Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Littlemouse0812Littlemouse0812 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! So my game updated yesterday when I went to play it. I had a couple of mods installed at the time - Basemental drugs, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and MCCC. When I loaded the game my lot was completely empty, and my sims were just stood outside looking confused. I thought it might be the mod clash with the new update so I removed all the mods from the folder, disallowed the mods and then reloaded- same problem, hadn't been fixed.

I patched the game, it then seemed to work, I readded in MCCC and decided to leave it at that and go back to playing a different save, which worked. All fine and dandy for that evening (even when I reloaded it a couple of times).

I went to play today, and my lot had just poofed. My sims are all standing outside the gym in San Myushino looking confused and theres a patch of grass where the skyscraper should be.

I thought, I'll go through the same process again, see what happens. Disallowed mods, removed MCCC, nothing. Repaired the game via Origin, still not working. MCCC doesnt have an update on its site. I tried removing the whole sims folder, starting a new game (which works fine) then dragging the save back into the folder and it still wasnt working. So I removed the entire EA folder, and then created a new game, new sim (which worked). Added the old save back in, it still had the same problem, so I rolled it back to a previous save and it worked, then allowed mods back in and it worked even with MCCC. It worked for a few hours but then my pet got sick so tried to take them to hospital, now the vets isn't loading, neither is any other lot in Brindleton on that save, even when I remove MCCC and disallow mods (then the parents die as I've adjusted the elder length in MCCC). So I have NO idea what is going on. I dont really want to start a new game as this is my legacy save and i'm like 2 generations in! Anyone else having the same problems with the new update? I'm reticent to say that it's the mod as it's still doing it even when I disallow them.
    Hi! So my game updated yesterday when I went to play it. I had a couple of mods installed at the time - Basemental drugs, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and MCCC. When I loaded the game my lot was completely empty, and my sims were just stood outside looking confused. I thought it might be the mod clash with the new update so I removed all the mods from the folder, disallowed the mods and then reloaded- same problem, hadn't been fixed.

I patched the game, it then seemed to work, I readded in MCCC and decided to leave it at that and go back to playing a different save, which worked. All fine and dandy for that evening (even when I reloaded it a couple of times).

I went to play today, and my lot had just poofed. My sims are all standing outside the gym in San Myushino looking confused and theres a patch of grass where the skyscraper should be.

I thought, I'll go through the same process again, see what happens. Disallowed mods, removed MCCC, nothing. Repaired the game via Origin, still not working. MCCC doesnt have an update on its site. I tried removing the whole sims folder, starting a new game (which works fine) then dragging the save back into the folder and it still wasnt working. So I removed the entire EA folder, and then created a new game, new sim (which worked). Added the old save back in, it still had the same problem, so I rolled it back to a previous save and it worked, then allowed mods back in and it worked even with MCCC. It worked for a few hours but then my pet got sick so tried to take them to hospital, now the vets isn't loading, neither is any other lot in Brindleton on that save, even when I remove MCCC and disallow mods (then the parents die as I've adjusted the elder length in MCCC). So I have NO idea what is going on. I dont really want to start a new game as this is my legacy save and i'm like 2 generations in! Anyone else having the same problems with the new update? I'm reticent to say that it's the mod as it's still doing it even when I disallow them.
  • simsacrificersimsacrificer Posts: 8 New Member
    Did the required update after not playing sims for a week or so. I opened it up, enabled mods like you do once an update is done, and now....my game doesn't open. The EA symbol pops up, and then the whole thing just closes and I'm back to origin. Every update there's a problem, and it's not like I can just play my game without updating it because it forces you to update. This is ridiculous, now my game doesn't work at all, I can't even open it.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Some mods are incompatible and need updating. The idea of the mod being disabled is actually that you check your mods before enabling them again. It's to make sure incompatible mods don't blow up your game.

Every patch can have changes that make a mod incompatible with the game.

Road to Fame and another not to be named mod are currently causing crash on load if you don't get the newest version or remove (not sure if they have been updated yet).

If you don't want to update, turn off automatic Updates in Origin and play offline after patch day until your mods are updated.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Update- did a screening and found what i believe to be the problem, because my game started up. However, now when i try to play I see that only my script mods work, and not the rest of my custom content. None of my custom content is showing up other than script mods. It doesn't it show me my custom content on the startup thing when i open the game. How do I fix this?
    Update Update- aaaaand now after closing my game because of this problem it's back to not opening at all. Great.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member

Hello @Littlemouse0812
    I am sorry but you may need to start a new save :( Your current save game may be broken. Try testing again by starting a new save game and see if issues arise in that new save game.
    You can save your sims and their homes to yout library and place them into a new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.
    Update Update- aaaaand now after closing my game because of this problem it's back to not opening at all. Great.

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Littlemouse0812 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! So my game updated yesterday when I went to play it. I had a couple of mods installed at the time - Basemental drugs, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and MCCC. When I loaded the game my lot was completely empty, and my sims were just stood outside looking confused. I thought it might be the mod clash with the new update so I removed all the mods from the folder, disallowed the mods and then reloaded- same problem, hadn't been fixed.
    >
    > I patched the game, it then seemed to work, I readded in MCCC and decided to leave it at that and go back to playing a different save, which worked. All fine and dandy for that evening (even when I reloaded it a couple of times).
    >
    > I went to play today, and my lot had just poofed. My sims are all standing outside the gym in San Myushino looking confused and theres a patch of grass where the skyscraper should be.
    >
    > I thought, I'll go through the same process again, see what happens. Disallowed mods, removed MCCC, nothing. Repaired the game via Origin, still not working. MCCC doesnt have an update on its site. I tried removing the whole sims folder, starting a new game (which works fine) then dragging the save back into the folder and it still wasnt working. So I removed the entire EA folder, and then created a new game, new sim (which worked). Added the old save back in, it still had the same problem, so I rolled it back to a previous save and it worked, then allowed mods back in and it worked even with MCCC. It worked for a few hours but then my pet got sick so tried to take them to hospital, now the vets isn't loading, neither is any other lot in Brindleton on that save, even when I remove MCCC and disallow mods (then the parents die as I've adjusted the elder length in MCCC). So I have NO idea what is going on. I dont really want to start a new game as this is my legacy save and i'm like 2 generations in! Anyone else having the same problems with the new update? I'm reticent to say that it's the mod as it's still doing it even when I disallow them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Littlemouse0812
    > I am sorry but you may need to start a new save :( Your current save game may be broken. Try testing again by starting a new save game and see if issues arise in that new save game.
    > You can save your sims and their homes to yout library and place them into a new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.

Aww crap.

What I might do, actually, is group my entire family back into one household, then save them in the library and then start a new game. That might work.

If not, AAARGHHH

Thanks so much for your help, it's so frustrating! I've learned to disable automatic updating. Bugger.
    > @rosemow said:
    > simsacrificer wrote: »
    >
    > Update Update- aaaaand now after closing my game because of this problem it's back to not opening at all. Great.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

What about the problem where when I do start up my game after removing a couple things, all my custom content is gone? Like only my script mods seem to be working, while all my custom content doesn't show up, at all.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Littlemouse0812 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! So my game updated yesterday when I went to play it. I had a couple of mods installed at the time - Basemental drugs, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and MCCC. When I loaded the game my lot was completely empty, and my sims were just stood outside looking confused. I thought it might be the mod clash with the new update so I removed all the mods from the folder, disallowed the mods and then reloaded- same problem, hadn't been fixed.
    >
    > I patched the game, it then seemed to work, I readded in MCCC and decided to leave it at that and go back to playing a different save, which worked. All fine and dandy for that evening (even when I reloaded it a couple of times).
    >
    > I went to play today, and my lot had just poofed. My sims are all standing outside the gym in San Myushino looking confused and theres a patch of grass where the skyscraper should be.
    >
    > I thought, I'll go through the same process again, see what happens. Disallowed mods, removed MCCC, nothing. Repaired the game via Origin, still not working. MCCC doesnt have an update on its site. I tried removing the whole sims folder, starting a new game (which works fine) then dragging the save back into the folder and it still wasnt working. So I removed the entire EA folder, and then created a new game, new sim (which worked). Added the old save back in, it still had the same problem, so I rolled it back to a previous save and it worked, then allowed mods back in and it worked even with MCCC. It worked for a few hours but then my pet got sick so tried to take them to hospital, now the vets isn't loading, neither is any other lot in Brindleton on that save, even when I remove MCCC and disallow mods (then the parents die as I've adjusted the elder length in MCCC). So I have NO idea what is going on. I dont really want to start a new game as this is my legacy save and i'm like 2 generations in! Anyone else having the same problems with the new update? I'm reticent to say that it's the mod as it's still doing it even when I disallow them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Littlemouse0812
    > I am sorry but you may need to start a new save :( Your current save game may be broken. Try testing again by starting a new save game and see if issues arise in that new save game.
    > You can save your sims and their homes to yout library and place them into a new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.

Aww plum.

What I might do, actually, is group my entire family back into one household, then save them in the library and then start a new game. That might work.

If not, AAARGHHH

Thanks so much for your help, it's so frustrating! I've learned to disable automatic updating. Bugger.

You’re welcome. I am sorry that you have had this issue :(
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Update Update- aaaaand now after closing my game because of this problem it's back to not opening at all. Great.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

What about the problem where when I do start up my game after removing a couple things, all my custom content is gone? Like only my script mods seem to be working, while all my custom content doesn't show up, at all.

Hello
    After moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, and loading the game, then exiting the game, is a new mods folder generated ?

Also go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > simsacrificer wrote: »
    > >
    > > Update Update- aaaaand now after closing my game because of this problem it's back to not opening at all. Great.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    >
    > What about the problem where when I do start up my game after removing a couple things, all my custom content is gone? Like only my script mods seem to be working, while all my custom content doesn't show up, at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > After moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, and loading the game, then exiting the game, is a new mods folder generated ?
    >
    > Also go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    > Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods.

After trying a few things recommended by you in this thread, I was able to fix the problem. I had to remove my mods folder and put it on my desktop and then transfer my mods to the new folder sims4 generated. Thank you! The mod that was preventing my game from opening ended up being the brutal violence beta mod, for anyone who may be having similar issues definitely look into that one.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > simsacrificer wrote: »
    > >
    > > Update Update- aaaaand now after closing my game because of this problem it's back to not opening at all. Great.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    >
    > What about the problem where when I do start up my game after removing a couple things, all my custom content is gone? Like only my script mods seem to be working, while all my custom content doesn't show up, at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > After moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, and loading the game, then exiting the game, is a new mods folder generated ?
    >
    > Also go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    > Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods.

After trying a few things recommended by you in this thread, I was able to fix the problem. I had to remove my mods folder and put it on my desktop and then transfer my mods to the new folder sims4 generated. Thank you! The mod that was preventing my game from opening ended up being the brutal violence beta mod, for anyone who may be having similar issues definitely look into that one.

You’re welcome :)
  • EmiLavalleeEmiLavallee Posts: 1 New Member
    I have updated my game to get the new 8/16/18 patch content and it's not showing up. No new furniture, no new hairstyles, nothing. I've done a repair on my game and checked it like, six times to make sure it was fully updated and still nothing. Please help, I was really looking forward to the new Carribean content!
    I have updated my game to get the new 8/16/18 patch content and it's not showing up. No new furniture, no new hairstyles, nothing. I've done a repair on my game and checked it like, six times to make sure it was fully updated and still nothing. Please help, I was really looking forward to the new Carribean content!

Hello @EmiLavallee
    Try searching by the names of the new items and see if you can find them then . Type into the search bar in build mode the names of the items
    Try looking in the miscellaneous section of decorations for the ceiling fan and it should be there.
    It is called Dizzy Palms Ceiling Fan.

The names of the other items are found in the slide show at the bottom of this linked article
    https://simsvip.com/2018/08/16/the-sims-4-new-free-content-added-to-the-game-overview/
  • Stephxo96Stephxo96 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! Hope everyone’s day was great today.

I have been having this issue for the last week; hopefully someone could help.

Everytime I open up a saved game on Sims 4 and it finally loads, and I tell my sims to go do something, they cancel the action. Then they wave their hands with that thought bubble which shows they can’t do the action I am telling them to. Also when I open the game from where I left off—let’s say the sims were sleeping—they’re suddenly out of bed and are just standing still.

Typically how I fix this is by evicting them from the house and then moving them back in, but I find it very annoying to do that. Also I get the annoying “welcome wagon” later on because the game is registering it as I’ve just moved this family onto the lot.

I have mods and CC installed.

Anyone know what I should do? This has been happening prior to the patch on August 16th.
  • PiratesFlagPiratesFlag Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone!! Unfortunately I do not have any images of the issue but my friend is quite interested in downloading cc. She's watched youtube videos and has tried to do it herself but when she downloads the things she likes, it shows up with the sims 4 icon and upon double clicking it, it opens the game and the content is not in it. I've tried to fix it but I simply don't know how. She's downloaded WinRAR and we have tried extracting the files but it says there is nothing to be extracted. This is probably all over the place but its the best I could explain it. I've never had this issue while downloading cc. Could it be a problem with her laptop?
    Stephxo96 wrote: »
    Hello! Hope everyone’s day was great today.

I have been having this issue for the last week; hopefully someone could help.

Everytime I open up a saved game on Sims 4 and it finally loads, and I tell my sims to go do something, they cancel the action. Then they wave their hands with that thought bubble which shows they can’t do the action I am telling them to. Also when I open the game from where I left off—let’s say the sims were sleeping—they’re suddenly out of bed and are just standing still.

Typically how I fix this is by evicting them from the house and then moving them back in, but I find it very annoying to do that. Also I get the annoying “welcome wagon” later on because the game is registering it as I’ve just moved this family onto the lot.

I have mods and CC installed.

Anyone know what I should do? This has been happening prior to the patch on August 16th.

Hello @Stephxo96
    With your second issue, you may like to post on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Family-Sims-wake-up-when-i-leave-the-residential-lot/m-p/6802708#M62496

With your first issue, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    edited August 2018
    Hey everyone!! Unfortunately I do not have any images of the issue but my friend is quite interested in downloading cc. She's watched youtube videos and has tried to do it herself but when she downloads the things she likes, it shows up with the sims 4 icon and upon double clicking it, it opens the game and the content is not in it. I've tried to fix it but I simply don't know how. She's downloaded WinRAR and we have tried extracting the files but it says there is nothing to be extracted. This is probably all over the place but its the best I could explain it. I've never had this issue while downloading cc. Could it be a problem with her laptop?
    Hello @PiratesFlag
    What is the ending on the cc files that she has downloaded ?
  • AsheEllwoodAsheEllwood Posts: 31 Member
    Ok, I had a weird one. I loaded up to play and had several households that were randomly moved into homes in various neighborhoods (I have "fill empty households" turned off and have for a LONG time), and some households were even combined for no reason - I had moved all my game-generated aliens in a placeholder household so I can keep up with them until I want to use them somewhere, and another one where I have grouped my maid/gardener/repair together. My gardener service guy was randomly living with the aliens in the big glass penthouse in San Myshuno. Several of these unplayed household seem to have been split, redistributed, and housed this way. I did NOT do any of this manually, and this only seems to be an issue with unplayed and homeless households. The only unplayed households that do not seem to have been affected are the ones that Maxis has written a story for (Caliente, Goth, Delgato, Feng, etc) and are still housed where the developers put them.
    Ok, I had a weird one. I loaded up to play and had several households that were randomly moved into homes in various neighborhoods (I have "fill empty households" turned off and have for a LONG time), and some households were even combined for no reason - I had moved all my game-generated aliens in a placeholder household so I can keep up with them until I want to use them somewhere, and another one where I have grouped my maid/gardener/repair together. My gardener service guy was randomly living with the aliens in the big glass penthouse in San Myshuno. Several of these unplayed household seem to have been split, redistributed, and housed this way. I did NOT do any of this manually, and this only seems to be an issue with unplayed and homeless households. The only unplayed households that do not seem to have been affected are the ones that Maxis has written a story for (Caliente, Goth, Delgato, Feng, etc) and are still housed where the developers put them.

Hello @AsheEllwood
    Try coming completely out of the game without saving. Then reload the game and test to see if the same issues are there when you load your save game.
    If the issues remain, try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
    > @rosemow said:
    > AsheEllwood wrote: »
    >
    > Ok, I had a weird one. I loaded up to play and had several households that were randomly moved into homes in various neighborhoods (I have "fill empty households" turned off and have for a LONG time), and some households were even combined for no reason - I had moved all my game-generated aliens in a placeholder household so I can keep up with them until I want to use them somewhere, and another one where I have grouped my maid/gardener/repair together. My gardener service guy was randomly living with the aliens in the big glass penthouse in San Myshuno. Several of these unplayed household seem to have been split, redistributed, and housed this way. I did NOT do any of this manually, and this only seems to be an issue with unplayed and homeless households. The only unplayed households that do not seem to have been affected are the ones that Maxis has written a story for (Caliente, Goth, Delgato, Feng, etc) and are still housed where the developers put them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @AsheEllwood
    > Try coming completely out of the game without saving. Then reload the game and test to see if the same issues are there when you load your save game.
    > If the issues remain, try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Well plum, I had already started manually fixing everything and had saved a few times. :\ I will keep this in mind in case the issue repeats itself. Thanks for responding.
    > @rosemow said:
    > AsheEllwood wrote: »
    >
    > Ok, I had a weird one. I loaded up to play and had several households that were randomly moved into homes in various neighborhoods (I have "fill empty households" turned off and have for a LONG time), and some households were even combined for no reason - I had moved all my game-generated aliens in a placeholder household so I can keep up with them until I want to use them somewhere, and another one where I have grouped my maid/gardener/repair together. My gardener service guy was randomly living with the aliens in the big glass penthouse in San Myshuno. Several of these unplayed household seem to have been split, redistributed, and housed this way. I did NOT do any of this manually, and this only seems to be an issue with unplayed and homeless households. The only unplayed households that do not seem to have been affected are the ones that Maxis has written a story for (Caliente, Goth, Delgato, Feng, etc) and are still housed where the developers put them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @AsheEllwood
    > Try coming completely out of the game without saving. Then reload the game and test to see if the same issues are there when you load your save game.
    > If the issues remain, try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Well plum, I had already started manually fixing everything and had saved a few times. :\ I will keep this in mind in case the issue repeats itself. Thanks for responding.

You’re welcome. I am sorry that you had this issue.
    > @rosemow said:>
    > You’re welcome. I am sorry that you had this issue.

Aaand, double plum, I just realized it had to do with MCCC. *headdesk*