Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

glitch with sim at work

hi my game is keeping my sims at work longer than they shoud be for instance my sim should finish work at 5pm comes back at like 11pm-3am i have all packs and expansions

Comments

• irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    have you tried having the sim use the "leave work early" option when they overstay at work?
  • harmonyishereharmonyishere Posts: 31 Member
    yes they come home with me doing that
    the next question is the usual question: do you have mods in your game? if you have job related mods, have you removed them and restarted the game without them?
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    This happened to me too. No mods or CC. Everyone went to work, and just stayed there the entire sim day until the next day. Which was weird, I thought it was just a one time glitch since it only happened that once. I haven’t been playing for a while since then though because my sims don’t talk to each other. I’m waiting on tomorrow’s patch to see if it’ll help.
    buhlynnduh wrote: »
    This happened to me too. No mods or CC. Everyone went to work, and just stayed there the entire sim day until the next day. Which was weird, I thought it was just a one time glitch since it only happened that once. I haven’t been playing for a while since then though because my sims don’t talk to each other. I’m waiting on tomorrow’s patch to see if it’ll help.

wow! that's very interesting. did it occur after any specific update or pack?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello
    It is best to use the “ leave work early” option when this occurs. If it continues to occur, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    irishfino wrote: »

Ummmm. Maybe the July 31st patch. Definitely after Seasons.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited August 2018

Hello
    If it occurs again, it may be best to try using the “ leave work “ early interraction to bring them home.

have you tried it since the patch yesterday (8/16)?