially hated it. I have learned to live with it, but if they do consider bringing it back I think it'd be beneficial. Also, I miss having cars for my sims.
  • Options
    DarkrosesimDarkrosesim Posts: 22 Member
    Yes if so why
    Open world is so much better I prefer it why do we need to load just to go across thr road they can do it if they do I hope it's an update thru give console and PC players at the same time or do it as a pack and if you don't want open worlds you don't need to I just prefer it when it's open world saves less time waiting on loading screens yes they can have it you load to different cities but not in the same world it would make me want to go around the maps more
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Yes if so why
    It is so annoying you spend most of the time on a loading screen just to see a neighbour in the apartments I am surprised they ever took it out I dunno why but they defo need to bring it back
  • Options
    MissJayyMissJayy Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes if so why
    I said Yes because open world was so much better. It takes up to much time loading and even when your neighbor lives just across the street from you, You still have to load to go to there home. There was also more places to travel to in open world, and I miss when we could purchase our own cars .
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No if so why
    I hate "open world-type games" as they usually feel empty and lifeless. Open neighborhoods would be fine, but not the entire world. With open neighborhoods, you can visit multiple areas/buildings easily but have to have a loading screen for a whole separate neighborhood. I play other games that are like that with minimal loading screens.
  • Options
    Yes if so why
    I hate "open world-type games" as they usually feel empty and lifeless. Open neighborhoods would be fine, but not the entire world. With open neighborhoods, you can visit multiple areas/buildings easily but have to have a loading screen for a whole separate neighborhood. I play other games that are like that with minimal loading screens.

Yeah that would have to be the way it would be if they done it like say for windenburg that is all an open world whilelst your in it and yes loading screen if going to another world such as new crest it would be so much better with open world
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No if so why
    Nope, I am talking even smaller scale neighborhoods, not just the seperate worlds.
  • Options
    DarkrosesimDarkrosesim Posts: 22 Member
    Yes if so why
    Well lucky for us if it were to happen you wouldn't get to decide it makes sense if they were to do it to make it open world for the whole thing bar loading to a different map it takes too much time for loading screen to just go next door it's ridiculous I hope they see this and consider making an open world game again
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited September 2018
    No if so why
    Delete! Sorry was away with the fairies thought this was for PC
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Yes if so why
    Delete! Sorry was away with the fairies thought this was for PC

It's for both ofcourse it would have to go on pc before console that's why I wrote pc players are welcome to vote :)
  • Options
    Yes if so why
    Well lucky for us if it were to happen you wouldn't get to decide it makes sense if they were to do it to make it open world for the whole thing bar loading to a different map it takes too much time for loading screen to just go next door it's ridiculous I hope they see this and consider making an open world game again

Please play nice I put this poll up because I thought it was a very interesting debate people are just expressing their opinions :)
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Yes if so why
    Yes, I agree with wholeheartedly with @nyamoora. I dislike how 'contained' the worlds now feel and would love for it to be made more open. I dare say how it was before? Maybe even with vehicles making a comeback? It did seem like a step back for TS4 not to make the game open world.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Yes if so why
    I also want an open world. I rarely take my sims out of the house, because it's too much bother to go through the loading screen twice. It doesn't make sense to have to do it even to visit their neighbours. :/
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Console would never be able to run it, but if they actually did a decent attempt at optimization then PCs could deal with open-world. Sims 3 had terrible optimization... Isla Paradiso, anyone?
  • Options
    Simsx4xbSimsx4xb Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes if so why
    If it were to happen I would be very happy, but i'm okay with what we have for right now :)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Yes if so why
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    Console would never be able to run it, but if they actually did a decent attempt at optimization then PCs could deal with open-world. Sims 3 had terrible optimization... Isla Paradiso, anyone?

Console has had open world before it would 100% support it and what gets done to pc gets done to console everyone says console can't handle alot yet we get less bugs than pc (not being cheeky) and console can hack alot like pc but I hope they do cause it is a pain waiting for loading screens
    Post edited by Bluebirddevil5970 on
  • Options
    DoodleSmack32DoodleSmack32 Posts: 50 Member
    I dunno if so why unsure
    I'm in the middle.. I can see it being a performance issue, plus the open world seemed overwhelming for the townie sims, they would just kind of stand around aimlessly visiting random lots throughout the day. I feel like there should be a blend. Like make certain sections open world like how the game is broken up into different sections in the town. Those sections could be open that way you don't have to load lot by lot. I think that would keep the performance good and also satisfy those wanting a more open experience.
  • Options
    Yes if so why
    Yeah that was what I was thinking I wasn't meaning for like one world being open but like esate or neighbour hood type thing like in the city do like the fashion area open and have to load to like the art than a part so it's not loading just to go to the apartment across from you