Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    Elderly only things to do that make it fun to play elders.

Right now, each time my sim has reached elder I am bored with them. I don't feel like setting new goals for them because they'll die soon anyway. So I'm stuck between "just die already" and "should I kill them?" and "I worked so hard on this sim and achieved so much I don't want them to die, nuuuuuuu...." which is really just the worst. I tend to move out with my offspring because I am too annoyed thinking of things for the elder sim to do, or just sticking them in front of the tv all day, it makes playing them a drag. And since I don't like the world aging along with my sims I set my settings to only have aging on for my active family, long story short, my world is filling up with the elderlies that I raised from either young adult or even baby on out. I refuse to kill them because all the time I spent playing them has given me a sense of attachment, but I don't want to continue playing them either because they're boring.

Make a gamepack if that's what it takes, I would buy it if it meant I could enjoy even the final years of my sim before he dies. Or even better, if I could look FORWARD to those retirement days when my sim can finally do cool elderly-only stuff. Retirement homes would be cool! The elderly sims could compete over being the most popular elder in the facility, I'm sure your designers can make this work out similarly to and as entertaining as get-together and vampires. Just to really get the player to feel like they have goals to reach with their elder sims, to finish the final chapter of a beautiful well played sim-life.

Miss me with that toddler-grow up kids packs, hit me with those retirement homes elderly packs!
  • Options
    anonymous3kanonymous3k Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2018
    Bring back the Gallery app :smile:
  • Options
    ForeverSims9170ForeverSims9170 Posts: 20 Member
    OMG! I would so love to see these things. I would love to:
    * Travel with my sims
    * Have functional vehicles
    * Have memories
    * Go through more life stages (if we do not already)
    * Have strollers
    * Actually get a manicure/pedicure when you go to the spa and at home
    * Have larger towns
    * Military/ Teacher/President/Governor/Journalist more career options for adults basically
    * Pet Sitter/House Sitter/Baby Sitter/Waiter/Grocery Store Clerk more career options for teens too
    * Scooter, mopeds, bikes, skates for skating around the neighborhood, skateboards, this all fall in with functional vehicles

Another thing that REALLY bugs me is if I want to go next door or anywhere within my neighborhood, why should it load? Your right next door, what is the purpose of loading? It's kinda annoying and frustrating to have everywhere you go load WITHIN your neighborhood. I don't mind things outside of my neighborhood loading when I visit, but inside my neighborhood, I mean COME ON!

I know that Jungle Adventure is supposed to be like World Adventures in TS3 but TS3 had more places to explore and more game play with and a lot more things you could do to become like a well-known adventurer of the area. What about learning new things like martial arts or being able to play foreign instruments and bring hobbies and cultural things back to your home. I miss that a lot. I think there should be a world that resembles China, France, Egypt, Russia maybe and maybe a complete island to explore.

I think it would pretty cool to be a prince/princess or something or be able to marry a prince/princess and be a king/queen of a foreign country make laws and stuff much like being a president.

There's a lot of things I agree should happen for TS4, the graphics are better than TS3 but TS3 has more game play and diversity to it as well. It's almost a total downgrade from what we wanted and hoped for:( I LOVE The Sims and I'm not trying to be rude but these are just some things that should be in TS4 but with better quality and more options than TS3 in my opinion.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    OMG! I would so love to see these things. I would love to:
    * Travel with my sims
    * Have functional vehicles
    * Have memories
    * Go through more life stages (if we do not already)
    * Have strollers
    * Actually get a manicure/pedicure when you go to the spa and at home
    * Have larger towns
    * Military/ Teacher/President/Governor/Journalist more career options for adults basically
    * Pet Sitter/House Sitter/Baby Sitter/Waiter/Grocery Store Clerk more career options for teens too
    * Scooter, mopeds, bikes, skates for skating around the neighborhood, skateboards, this all fall in with functional vehicles

Another thing that REALLY bugs me is if I want to go next door or anywhere within my neighborhood, why should it load? Your right next door, what is the purpose of loading? It's kinda annoying and frustrating to have everywhere you go load WITHIN your neighborhood. I don't mind things outside of my neighborhood loading when I visit, but inside my neighborhood, I mean COME ON!

I know that Jungle Adventure is supposed to be like World Adventures in TS3 but TS3 had more places to explore and more game play with and a lot more things you could do to become like a well-known adventurer of the area. What about learning new things like martial arts or being able to play foreign instruments and bring hobbies and cultural things back to your home. I miss that a lot. I think there should be a world that resembles China, France, Egypt, Russia maybe and maybe a complete island to explore.

I think it would pretty cool to be a prince/princess or something or be able to marry a prince/princess and be a king/queen of a foreign country make laws and stuff much like being a president.

There's a lot of things I agree should happen for TS4, the graphics are better than TS3 but TS3 has more game play and diversity to it as well. It's almost a total downgrade from what we wanted and hoped for:( I LOVE The Sims and I'm not trying to be rude but these are just some things that should be in TS4 but with better quality and more options than TS3 in my opinion.

100% agree with everything you have said in this message, Sims 4 is fun to play, but it is sooooo limited, like really being within your Sims' household neighbourhood, everything should be open, we shouldn't be forced to see a loading screen whenever we visit our neighbors, it's just annoying that happens, I hoped they would have removed that after a while. While Sims 4 is an improvement to what we see in Sims 3 graphics wise, but at the same time it's a downgrade gameplay wise with more restrictions, the open world being removed being a prime example of that, Sims 3 was open world and I miss that. In all honesty, Sims 3 still has way more content than Sims 4 currently has as well as far more gameplay, also you had an easier time to keep a tab on your Sims in Sims 3, I can't do the same in Sims 4 because via a loading screen.

Sims 5 better not be like Sims 4 in any of its aspects, it should have open world like Sims 3 had and the emotions, that was a good touch in Sims 4 that should be carried over to Sims 5.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    It's probably way too late to implement this, however: Separate frames from bedding and upholstery, the way that it was done in TS2. It was a very bad idea to mash all of those things together into one option -- "Our way, or the highway."
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ForeverSims9170ForeverSims9170 Posts: 20 Member
    I would also like to see:
    *body hair
    *terrain tools like in TS3
    *more natural hair colors/custom hair colors like in TS3
    *more gameplay for adventures like World Adventures in TS3
    I'd love to see a lot more but I'm not gonna blast y'all
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Something that would make the game run better, that would have also helped The Sims 3 too, is limit the NPC's to just the ones working as waiters/waitresses, maids, nannies, bartenders and so on, and not people just walking around and basically just getting in the way!

I really hate when a NPC starts talking to my Sims, because I have no interest in dealing with them! Mainly because they all look weird and or dress weird! I have hated these random sims since The Sims 3, which is what really slowed that game down so much! I mean your sims would walk into a an area, and then suddenly a dozen random Sims would pop up!

Also for each segment of the towns, they should have it where you can go right up to your closest neighbor, instead of having to go through a loading screen just to visit someone who lives right next door or across the street! When I first saw the map they had for the game, I thought that was how they were going to do it, have each section of the towns have a few buildings/houses that you could go to without having to go through a loading screen, because it would have made more sense! But the Sims makers hardly ever do things with these games that make sense!

Like making it where we can't control the cats and dogs, and using the excuse that it wouldn't be real anyway, but, then giving us pet rodents that can write books and go on adventures, like that's real! When all it was is lazy programming on their part, because they have never been concerned with being more real!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    NoName123NoName123 Posts: 25 Member
    More unique gameplay based on the traits and aspirations you pick. More unique interactions based on the level of friendship one has with another sim, like why is my sim giving parenting advice to someone they are only acquainted with. Also uneven friendship and romance bars. It would make it more interesting if when you're interacting with a sim you both had your own emotions bars. Every interaction you initiate has a greater effect on you than on them and vice versa. It would have great drama potential. One sim thinking they're friends with another only to find out the other sim thinks of them as only acquaintances or is in love with them. I have no idea about the feasibility, but I just thought it would be interesting. There could also be an option for original gameplay for people who don't want that type of drama.
  • Options
    BlushieXOXOBlushieXOXO Posts: 2 New Member
    Dear EA,

I wish that I could design a functioning restaurant, cafe, retail store, and bar all in one lot, complete with hired employees.

That could also make a cool mall idea too! If you ever took this idea, you could have DIFFERENT stores with DIFFERENT owners and employees! All the more fun! Your sim can bring their friend with them, go to the cafe to grab a coffee to-go, as what's always needed when you're with you're bestie going shopping at a MALL, go hit a couple stores, sit down with their friend at a separate restaurant within the property, PAY for their meal, and hit several other stores! After that, they can take a walk through the garden, sit and lounge in specified or unspecified areas, find a bush when you're outside and nature calls randomly and fast! Go back inside. I would love to have to PAY to play some instruments, or go skating, in an arcade, or PAY for some wine and make some art on an aisle with my best friend too! Sculpting class! Owned by another sim, sims, or mine if and when they get wealthy enough!

There can be a garden! A pool! A gym even! Every lot type in one!
  • Options
    punikkipunikki Posts: 4 New Member
    A music that plays in the background as you play on your lot, like they have during festivals. Better yet make it be choosable from the radio stations in-game. Sure slapping down a stereo and blasting it provides the same effect but the music will be inconsistent as you move from the source. It just can get so silent sometimes.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Dear EA,

I wish that I could design a functioning restaurant, cafe, retail store, and bar all in one lot, complete with hired employees.

Bless!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hopefully this isn't taken the wrong way, just a few things I'd like to see.

Pets that feel like... Well, a pet. As of now, it's almost as if they're purely for aesthetics and not an animal my sim can really grow to love. Or me, lol. Unlike 3, they were a bit more challenging and closer to RL. Anyone can befriend them easily and they hardly react to their environment, if they do it's in the form of a few notifications and not much else, although I don't mind not controlling them in oppose to some people. Otherwise, it's a lot of roaming about the house, sleeping, or complaining. Yes, even with different traits it's not much different imo.

- Is it just me, or was it harder to get a sim to like yours in previous games? I kind of miss that. I would like a bit more consequences in general for certain actions, maybe with new emotions that tend to clash, for example a Sensitive sim doesn't always get along with a Stoic sim...

- As Raichisims stated above, more events related to the Elderly.

- Body hair. (ex. Full, medium, light.)

- Better/realistic eyelashes.

- More stages for emotions. (ex. Very sad, Going through the motions, Getting over it. Not just crying every two seconds.)

- More optional (maybe even traditional) events to do before/after a wedding. Moving into a new home, 'picking out China patterns', etc. Inviting In-laws or getting their blessing is also nice.

- Parents are able to kick out offspring for certain reasons or over conflicts. This would be great for us storytellers.

- Funerals.

- Moving out offspring with a certain amount of money of your choosing. As in, drawing from your own household funds.

- Again, could be me, but that 'really have to pee' walk is useless as it is annoying.

- Routing is better, but not great imo. Half the time if something is in the way, my sim simply clips right through it. Unless of course this isn't an issue and something else entirely. It's not really important enough to break gameplay, though.

- A vacation world would be pretty nice, not loaded with NPC's and RL attractions, but rather something related to the Sim Nation itself. Llama themed and past game easter eggs as souvenirs, costumes, rollercoasters, a place specifically catering to younger children, etc. Something totally unexpected and/or different.

- I can see how some may not want this, but for those that like gameplay a little closer to RL, more traits for certain disorders would definitely add immersion. That said, so would things like adding wheelchairs and prosthetics. If, of course, they are ever allowed to do this, I understand there are limitations and they can only add so much.

- Illnesses that last longer? Like in 2, when a cold had the potential to turn into pneumonia? That would actually make visiting the hospital more useful outside of having a job there or a baby.

- A level system for your employees. As of now, I hardly play my Sim's business until I have at least two or three sims I'm the household because the employees rarely do any actions I set for them, unless they finally gain a skill in particular it still takes much too long for them to attend to customers and considering the amount of potential buyers you have in your store they rather leave then wait. I heard using a cheat to help clear their queue solves the problem, but I don't know if works for everyone.

(Phew. I think that's more than enough, lol.)
    Post edited by AceOfKnaves on
  • Options
    MRCSophieMRCSophie Posts: 1 New Member
    I like to make tiny homes, so adding ladders and spiral staircases would literally be incredible for me.
  • Options
    LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    Body hair, realistic 3c eyelashes, spiral staircase, ladders, rooftiles inside the house, colour wheel to choose the colour of an object!
  • Options
    iheartTS4iheartTS4 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd like:
    *body hair
    *more tattos
    *more tattoo places (left chest, right chest, upper right back, upper left back, lower back, full back etc)
    *more trait slots to create a more unique personality
    *more traits
    *more careers
    *more playable careers (teacher, business, journalist etc)
    *open neighborhoods
    Also, I'm pretty sure Maxis/EA fixes the bug that was making the music play into your game but my game has still been doing this. Ever since they released that they fixed the bug, loading screen music/build and buy mode music has been playing into my game
  • Options
    nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    I mostly play families on TS4, so that's what I'm focusing on.

-Please give me another kind of crib! The bassinets that we have right now are so ugly. I don't really like using CC for them, because of how realistic looking they are.
    -Baby CAS. I want to give babies a couple of different outfits, change their hair, etc.
    -Baby related stuff. Changing tables, baby bathtubs, I want it all.
    -THE ABILITY TO REMOVE BABIES FROM THEIR CRIBS!!! I cannot stand the fact that babies are tied to their cribs. It's going to be the death of me.
    -Adoption. I wish I could put babies/tots up for adoption. It would be great for stories.
    -Fewer nightmares for toddlers... it's annoying when your toddler wakes up every. single. night. because of a nightmare, then they wake up BOTH the parents.
    -More in-depth school for children and teens. They do their homework and go to school 5 days a week. What fun is that? Maybe they could bring home extra homework if you choose for them to "slack off", have the parent sims make them lunches before school (or have them get school lunch), and see the child sim getting onto the bus. Maybe if your child sim is late for school, the parent would have to drive them there.
    -Fewer strays. I can hardly play in Brindelton Bay because of the ridiculous amount of strays. I have to take them all in!!
    That's about it.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2018
    I small things they can easily fix. If i place a bar on any community lot, make it functional! Why should i name it a 'bar' for it to work and for a bartender to show up. Just make sure there is a bartender on every bar on every lot despite the type of the lot. Also when you place more then one bar. Why there can only be 1 bartender? What was even the point of doing that.

Speaking about community lots, we need way more lot type options. 80% of my lots don't function, cause there is no proper type for them. I made a gaming hall and none of the lot types have sims show up and actually play games. Made a cinema, no sim shows up again or even watches the giant screen. Made an ice skating lane and none of the dims come there to ice skate.
    I can not set every lot to a lounge, cause then sims won't come for the actual main item. Bowling alley? Nope, they go right to the karaoke machine upstairs. Instead they just come for food, music or karaoke, cause you are restricted to place certain items and they ruin the purpose of the lot since you cannot choose a fitting type.
    Or give us one lot type that says: adjustable. And have us click on max. 3 items that we want visiting sims to use. Or maybe even set an age group target on that lot (optional). If we can have lot traits, this should be easy peasy.
  • Options
    MissMollyMissMolly Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello! These are some of the things I would love to see :smile:

Spiral staircases
    More options for tattoos, especially in terms of placements
    Allowing fences to be built directly on the edge of the lot
    More hair colours, and create your own hair colour!
    Boyfriend/girlfriend in CAS, and the option to have a baby together in CAS without being married
    Ability to control pet's actions
    Tilt camera feature
    More in depth interactions with babies
  • Options
    MissMollyMissMolly Posts: 9 New Member
    Oh and COLLECTIONS! The ability to sort different items!! Soooo helpful when creating homes
  • Options
    HopelesslyDoomedHopelesslyDoomed Posts: 2 New Member
    Aloha! I'd like to add my two cents to this as well. :smile:

For me, so far, the issues are minor. There are some annoyances, like the colouring of the items being so limited and such, but there are two things that are pretty far a stick up the rear end when it comes to the game: the shared storage and not being allowed to purchase books published by author sims. So my two "musts" so far should be separate storage (I used to order bookshelves by book topic and all in mansions, this is such a bummer) and the option of buying the books the author sim has published. What's the point of publishing it if you can't buy them with some other sims? Sigh.
  • Options
    nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    Aaahh! Almost forgot.
    It would be lovely to be able to make Sims with wheelchairs and/or prosthetics (or missing limbs). It would also be nice if you could make blind/deaf Sims. I think that it's sorta sad how there's no ability to do that- we need more inclusivity when it comes to Sims with disabilities.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member

For me, so far, the issues are minor. There are some annoyances, like the colouring of the items being so limited and such, but there are two things that are pretty far a stick up the rear end when it comes to the game: the shared storage and not being allowed to purchase books published by author sims. So my two "musts" so far should be separate storage (I used to order bookshelves by book topic and all in mansions, this is such a bummer) and the option of buying the books the author sim has published. What's the point of publishing it if you can't buy them with some other sims? Sigh.

Aloha man, and I agree 100% with what you have said, especially with the books thing, Sims could buy books other Sims published in Sims 3, but they cut that out in Sims 4, which is very disappointing. I wish they would fix this and make it possible for Sims to buy published books your Sim published in the game, also make the published books your Sims have made be available in the libraries in all worlds in the Sims 4.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Raichisims wrote: »
    Elderly only things to do that make it fun to play elders.

Right now, each time my sim has reached elder I am bored with them. I don't feel like setting new goals for them because they'll die soon anyway. So I'm stuck between "just die already" and "should I kill them?" and "I worked so hard on this sim and achieved so much I don't want them to die, nuuuuuuu...." which is really just the worst. I tend to move out with my offspring because I am too annoyed thinking of things for the elder sim to do, or just sticking them in front of the tv all day, it makes playing them a drag. And since I don't like the world aging along with my sims I set my settings to only have aging on for my active family, long story short, my world is filling up with the elderlies that I raised from either young adult or even baby on out. I refuse to kill them because all the time I spent playing them has given me a sense of attachment, but I don't want to continue playing them either because they're boring.

Make a gamepack if that's what it takes, I would buy it if it meant I could enjoy even the final years of my sim before he dies. Or even better, if I could look FORWARD to those retirement days when my sim can finally do cool elderly-only stuff. Retirement homes would be cool! The elderly sims could compete over being the most popular elder in the facility, I'm sure your designers can make this work out similarly to and as entertaining as get-together and vampires. Just to really get the player to feel like they have goals to reach with their elder sims, to finish the final chapter of a beautiful well played sim-life.

Miss me with that toddler-grow up kids packs, hit me with those retirement homes elderly packs!

Maybe add some elder aspirations? They could be like the child aspirations, only three parts.

I use cheats/mods to change some of the personality traits on my elders; an Active Sim might become Lazy, or a Neat Sim turn into a Slob. I'd like to have more traits like Absent-Minded especially for elders.

Activities: I'll have my elders take up bobbies like yoga/meditation, painting, woodworking and the like. I'd love to see more hobby activities in the game for all ages, and hobbies Sims can do together, like a grandparent/grandchild (I'd like the fix-it car from the Sims 3 Store for starters). My elders tend to do a lot of fishing as well; it's a little more tricky with Seasons (only place you can fish in winter is Oasis Springs) but it's a good chance to work on that collection.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I'm using CC storage boxes so I can organize all my stuff into separate categories -- one with Selvadoradan relics to be authenticated, one for crystals to refine to make the mystical relics, one for frogs to breed, etc. Shared inventory can come in handy for bookshelves; if you've got a bookcase upstairs, you don't have to traipse downstairs to find a particular book. But if you want to have a basement apartment for your YA Sim who still lives at home, all the leftovers get mixed in together. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    jjlookeyesjjlookeyes Posts: 5 New Member
    Ok so I really don't know if anyone has said this there is just so many amazing comments to read through but something I am dying for in Seasons is an actual temperature?! Fahrenheit and celsius it was so good! I loved in sims 3 they gave you the degree that specific day and what it changed to from morning to night but for some reason they didn't follow that through in sims 4? Maybe there is a logical reason but i can't see it so if there is please feel free to explain :)

I just can't tell what it means by 'cold' or 'really cold'. Like there is no in between and it is really bugging me that in spring it could be 'really cold' but that sounds really excessive cause to me thats like 3 degrees. but i just really want to know to give the game the more realistic feel.

Anyone else agree?