Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cost Too Much For Land Expending and Rooms

Do any of you have a situation that you have a lot of rooms and you brought enough land sPots to Place them, but when you add another room .. it says ... Not Enough SPACE ~ Need To Buy! ... I have 11 rooms and 7 out of the 11 are used already.

It is crazy that we have to buy for more land sPaces to build and the more rooms we get the higher we have to buy more land and the longer the wait. UGH!... WHY do this to use. We work tooooooo hard to get to each section in the game. Cut us a little slack. Just let us build our house without having to spend sims cash that we work so hard on for expanding our land and then have to buy to a room too.
TTKIncorporated

Comments

• FlapjacqFlapjacq Posts: 12 New Member
    AGREED
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    I haven't cleared all my land, Im at level 40 and only have 7 rooms. I still have 9 more land spaces to clear. I don't buy junk furniture I won't use. I save to get the furniture I want. If I have no room to place the items I buy , I put them in storage and pull them out when I need them or wait until I have enough room to place them. Right now the game only goes to level 40. I have never been "Forced" to buy more rooms or clear land. As you level gets higher you open up more land to clear and more rooms to add "IF" you want to.

I have never spent sim cash to clear my land. You chose to do that if your impatient. Part of the game is building your house slowly. This isn't the PC game. If you want instant house , play the PC game
  • GenzzaGenzza Posts: 14 New Member
    I like the game but what I hate is how they increase the price of the land and the rooms.They should at least set them at a fixed price,would be a whole lot better.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Genzza wrote: »
    I like the game but what I hate is how they increase the price of the land and the rooms.They should at least set them at a fixed price,would be a whole lot better.

@Genzza I get the land thing going up and up but wait till you buy something . Every time you buy an item,if you want another of same item, the price keeps going up and up as far as sim coins go. That I dont like. Why would I need 20 of the same lamp, 20 of the same couch, TV etc. We dont have enough room to own that many items
  • MitsyMitsy Posts: 6 New Member
    Oh, My God! I'm buying Land Expansions now for 22000 plus for each expansion! Each Expansion goes up! It's OutRagious so be aware the higher your level, the more every expansion becomes! Ridiculous!
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    Mitsy wrote: »
    Oh, My God! I'm buying Land Expansions now for 22000 plus for each expansion! Each Expansion goes up! It's OutRagious so be aware the higher your level, the more every expansion becomes! Ridiculous!

Yes, I'm also at the 22.000 mark with my next expansion. I saw on someones YouTube that the last expansion is 100.000 plus simoleons.
  • CuTeandGooFyCuTeandGooFy Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the game and it’s fair to say I’m addicted. However, I think I’ve reached the financial line that I’m not willing to cross with the ridiculous rate of inflation on land alone. If the developer would make improvements and some use a little creativity with player suggestions I would keep spending. I feel like I’m being cheated at this point. If you don’t spend an exorbitant amount, you don’t progress. The smarter thing to do would make it affordable. I’m done spending and not getting any stimulation in return.
  • PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    And they just added these.... llama tickets required and raised the price of land expansion by around 10%
    This game is going to die. They are destroying the experience for people. The cashgrabs are noticeable. Items are too expensive. Rooms are too expensive. Jobs don't give enough at level 10. Everything takes too much time to get even the smallest thing. Money/real money can be spent so quickly in this game... Why is it so hard to make it?
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I agree. EA went too far with the price hikes.
  • KneedlesKneedles Posts: 1 New Member
    Before I updated the game the other day, my next plot of land to clear would cost me a little over 13,000. After I updated it said the next plot of land would cost me over 24,000 PLUS those stupid llama tickets! Almost double the cost
  • lynz4tex0919lynz4tex0919 Posts: 2 New Member
    Ageeed!!! To much RL $$$!!! Just like any free to download game. They can’t make money off it unless they charge us. I could of bought seasons or a couple stuff packs. Didn’t realize everything just keeps getting more expensive. Can’t even play your whole family unless you want to go broke. VERY UNHAPPY!!!
  • LungALungA Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello EA, hello Simmers...

This new update has everything literally expensive now. I love designing my house but now even a simple speaker costs 20K simoleons. As for the land, my next clearance was just 6K simoleons, now it is 22K. No guys may you please be reasonable with the prices - this is kind of like too much for the game.
  • GatsbyGatsby Posts: 3 New Member
    I agree but am even more outraged to find that creating a character is now 10 green heirlooms. Is outrageous. It should be the regular currency or you’re losing the ability to improve your characters. 10 is outrageous. Anything over three is too high.
    [quote="Gatsby;c-16701282"]I agree but am even more outraged to find that creating a character is now 10 green heirlooms. Is outrageous. It should be the regular currency or you’re losing the ability to improve your characters. 10 is outrageous. Anything over three is too high. [/quote]

Yeah I had no idea about this until I saw another thread a couple minutes ago at this point I don't even know what to say hahahahahah this is utterly ridiculous. The more you find out... EA is laughing their way to the bank at this point straight up lol. Y'all gotta stop spending money on this game until they come to their senses. This is straight up taking advantage of their players.

On a side note, I came here to say that I finished the limited time quest for the rocket science career. Got the rocket. Can't access the career, even after I switched my sim working as the marine biologist to a different career. Nice. Wasted 3 days on that lmao. Got a boring rocket statue that doesn't even light up like the wall fish.

At this point I don't have words.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2018
    I accidentally clicked one of those that I didn't want to expand and instantly had 22000 Simoleon less :(

@Poumbi I think you have to buy the telescope at the science lab first to access the career. Was a little bit confusing for me too, but now I got it.
    a256aFi.gif
  • floraboraamorfloraboraamor Posts: 9 New Member
    i agree the inflation prices on land, clothing, furniture etc is to high. if they raise these pricee should the pay for jobs not increase as well? what do we do with all these cake pieces from parties why cant they be used like cupcakes which are now harder to get one. i worked hard to get the astronount career only to relize it was over 3000 for the telescope to start the career! not happy.
  • Gamer_LKMGamer_LKM Posts: 2 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > I haven't cleared all my land, Im at level 40 and only have 7 rooms. I still have 9 more land spaces to clear. I don't buy junk furniture I won't use. I save to get the furniture I want. If I have no room to place the items I buy , I put them in storage and pull them out when I need them or wait until I have enough room to place them. Right now the game only goes to level 40. I have never been "Forced" to buy more rooms or clear land. As you level gets higher you open up more land to clear and more rooms to add "IF" you want to.
    >
    > I have never spent sim cash to clear my land. You chose to do that if your impatient. Part of the game is building your house slowly. This isn't the PC game. If you want instant house , play the PC game

Of course we WANT land there is no need to be rude in your reply... everyone agrees this game cost to much whether it is real money or sim money.
    We ain't FORCED to buy more land no but having a big house is what is fun about the game instead of them giving us the opportunity to buy 10 of the same toilets / showers they should give us cheaper land extensions... 20k plus to just open land and then a fortune for a room it's self PLUS llama token things is ridiculous.
  • GodivaDayGodivaDay Posts: 10 New Member
    I agree, land expansion is too expensive and once you clear a lot, then you have to earn too much to build. Create an event that will clear a lot or build a room. " Keeping up with the Jones family". You Sims work and earn extra to expand.
  • PlutjenPlutjen Posts: 1 New Member
    I used to love this game, but because of the outrageous increases in the cost of land expansion, I have completely lost interest. I don't want to spend day after day clicking on stars till my hands get numb trying to get enough Simoleons to buy the next plot of land or piece of furniture. There's just no incentive when the prices skyrocket & it takes forever to get anything...& I refuse to pay up to get things faster. Nope I'm hanging it up & giving my thumbs a rest. 👎 It was fun while it lasted. It's just too bad EA doesn't want to listen to the comments & complaints of their players.
  • Patience07Patience07 Posts: 2 New Member
    AGREE on land expansion too expensive!
  • OribaOriba Posts: 41 Member
    I agree totally! Prices are way too high!