Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems accessing the gallery.

I get a message saying I am offline when I am online and getting a bunch of wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww on the tabs. When I click on them I cannot access anything. It's all wonky.
Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    There are sometimes issues with accessing the gallery at times. Try coming completely out of the gsme, then reload the game and see if you can access it then. If the issue remains, try accessing it a little later on.
    Just to make sure that your cc/mods aren’t causing issues, try moving your mods folder to the desktop, then load the game and test to see if the issues remain,
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I will do that thanks :)
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I haven't been able to access the gallery for several days. All I see is the green background page with no content on it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    I haven't been able to access the gallery for several days. All I see is the green background page with no content on it.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    @rosemow Thanks, but I'm not trying to get to it in game. I'm trying to directly access the gallery from the Internet. If I Google Sims 4 gallery and click on the link that comes up all I get is the green background page. If I refresh the page there will be a flash of something but it goes back to the green page. I'm not having a problem accessing any other site or page.

Origin is not open, nor is the game. I just wanted to browse. No mods but I'll try deleting the cache.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    @rosemow Thanks, but I'm not trying to get to it in game. I'm trying to directly access the gallery from the Internet. If I Google Sims 4 gallery and click on the link that comes up all I get is the green background page. If I refresh the page there will be a flash of something but it goes back to the green page. I'm not having a problem accessing any other site or page.

Origin is not open, nor is the game. I just wanted to browse. No mods but I'll try deleting the cache.

Hello @PHOEBESMOM601
    Try seeing if you can access it using this link
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=50&maxis=false
    @rosemow All I see is the green background page.
    @rosemow All I see is the green background page.

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( Try using a different browser and see if that helps the issue.
  • jgizmo22jgizmo22 Posts: 245 Member
    My issue with the gallery is that when saving my own stuff or even trying to download from my own page to go in game such as lots, the game sits there as if it is working on it, but it doesnt DO anything. I have had to close out of my game several times and go back in just to make sure but I am getting the same results. The gallery update.. i dont know what it did.. but if it aint broke.. dont fix it... help!!
    jgizmo22 wrote: »
    My issue with the gallery is that when saving my own stuff or even trying to download from my own page to go in game such as lots, the game sits there as if it is working on it, but it doesnt DO anything. I have had to close out of my game several times and go back in just to make sure but I am getting the same results. The gallery update.. i dont know what it did.. but if it aint broke.. dont fix it... help!!

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.
    If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , it would be best to remove the mod and download/install the updated version that has been released since the patch.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.
    If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , it would be best to remove the mod and download/install the updated version that has been released since the patch.

Hi there! thanks for the help but I dont use mod's in my game. I dont download from the gallery for the reason of Mod's. I Just stick to my own builds and creations. If I do download someone elese I am very careful they do not have mods. But Ill try it and see if it works!!! :)

Hello

So sadly enough, I deleted my mod's folder after taking it out and on to my desk top. Still having the same issue with the Gallery. When I want to download my own creation in to my library it just stays on the freezerbunny with the plumbob. When I just try to download it in to the game period it just stays on the circle thing like it is doing something but in the end does nothing.... #RaisesWhiteFlag.

Hello

Hi there! thanks for the help but I dont use mod's in my game. I dont download from the gallery for the reason of Mod's. I Just stick to my own builds and creations. If I do download someone elese I am very careful they do not have mods. But Ill try it and see if it works!!! :)

Cc shouldn’t transfer through the Gallery.
    I am sorry that you are having the saving and downloading issues :( Perhaps after the upcoming patch, the issues may be fixed for you.

Hello

I am sorry that you are having the saving and downloading issues :( Perhaps after the upcoming patch, the issues may be fixed for you.

i am hopeful!! Good luck to everyone else as well that is having issues!!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member

Hello

i am hopeful!! Good luck to everyone else as well that is having issues!!

Do you have any script mods? It could be something as simple as a duplicate mod too. Make sure they are up to date. Your CC, build and buy items are going to be the last thing you need to worry about. Even though I had the latest MCCC I still uninstalled and reinstalled the new version. I slowly added everything back to see if would let me access the gallery.

Good luck finding the culprit to causing The Gallery not to work right for you.

@rosemow thanks for the advice it really helped out. I uninstalled everything that wasn't CC and reinstalled everything else slowly.