Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bird of paradise

My bird of paradise grows but dose not produce any flowers dose anyone have any ideas on what to do

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Darbut wrote: »
    My bird of paradise grows but dose not produce any flowers dose anyone have any ideas on what to do

Is it outside or inside?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I have the same issue, both with two plants I planted from Rare Seeds and one that's a spliced plant. The two I planted seem to have disappeared (not even a mound of earth left), and I brought the spliced plant insde to see if that helps. It seems to be bugged, I think; hope they get it fixed soon since my Sim is trying to complete the Gardening collection.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    mine doesn't either.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DarbutDarbut Posts: 34 Member
    I have both inside and outside
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    others have mentioned this with both the bird of paradise and the orchid. some have mentioned with the spliced plants, if they're lucky, they'll find the flowers in household inventory. the third, rare, result from splices (in this case, bird of paradise) is apparently changed to be extremely rare, though. so there's that. though they seem too rare now, to me. and that's apparently the entire reason the rare seed packet was invented. so people could still get those harvestables

i've got both flowers growing in my main household's garden, and they produce just fine. not many at a time (i believe both get 3 flowers a day, some days just 2). not sure what the deal is and why so many others have problems with them

do you use mods at all? do you have a beehive anywhere near the plants?
  • Options
    I use no mods and I have a bee hive outside and in
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    There is a list of the various plants -http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/

The plant list starts about half way down the page.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Im having the same issue as well. its a splices plant that have the Bird of Paradise in the SECOND place, not the third...its been like a sim-month and still haven't gotten even one bird of paradise!

-Yarden.
  • Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    Splicing plants is like the worst thing and the biggest waste of time ever now.
    I've had a plant spliced to produce orchids for almost two sim years and it has nevr not once given me one. I ended up spending around $100,000 on seed packets to get one.

If you can get the romance festival to coincide with the season the birds of paradise grow in then you can pick them there. thats what i did
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I had several bird of paradise plants in my inventory - I don't know whether my Sim got them as a promotion reward or whether they came from the seed packet that way. In any case, I'm growing an actual bird of paradise plant, not a splice, and it has evolved but still has not produced a single flower. (It's outside, and I'm most of the way through summer - IIRC, it's a spring-summer plant.) Perhaps it's one of those plants that doesn't produce in the first year?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    nervousnervous Posts: 113 Member
    I'm having the same problem...my birds of paradise don't flower at all. I tried it both inside and outside (when it's in season). Also, does anyone else's orchid only produce one a day? I only ever get one orchid each new day and I don't know if this is by design or if it's a bug.
    really though...we need more musical instruments.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Same problem...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I was lucky enough to have both of the rarer flowers in a household stocked up before Seasons, but if those plants do have trouble with actually growing, I may have to keep mine stocked for a lot longer...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    others have mentioned this with both the bird of paradise and the orchid. some have mentioned with the spliced plants, if they're lucky, they'll find the flowers in household inventory. the third, rare, result from splices (in this case, bird of paradise) is apparently changed to be extremely rare, though. so there's that. though they seem too rare now, to me. and that's apparently the entire reason the rare seed packet was invented. so people could still get those harvestables

i've got both flowers growing in my main household's garden, and they produce just fine. not many at a time (i believe both get 3 flowers a day, some days just 2). not sure what the deal is and why so many others have problems with them

do you use mods at all? do you have a beehive anywhere near the plants?

But spending §1000 to maybe get a bird of paradise isn't realistic for a lot of Sims players. I have one spliced plant plus two full Bird of Paradise plants from rare seeds, but haven't gotten a single flower. I've got all my flowers indoors now (built a small conservatory off the back of my house) and still nothing. (Also still need a crocus and a snowdrop.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    nervous wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem...my birds of paradise don't flower at all. I tried it both inside and outside (when it's in season). Also, does anyone else's orchid only produce one a day? I only ever get one orchid each new day and I don't know if this is by design or if it's a bug.

That's better than real life. In real life you are lucky if you get one bloom a year. They are very, very hard to grow a true Orchid.

In my present game my Sim is a new gardener - as they recommended playing the overhaul gardening with a newbie - so I have not got her growing any yet.

In my older save I had a sims that had grown all the plants - but orchid usually just got two or three flowers - usually two and less often then other flowering plants. But in the overhaul they made flowering less as most simmers felt it was too easy to make money in gardening - so I understand flowers were dialed back some in most plants.

It would make more sense for the more exotic plants to flower less and be much more difficult to grow. I know the new patch we just got did fix a few issues with gardening - so maybe it is better now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AkemiAkemi Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > nervous wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having the same problem...my birds of paradise don't flower at all. I tried it both inside and outside (when it's in season). Also, does anyone else's orchid only produce one a day? I only ever get one orchid each new day and I don't know if this is by design or if it's a bug.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's better than real life. In real life you are lucky if you get one bloom a year. They are very, very hard to grow a true Orchid.
    >
    > In my present game my Sim is a new gardener - as they recommended playing the overhaul gardening with a newbie - so I have not got her growing any yet.
    >
    > In my older save I had a sims that had grown all the plants - but orchid usually just got two or three flowers - usually two and less often then other flowering plants. But in the overhaul they made flowering less as most simmers felt it was too easy to make money in gardening - so I understand flowers were dialed back some in most plants.
    >
    > It would make more sense for the more exotic plants to flower less and be much more difficult to grow. I know the new patch we just got did fix a few issues with gardening - so maybe it is better now.

I have the same issue! and I can understand they made that for the realism and to adjust how gardening works, but for instance: my orchids grow like 1-2 per day more or less, and that's okay, it's rare and it's not to be an abundant plant, the issue is having a bird of paradise being evolved and there for a long time, and not have ANY bloom at all. Not even 1 per X days. It just looks like it's bugged.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Akemi Hi. You need to grow this plant from a flower. The grafting doesn't work for this plant and geting the plant from a rare seed packet doesn't produce any flowers either. Only bird of paradise comes from a planted flower. You can find it on a romance festival or I can upload some bird of paradise in a gallery for you if you're interested.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    I finally got all my flowers to grow but unfortunately I had start a new game but right now it worked
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    @Akemi Hi. You need to grow this plant from a flower. The grafting doesn't work for this plant and geting the plant from a rare seed packet doesn't produce any flowers either. Only bird of paradise comes from a planted flower. You can find it on a romance festival or I can upload some bird of paradise in a gallery for you if you're interested.

Thanks - my bird of paradise is now 'perfect' and has gone through five full years (seasons-wise) and has yet to produce a single flower. I started a completely new game when I installed Seasons and grew it from a seed (or rather, plant, since it turns up in the seed packet in the household inventory), but per your post, it's bugged and is never going to flower. I can happily give up on it and move on with my life (or rather, my Sims' life).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @invisiblgirl don't give up and grow it from a flower. It works 100% :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited August 2018
    Here's some tips that might (surprisingly) increase your chances of growing a Bird-of-Paradise:

1) Plant it from a flower, not graft it: You'll have much of a higher chance to get the flower you want, if you know, it's the only thing growing on the plant. Try the Romance Festival from CL during its growing seasons to pick some or plop some down from the Gallery since it's not considered "cheating" if you will.

2) Know the flower's growing season: Birds-of-Paradise are Spring/Summer flowers, and the plants take 36 sims hrs to grow. Take the time to wait patiently during these seasons, for they will not bloom in Fall/Winter.

3) Stay on the lot you planted the flower in for the entire growing seasons: I presume you'll be planting in your home, so you'll probably make your sims homebodies for the entirety of Spring/Summer.

4) Extend the growing season lengths if you have to: If you find you're losing time in your growing season, why not extend the season length so that it has a longer time to grow at least one.

5) Plant way more than one plant as soon as you get more: Obviously it will expand the chances of you getting more flowers if you have more of the same plants, and following the above suggestions, you'll probably get a Bird-of-Paradise eventually. ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I'm downloading a mod to fix mine. This is total rubbish EA! I NEVER asked for this. And no it has nothing to do with it being the wrong season, it's overtuned and broken like crazy. Fix it please as well as the broken Fireleaf bug.
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Hmmm. You can try downloading my ‘Botanical Bakery 2.0’ in my gallery. It has the flower plants in it.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    [quote="SheriGR;c-16698704"]Hmmm. You can try downloading my ‘Botanical Bakery 2.0’ in my gallery. It has the flower plants in it. [/quote] ...Also in my gallery there is a lot called ‘Bayside Home & Greenhouse’ that has the flowers, fruits and veggies. In it there are a few spliced plants. The ones spliced before the seasons expansion produce all. The spliced plants in it that are from after the seasons expansion say they also have cow plant and bonsai seeds but they never grow those. I kept those two hoping they will fix splicing in a patch. Here’s hoping!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top