Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited August 2018
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me if MCCC can lower the levels on maxxed out skills, and if so which module is required and how to do it? thank you.

Yes, you can do this with the Cheats module:

MCCC > MC Cheats > Skill Cheats > Set Skill > Skill of Choice:

Deaderpool's documentation says:
    Enter level for <Skill of Choice> between 1 and 10 (entering "1" basically resets the skill to never been learned). Current level is <level>. Minimum Value: 1, Maximum Value: 10

Bowling, Local Culture, Photography, Dancing, Dog, Toddler Communication, Toddler Movement, Toddler Imagination, and Toddler Thinking max out at 5

Vampire Lore maxes out at 15

Toddler Potty maxes out at 3
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    So, I want the Sims I don't play to get married and have kids. I turned Autonomous marriage on and I have bypass played household so will that work like I want it to? Is there another setting to make them also have children or will that just happen?
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    *Meekly lifts up a hand, and looks around hopefully*

I've heard so much about MC Command Center, and all that it fixes and enhances and so on...

I'd like to (potentially) get it to have in my game, but I have to admit, I cant make heads or tails over first, how to install it into the game (Just in a subfolder within the mods folder itself?), and then how to work all the settings it has, to get things I want in my game. Also, do you have to do all that with every save, the tweaking and so on? Or can you just do it once and it's set (unless you change it yourself, later)?

I know there's also mods that go along with MCCC, to change/fix/enhance, other things that the base mod itself, doesn't. Some of those other things are things I think I might want in my game fore modding up, as well. But again...I have no clue what/how/where/etc...And while this thread is absolutely GREAT, there's SO MUCH contained within it, that I don't have the first clue where to look as far as which posts on which pages, and so on.

Please help! Preferably with baby step instructions if possible...No, seriously, please!

Thank you to whomever tries to help me out, in advance!
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I have two questions.

1.) Is there a way to stop townies from generating into random outfits? I swore there was a setting for that in mccc but I can't find it.

2.) How long does it take the game for townies to move into empty homes? I have the option checked in my actual game settings, plus in mccc. I just put the open houses down to zero, I had it to the default of one. It's been like three days in my save so far, and no one's moved into empty homes so far...
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited August 2018
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    So, I want the Sims I don't play to get married and have kids. I turned Autonomous marriage on and I have bypass played household so will that work like I want it to? Is there another setting to make them also have children or will that just happen?
    I guess you're on a good way. Have an additional look in the mariage and pregnacy options of the MC Pregnancy module:
    http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_pregnancy

*Meekly lifts up a hand, and looks around hopefully*

I've heard so much about MC Command Center, and all that it fixes and enhances and so on...

I'd like to (potentially) get it to have in my game, but I have to admit, I cant make heads or tails over first, how to install it into the game (Just in a subfolder within the mods folder itself?), and then how to work all the settings it has, to get things I want in my game. Also, do you have to do all that with every save, the tweaking and so on? Or can you just do it once and it's set (unless you change it yourself, later)?

I know there's also mods that go along with MCCC, to change/fix/enhance, other things that the base mod itself, doesn't. Some of those other things are things I think I might want in my game fore modding up, as well. But again...I have no clue what/how/where/etc...And while this thread is absolutely GREAT, there's SO MUCH contained within it, that I don't have the first clue where to look as far as which posts on which pages, and so on.

Please help! Preferably with baby step instructions if possible...No, seriously, please!

Thank you to whomever tries to help me out, in advance!
    I think, you should at first have a look at the MCCC installation guide. It's quite easy, as you already suggested: http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation. Regarding how to play with MCCC I would say it's the easiest way to start with the presets and try to match it to your game style. It's hard to give a recommendation if you don't know, what somebody wants to achive. Look at the FAQ-pages http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq and the overview http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/overview to get an idea, what you can do with MCCC. Come back if you have any question regarding the details.

PolluxSims wrote: »
    I have two questions.

1.) Is there a way to stop townies from generating into random outfits? I swore there was a setting for that in mccc but I can't find it.

2.) How long does it take the game for townies to move into empty homes? I have the option checked in my actual game settings, plus in mccc. I just put the open houses down to zero, I had it to the default of one. It's been like three days in my save so far, and no one's moved into empty homes so far...
    1) No, unfortunately not. You have to use MC Dresser for whitelisting all those outfits you want to allow for your sims, and than to blacklist all those outfits you don't want to see anymore in your game. Use MC Cleaner to remove the bl'ed outfits and replace them with the wl'ed ones. Try MC Dresser > Replace Situation Outfits to get rid of the so called 'situation outfits', i. e. at the GT festivals in SM. You might also use the S4S batchfix "Disallow for random", but this works only with CC.
    2) Double check your settings, especially MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Allow Homeless Move-In = enabled. There should something happen with in three sim days.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    @Bonxie, thank you SO much for those helpful links! Turns out I was trying to put the MCCC mod into my mods folder wrong, for starters...*LOL@myself*

I'm studying the other links now, and hopefully I'll start being able to get things set up in my game the way I want them to be.

Thank you again!
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I just got the following notification completely out of the blue: “Sammy just Broke Up with Saya.” Sammy is the current active Sim, and Saya is (well, was) his townie girlfriend. They had maxed out friendship and romance bars, and she wasn’t even on the lot when they suddenly broke up. Now their relationship is at “Acquaintances” and “Broken Up” with Both relationship bars at zero.

I’ve never seen this happen before. Is this caused by the breakup settings that were added to MCCC fairly recently? If it is, is there a way to bypass breakups for played Sims, or do I need to disable relationship changes entirely?

Also, on an unrelated note, is there any way to either stop townies/inactive Sims from jogging in cold weather, or at least force them to wear appropriate clothing? My current solution is to scan the neighborhood now and then and use the MC Dresser “Change Outfit” command to put them in winter clothing when I catch them in athletic wear, but they tend to escape my notice now and again, and I’d like to not have Sims always freezing to death because they don’t have the sense to dress for the weather.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Fixed in Patch 1.46.18 - Sims conducting athletic activity like basketball and jogging will no longer freeze to death. Sporting is once again safe.

As far as breaking up. Make sure your settings will bypass active sims romances? I'm not sure on the breakup settings but I know you need to do that so your sims romantic interests don't end up automatically getting married to someone else. Not sure where the setting is as I haven't delved deeply into it yet.

moxiegraphix on Origin
    edited August 2018
    I just got the following notification completely out of the blue: “Sammy just Broke Up with Saya.” Sammy is the current active Sim, and Saya is (well, was) his townie girlfriend. They had maxed out friendship and romance bars, and she wasn’t even on the lot when they suddenly broke up. Now their relationship is at “Acquaintances” and “Broken Up” with Both relationship bars at zero.

I’ve never seen this happen before. Is this caused by the breakup settings that were added to MCCC fairly recently? If it is, is there a way to bypass breakups for played Sims, or do I need to disable relationship changes entirely?

Also, on an unrelated note, is there any way to either stop townies/inactive Sims from jogging in cold weather, or at least force them to wear appropriate clothing? My current solution is to scan the neighborhood now and then and use the MC Dresser “Change Outfit” command to put them in winter clothing when I catch them in athletic wear, but they tend to escape my notice now and again, and I’d like to not have Sims always freezing to death because they don’t have the sense to dress for the weather.

Regarding clothing, see the answer of @Elisabetha (thanks :)).

For the breakup, have a look at the MCCC 4.3.1 change log. In the lower part is a pretty detailed description of the break up option and what settings can be used to customize it.
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/private/172320937116/tumblr_p69qfjxMg31w6igb0

I guess, the setting you're looking for is this one: Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Breakup Settings > Couple Relationship Change Percent. If it has a zero value, like it does by default, then no breakups will occur.
    @Elisabetta
    My game and all mods are up-to-date. I think the issue might be that they don’t change outfits if they stop jogging? I still regularly see townies/inactive Sims freeze in athletic wear.

@Bonxie
    Thank you! I’d changed the relationship change settings since I thought that it would make more gradual changes instead of suddenly ending a maxed-out relationship, but I guess I’ll set it back to zero if that’s the only way to prevent such drastic changes atm.
  • alostteenalostteen Posts: 56 Member
    can I use this mod for abortion :/ im aware of birth control in it (fyi im new to this mod) also, if I enable quitting school for teens, will they always have to quit school when getting a job or is it only if I wish to?
    alostteen wrote: »
    can I use this mod for abortion :/ im aware of birth control in it (fyi im new to this mod) also, if I enable quitting school for teens, will they always have to quit school when getting a job or is it only if I wish to?

Sort of. There’s no actual abortion feature in MCCC, but it does have the option to cancel a pregnancy. If you want something more realistic than that, there is an abortion mod that comes with actual risks and such. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post a link to it here, but I’m sure you can find it if you search.

You have to disable “Teens Quit School” if you want teens to stay in school AND work. A way around this (not tested, but should theoretically work) without disabling it is using the cheat “careers.add_career highschool” after getting a job with the teen selected (or just give them a job with the add_career cheat).
  • FowardLoki01FowardLoki01 Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know if mccc household adjustment also counts for pets? For example; I have my household max set to 15 and i have two sims, does that mean i can have 13 pets?

Thanks in advance :smile:
    edited August 2018
    Does anyone know if mccc household adjustment also counts for pets? For example; I have my household max set to 15 and i have two sims, does that mean i can have 13 pets?

Thanks in advance :smile:
    Sure - afaik one pet equals one sim in the hh count. But better think twice whether you really want to play with hh>8. I'wouldn't recommend it. Better make a backup of your game data before you start to have a fall back option if your game becomes unplayable.
    EA limits the household size to 8 so everything is also limited to that number. Technically it's possible to increase the size with MCCC, but we've seen dozens of players loosing their sims because of that setting.
    You have been warned.
  • AsheEllwoodAsheEllwood Posts: 31 Member
    hello, I recently uninstalled MCCC because I didn't care for it. I just deleted all the files from my mods folder, but is there anything else I needed to do other than that? Do any of the settings that I implemented during the time I had it installed stay that way, or do they just revert back to normal (stuff like child support, etc.) I didn't find anything in the documentation for it, but I admit I'm blind af sometimes.
    edited August 2018
    hello, I recently uninstalled MCCC because I didn't care for it. I just deleted all the files from my mods folder, but is there anything else I needed to do other than that? Do any of the settings that I implemented during the time I had it installed stay that way, or do they just revert back to normal (stuff like child support, etc.) I didn't find anything in the documentation for it, but I admit I'm blind plum sometimes.
    If you took all *.ts4script and *.packages out, then MCCC is out of your game. The functionality which is added by MCCC (i. e. like the "Annoying Action") will be gone from your game. If you tweaked standard game settings like skills or career levels, these will stay the way they are.
    To be sure to have no fragments left in your game after removing any mod or CC, delete the localthumbcache.package in your game folder.

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hello, I am considering downloading MCCC one day, but find that I'm kind of a little need for clarification about modules and what I have to download. So I really only need to download the main MCCC and don't need anything else if I just want it? What about these other extra things?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Hello, I am considering downloading MCCC one day, but find that I'm kind of a little need for clarification about modules and what I have to download. So I really only need to download the main MCCC and don't need anything else if I just want it? What about these other extra things?
    I’m not very good at explaining these things, but there are two things you can download: MCCC and MC Woohoo (includes things like risky woohoo, woohoo skill). You can download MCCC but not MC Woohoo if you want, but if you do download MCCC you get all the modules included in that (MC population, MC occult, MC pregnancy, MC dresser etc...)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited August 2018

This is what I posted a while ago to another Simmer about how I use MCCC and what some of the modules can do. You don't need all of these modules, of course. If you want, you can just have the main module: mc_cmd_center. It's a bit long so make yourself a coffee and grab a cookie or three:
    The Population module I use for:
    - allowing 'homeless' townies to move into empty houses.
    - assigning a percentage chance to the number of babies, toddlers, kids, teens etc. that the game will generate. If left to its own devices, the game often just generates single parents (usually a woman) with a child. But MC can change that up for you.
    - randomizing Sims who visit lots - otherwise, you see the same Sims all the time. There's a lot more that you can do with this module, but that's what I use it for.

The Pregnancy module I use for:
    - setting what ages can get pregnant (I use YA and Adult, but you can have teen pregnancies if that's your thing, or even elders!)
    - specifying which days each week that some townies could fall pregnant. I have mine set to Tuesdays and Saturdays but it's up to you. (This is for townies, not Sims that I'm playing.)
    - specifying that townies that are already in a relationship (maybe I've played them and set them up with a particular sim at some point) will not be married off to a completely random new Sim. This is great if you play rotationally.
    - setting a percentage chance for pregnancy among the townies: the higher the percentage, the more townie pregnancies you'll get each week. This is a setting that might take some trial and error: too high and you'll be overrun with babies! I currently have mine set to 3 and it seems to be working fine - I get about 4-5 pregnancies each week.
    - allowing townie Sims who don't live in houses to also fall pregnant
    - allowing affairs resulting in pregnancy among the townies: this means that married townies may have babies with someone other than their spouse - good for storytelling purposes.
    - preventing pregnancies between townie Sims who are related, because ew.
    - specifying the genders of Sims who can hook up.
    - specifying what gender offspring your townies will have.
    - specifying how many kids each pregnancy will result in: I have mine set to a maximum of twins now as I was finding that my townies were having loads of sets of triplets. This setting also applies to played Sims I believe.
    - specifying the maximum number of kids a townie can have during their lifetime. I have mine set to 4.
    - setting the percentage chance of having identical twins/triplets. I have mine set to 33%
    - setting whether or not your Sims can age while pregnant (EA default is no).
    - setting notifications of what townies marry whom and have kids with whom - I like to know what my townies are up to! You can also get age-up and death notifications for townies.
    - Setting which particular townies I want to get married or pregnant (though you can't specify to whom) and which I don't want to get married or pregnant. You can do this by 'flagging' them. Useful if your Sim has met a townie you want to hook them up with later on and therefore you don't want MC to marry that townie off to someone else in the meantime.

The Tuner module I use for:
    - disabling some of the really annoying autonomous actions that Sims will do, like constantly getting a drink of water, checking a toddler, checking their phone etc. It takes a bit of getting used to, this module, but it can be super useful.

The woohoo module I use for:
    - setting what ages can woohoo and try for baby
    - setting the percentage chance of an unplanned pregnancy in 'risky woohoo' - I love this feature but it takes some trial and error to get the percentage that you're happy with. I have mine set to 9%
    - allowing Sims who don't have a romantic relationship to woohoo or try for baby
    - setting a percentage pregnancy outcome for Try for Baby. I think the EA default is 80%, which is unrealistically high I think. I have mine set to 60%.
    - allowing autonomous woohoo and try for baby. I have both enabled though I don't think I've ever had a Sim autonomously try for baby.
    - enabling a 'woohoo skill'!!

The Dresser module I use for:
    - randomizing clothing parts on badly dressed townies. I use this A LOT!

And that's just a fraction of what the mod can do. It does take a bit of getting used to so I'd suggest you set up a test save and play that for a couple of Sim weeks, adjusting the settings as you go until you're happy with what the mod is doing to your townies.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

This is what I posted a while ago to another Simmer about how I use MCCC and what some of the modules can do. You don't need all of these modules, of course. If you want, you can just have the main module: mc_cmd_center. It's a bit long so make yourself a coffee and grab a cookie or three:
    - assigning a percentage chance to the number of babies, toddlers, kids, teens etc. that the game will generate. If left to its own devices, the game often just generates single parents (usually a woman) with a child. But MC can change that up for you.
    - randomizing Sims who visit lots - otherwise, you see the same Sims all the time. There's a lot more that you can do with this module, but that's what I use it for.

- setting what ages can get pregnant (I use YA and Adult, but you can have teen pregnancies if that's your thing, or even elders!)
    - specifying which days each week that some townies could fall pregnant. I have mine set to Tuesdays and Saturdays but it's up to you. (This is for townies, not Sims that I'm playing.)
    - specifying that townies that are already in a relationship (maybe I've played them and set them up with a particular sim at some point) will not be married off to a completely random new Sim. This is great if you play rotationally.
    - setting a percentage chance for pregnancy among the townies: the higher the percentage, the more townie pregnancies you'll get each week. This is a setting that might take some trial and error: too high and you'll be overrun with babies! I currently have mine set to 3 and it seems to be working fine - I get about 4-5 pregnancies each week.
    - allowing affairs resulting in pregnancy among the townies: this means that married townies may have babies with someone other than their spouse - good for storytelling purposes.
    - specifying how many kids each pregnancy will result in: I have mine set to a maximum of twins now as I was finding that my townies were having loads of sets of triplets. This setting also applies to played Sims I believe.
    - specifying the maximum number of kids a townie can have during their lifetime. I have mine set to 4.
    - setting the percentage chance of having identical twins/triplets. I have mine set to 33%
    - setting notifications of what townies marry whom and have kids with whom - I like to know what my townies are up to! You can also get age-up and death notifications for townies.
    - Setting which particular townies I want to get married or pregnant (though you can't specify to whom) and which I don't want to get married or pregnant. You can do this by 'flagging' them. Useful if your Sim has met a townie you want to hook them up with later on and therefore you don't want MC to marry that townie off to someone else in the meantime.

- disabling some of the really annoying autonomous actions that Sims will do, like constantly getting a drink of water, checking a toddler, checking their phone etc. It takes a bit of getting used to, this module, but it can be super useful.

- setting the percentage chance of an unplanned pregnancy in 'risky woohoo' - I love this feature but it takes some trial and error to get the percentage that you're happy with. I have mine set to 9%
    - allowing Sims who don't have a romantic relationship to woohoo or try for baby
    - setting a percentage pregnancy outcome for Try for Baby. I think the EA default is 80%, which is unrealistically high I think. I have mine set to 60%.
    - allowing autonomous woohoo and try for baby. I have both enabled though I don't think I've ever had a Sim autonomously try for baby.

And that's just a fraction of what the mod can do. It does take a bit of getting used to so I'd suggest you set up a test save and play that for a couple of Sim weeks, adjusting the settings as you go until you're happy with what the mod is doing to your townies.

Very insightful indeed! I may consider downloading the main MC and the Woohoo and testing it out after this weekend. I always felt MCCC was very intimidating to start with but your info on what the different modules are usually good for has made me take approach to it with some relaxed caution. Thank you.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I recently created a sim of an android from the PS4 game Detroit: Become Human and have used MCCC to flag him for no aging, no offspring and no motive decay. How can I flag him for no romance whatsoever?

Very insightful indeed! I may consider downloading the main MC and the Woohoo and testing it out after this weekend. I always felt MCCC was very intimidating to start with but your info on what the different modules are usually good for has made me take approach to it with some relaxed caution. Thank you.

You're welcome - have fun with it! I love the mod, but it's definitely not a drop-in-and-go mod!
    afai1261 wrote: »
    I recently created a sim of an android from the PS4 game Detroit: Become Human and have used MCCC to flag him for no aging, no offspring and no motive decay. How can I flag him for no romance whatsoever?

You could also flag him for 'never marry' and 'no affairs'.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member

Where do I find it on his MC menu? Sorry I'm a bit useless :D

Where do I find it on his MC menu? Sorry I'm a bit useless :D

It's on the Sim's menu, not the computer menu. I'm just dashing out the house now but if someone else hasn't answered your query by the time I get back, I'll pop in-game when I get back and have a look.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top