Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I run sims 4 on this laptop?

124...Next

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @nikkih your welcome. I don't know with that video card. It's a new card and below recommended requirements. I have not seen anyone post that specific card and how it runs the game or which ep's it will run. You may be fine but if they add more powerful ep's later on you could run into issues with that card. I do know if you have a 1050, 1050 ti or 1060 card , they all meet requirements and you should not have an issue adding more and more to this game.

you can't upgrade a laptop processor or video card. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If you run into issues with that video card now or down the line, you can't change it and would need a new computer to continue playing. Why we advise if you buy a laptop it meets recommended requirements so you don't have issues running the game no matter which eps, packs gps, you add.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I will test the base game out if it doesn't work, it will be in my origin library for the future when this laptop has broken down ,next time I will be getting a desktop these games are far too demanding its burning a hole in my pocket it's unbelievable , in the meantime if it doesnt I will be sticking to the sims 3 , I should be flying through that no problem anyways
    @Nikkih The sims 3 has same requirements as the sims 4 though the games are programmed differently. The sims3 is also complete where the sims 4 is not. if I'm not mistaken someone did post and may have had issues with the 150 card but you might want to double check with user igazor in the sims 3 section
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Okay thank you , I will check it out the now :smile: @phoebebebe13
    @Nikkih your welcome. If TS3 does have issues with the 150 card, if you can return that laptop and get something better , i would.
  • dyedye15dyedye15 Posts: 4 New Member
    I thinking of being a laptop which is:
    Lenovo IdeaPad 330 15.6 Inch AMD A6 4GB 1TB Laptop would I be able to play the sims 4 with all expansion packs, pack stuff, cc and mods.
    dyedye15 wrote: »
    I thinking of being a laptop which is:
    Lenovo IdeaPad 330 15.6 Inch AMD A6 4GB 1TB Laptop would I be able to play the sims 4 with all expansion packs, pack stuff, cc and mods.

@dyedye15 this does not meet requirements . You need a gaming laptop hardware or gaming desktop hardware for this game
  • dyedye15dyedye15 Posts: 4 New Member
    I thinking of buying this laptop: Lenovo ideapad 320s would I be able to play the Sims & with all expansions pack, some stuff packs, cc and mods. The specs are:

Processor: AMD® A6-9220
    Memory: 4GB (DDR4)
    Storage: 1TB HDD
    Graphics: AMD® Integrated Graphics
    dyedye15 wrote: »
    I thinking of buying this laptop: Lenovo ideapad 320s would I be able to play the Sims & with all expansions pack, some stuff packs, cc and mods. The specs are:

Processor: AMD® A6-9220
    Memory: 4GB (DDR4)
    Storage: 1TB HDD
    Graphics: AMD® Integrated Graphics

This does not meet requirements

You need a laptop with specs below

Video card Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti , or 1060

Processor Intel i5 or i7 quad core for gaming. This processors with end in HQ, MQ or H after the processor series number

8 gb computer ram

at least 500 gb hard drive space or more.
  • Jules_bJules_b Posts: 9 New Member
    So a few months back, Origin logged me out. I tried putting in my email and password for origin, but at the time I couldn't remember it so, it said my credentials were incorrect/expired. So I couldn't play sims 4 or sims 3, so I uninstalled them both, including origin since I couldn't use them anymore. I want to get sims4 again because it's on sale. Could I re install it or should I buy a new game? My main concern is if I'll have my expansions if I log into my correct acc?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Jules_b wrote: »
    So a few months back, Origin logged me out. I tried putting in my email and password for origin, but at the time I couldn't remember it so, it said my credentials were incorrect/expired. So I couldn't play sims 4 or sims 3, so I uninstalled them both, including origin since I couldn't use them anymore. I want to get sims4 again because it's on sale. Could I re install it or should I buy a new game? My main concern is if I'll have my expansions if I log into my correct acc?
    Waste of money to purchase the game again. EA reps should be able to help you recover the account. Go to the Origin Help page. At the top select Contact Us and you'll have the options to talk to someone via phone or live chat.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/