Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tree of emotion question

Hi there, so I am busy updating all my collection rooms. The last room that needs updating is the garden rooms and ofcourse once that is done the full collection. I am however stuck with the tree of emotion berries. I have planted each individual one because if you get a tree to perfect stage only one berry is perfect the rest are not, so now I am trying to get each tree to perfect and then graft each tree onto each other to hopefully get a tree full of perfect berries, my poor sim is gardening 24 hours a simday LOL. Am I wasting my time and all berries remain normal stage or will I somehow someday get my perfect berries ;)

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    You could try grafting them to a black bean plant (well, 7 black bean plants), getting them up to perfect that way, and then seeing what happens when you plant them.

Berries do improve on the black bean splice, but I haven't tried with just the trees. I think with the trees, only the berry which was planted improves and the others are normal. So I'm not sure splicing would get around that. You'd probably end up with a mix of normal and perfect berries.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I tried grafting it with my perfect growfruit tree berries and it only made one of the berries perfect, so that is why I planted each individual one and is perfecting their tree. Then I thought of planting one perfect berry of each and see how that goes and then graft the seven trees together. This is the most tricky perfect fruit I have ever tried to get LOL. Here is an egsample.

Excellent berry from its own berry type grown tree,
    e8fre60.png

Others normal from other trees but they are excellent state.
    4m9CWFn.png

Yeah, I doubt grafting the seven trees together would work -- you'd probably still get some normal berries in there just the way the trees themselves work.

However, I'm not sure what would happen if you planted a perfect berry -- whether all the berries would be perfect in that case or still just the type of berry that was planted.
    One other thought -- the black bean splice is ridiculous in that they flower two or three times a day if you're on the lot.
    Felicity wrote: »
    Yeah, I doubt grafting the seven trees together would work -- you'd probably still get some normal berries in there just the way the trees themselves work.

However, I'm not sure what would happen if you planted a perfect berry -- whether all the berries would be perfect in that case or still just the type of berry that was planted.

I am thinking of planting the 7 perfect berries and then grafting their trees, but hey maybe I am lucky and like you said perhaps one perfect berry planted will make them all perfect, will just play it out and see ;)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I still don’t exactly understand grafting
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    each tree of emotions, though it grows all 7 berries, is technically a different type of plant. which is why only the type you planted will show as perfect. and also why when you take a cutting, it will name the type of berry planted, and grafting the cutting to another plant will have only that one berry grow on it.

and really, @mcrudd, you should use the herbs! basil, parsley, sage. those things spawn their harvestables so fast and are so easy to hit perfect with that i graft everything else to them to get perfect quality harvestables. did seven different ones for the emotional berries. it's such a quick and cheaty way to get perfect plants...and entirely too many harvestables. i'm swimming in avacados and black beans just from the herbs i grafted those two onto while waiting on the trees to grow
    It worked all perfect berries now :) Finally can update all my gardeny type collection rooms now :D

DPEN8PC.png

Had to graft them all together.

Chazzzy wrote: »
    I still don’t exactly understand grafting

Grafting is when you take cuttings from one plant and graft it onto another to make a multiple fruit plant on one tree/bush. Or you can graft tree fruits on smaller bushes so you can have them indoors or on balconies in the game.
    kalaksed wrote: »
    each tree of emotions, though it grows all 7 berries, is technically a different type of plant. which is why only the type you planted will show as perfect. and also why when you take a cutting, it will name the type of berry planted, and grafting the cutting to another plant will have only that one berry grow on it.

and really, @mcrudd, you should use the herbs! basil, parsley, sage. those things spawn their harvestables so fast and are so easy to hit perfect with that i graft everything else to them to get perfect quality harvestables. did seven different ones for the emotional berries. it's such a quick and cheaty way to get perfect plants...and entirely too many harvestables. i'm swimming in avacados and black beans just from the herbs i grafted those two onto while waiting on the trees to grow

I should have, but it took me a while to figure out that the one tree is actually 7 seperate trees in one LOL, I am not a smart cookie when it comes to grafting. I have my perfect berries for my collections now, so all good :D Thanks for all your advice, sounds like you are a grafting guru :D;)
    i started poking at the various types of those trees of emotions as soon as i noticed the first cutting i took out in the jungle was for 'vimberries'. after the trip was over, put that into an herb and planted a merryberry. noticed that the basil shrub only produced basil and vimberries while the merryberry tree grew all 7 berries and yet it still just was listed as 'merryberry cutting'. then realized what was going on and decided this could be good for different things. like doctors/scientists just having spliced plants with cereberries for a quick snack before work

also, wanted to say thank you for uploading your perfect collections. i usually work to get all my own on my own, but was very, very happy for yours when i was working on putting households back to how they were before a save file corruption
    i started poking at the various types of those trees of emotions as soon as i noticed the first cutting i took out in the jungle was for 'vimberries'. after the trip was over, put that into an herb and planted a merryberry. noticed that the basil shrub only produced basil and vimberries while the merryberry tree grew all 7 berries and yet it still just was listed as 'merryberry cutting'. then realized what was going on and decided this could be good for different things. like doctors/scientists just having spliced plants with cereberries for a quick snack before work

also, wanted to say thank you for uploading your perfect collections. i usually work to get all my own on my own, but was very, very happy for yours when i was working on putting households back to how they were before a save file corruption

I usually go the long way with getting plants to perfect especially ones I don't want spliced, I have a good collection of growfruit for that though LOL. I took a bit longer than usual to start updating my collection rooms just because it was not as easy this time round, my sim had to go and quite a few adventures and she authenticated what felt like millions of artifacts before she got the true collection hahahaha. But otherwise I try to get them updated as soon as I can. Glad to hear they came in handy for you, I use them because I don't want every single new gameplay to have to redo the collections everytime.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

I usually go the long way with getting plants to perfect especially ones I don't want spliced, I have a good collection of growfruit for that though LOL. I took a bit longer than usual to start updating my collection rooms just because it was not as easy this time round, my sim had to go and quite a few adventures and she authenticated what felt like millions of artifacts before she got the true collection hahahaha. But otherwise I try to get them updated as soon as I can. Glad to hear they came in handy for you, I use them because I don't want every single new gameplay to have to redo the collections everytime.

Artifacts don't keep their authentication when you save the lot and place it in a new game. You have to authenticate them again and if you sell them without doing so, they're only worth around 20 simoleins. I found that out when I placed a lot with artifacts worth 400 simoleins in a new game because I wanted to vampire proof the house and put the cat mailbox on the lot.

Artifacts don't keep their authentication when you save the lot and place it in a new game. You have to authenticate them again and if you sell them without doing so, they're only worth around 20 simoleins. I found that out when I placed a lot with artifacts worth 400 simoleins in a new game because I wanted to vampire proof the house and put the cat mailbox on the lot.

Yip I noticed that too so warned simmers in my upload, its sad cause they look so pretty once authenticated, but what I did was upload them with their clay look, I always test things before uploading it to make sure its all there as I know the game sometimes does not upload items or like this it took away the authentication. Thanks for the heads up too :D;)

i still haven't even finished either of the collections, and amazingly, for the artifacts, i haven't even gotten all the fakes (the knife just doesn't want to be fake for me. and i love how silly looking the fakes are)

as for nonspliced plants, as soon as i get a perfect fruit or veggie off one of the spliced herbs, i'll plant it and get a perfect plant of that type, so quick route to that, too (for some of the plants, i like nonspliced. partially because they just look better)
    aaaah never thought of doing it that way LOL. I have a sim that is skilled up to max in everything to help me get new collections quicker, once I did all my collections then I build my new out of cas sims and experience the game as its meant to be played without cheats and things. Usually when updating a collection I use the needs and money cheats so my sims are always in good needs while hunting for things and money is not a problem if they have to buy supplies or go on vaccations or so on. But I do enjoy playing normal once that is all done :D
    i get ya. i do similar with various households. i've got two long-term households (one basically since i started playing except redone twice after a save game corruption and then a hard drive failure. they've pretty much got everything. each of the adults has maxed one path of each career, everyone's got every skill maxed and completed all available ambitions to them (well, except the ja ones, since they haven't been played since the pack came out yet), full collections, scientist goodies, the works. so keep them on top of things with new packs, really. the second started with the vampire pack and has come close to them in the amount of stuff, but not nearly with the skills/ambitions. this was the household i took on the jungle exploring so far, to test things out with a vampire, and waiting on the poison ghost to show up (takes so long)) and plenty of 'younger' ones (even though some are older than the vampire's household, just less skilled/equipped) so i can play with a large variety of styles based on the household. some (landgraab) super rich, some rags to riches, many are various versions of 'just average', even if some of them are aliens or vampires or whatnot.

but i also have an ever-changing botanical gardens lot that has all the plants (both build mode and harvestable) in some attempt at trying to mimic the san francisco botanical gardens and also use all the available plants in ts4, several museums that split all the collections between them, and some other things. i...kind of like collecting, and have a hard time not trying to get my sims to complete a collection as soon as they find one thing from it
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Is there a limit to the number of times one plant can be grafted? I usually limit mine to three or four grafts per plant but I haven't tried more than this as I thought the yield per crop would be very small?

But for the purpose of completing a collection, and for saving space, would it be possible to graft all types of the tree of emotions onto one tree?
    you could technically graft the entire gardening collection onto one plant. it would take time, and only up to 10 different harvestables would show up (with a chance of duplicates)... i usually stick to two or three per plant for this, myself, especially if i intend to use the individual harvestables for things (outdoor retreat plants for 'witch' sims, plasmafruit for vampires and such)

as for the tree of emotions, if it's that tree itself, it will grow all seven berries, no matter which berry you plant. just splicing onto other plants needs a cutting from each of the 7 versions of the tree. you could put them all on one plant yeah, but it'd be a plant that now has a chance to produce 8 different harvestables, so unlikely you'd get all 7 berries and whatever the base plant was per harvest
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Thanks for the info, kalased! Good to know there's a limit of ten harvestables per plant. I always like to complete this collection, but it's very time-consuming to maintain the garden unless I graft them to fewer plants.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    If you wanna graft use sage, this grows all seasons.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2018
    Patches have changed a lot of things since this thread was started.

They patched it so that artifacts keep their authentication when you save the lot and place it in a new game. I haven't tested to see if that patch still works though.

And for sure you can no longer get 10 harvestables per plant with the recent patches. ETA If they were spliced.