Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game won't load after Season's instalment + Seasons update.

2...Next

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Did you try moving your Sims 4 to your Desktop to allow your game to generate a new one? If not try that, but do not delete your old Sims 4 folder so you can add your saved games back.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • trinitythesimmertrinitythesimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't even have seasons and my game is doing the same thing, I can load up a game or create a new game and I'm taken to manage worlds but when I actually click on a household I get stuck on an endless loading screen.
    edited June 2018
    Did you patch the game recently?
  • Layla122Layla122 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Keito_Harajuku said:
    > Tremayne4260 wrote: »
    >
    > It is the Mods and CC that are causing problems in your game as many have yet to be updated for Seasons. Please remove all Mods/CC until you can confirm which Mods are updated and work with Seasons and the same with CC. Also note that some Mods will never be updated to work with Seasons and you may have to remove those entirely.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I tested my game without my CC/mods and it is still only allowing me to get into CAS and the loading screens. So I don't think it's just mods...

Same with me!
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > @Layla122, afraid it will be a manual process to eliminate bad CC. What you'll need to do is add a few pieces of CC back at a time. I color code mine so I know what I just recently added and can then eliminate the bad CC quickly. I add back only 10 items at a time personally. You can add more if you wish, but know that it will just make it harder to remove the bad CC. Once I add in the "new" CC, I start up my game and see if works properly. If it does then I can un-color the good CC and move on to next batch. If I find that the game isn't working when I add in the CC, I move out half of the "bad" batch. Start the game up, see if those are ok, if they are un-color that batch and then I can either add back in CC one at a time until I can eliminate the bad piece. Keep at this until you have gone through all your CC to remove the bad pieces. Sorry there isn't more good news, but I rarely play Sims 4 with a bunch of CC installed. I have maybe less then 50 all together.

yikes, that sucks. i have over 1000 pieces of cc.
    > @Layla122 said:
    > > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > > @Layla122, afraid it will be a manual process to eliminate bad CC. What you'll need to do is add a few pieces of CC back at a time. I color code mine so I know what I just recently added and can then eliminate the bad CC quickly. I add back only 10 items at a time personally. You can add more if you wish, but know that it will just make it harder to remove the bad CC. Once I add in the "new" CC, I start up my game and see if works properly. If it does then I can un-color the good CC and move on to next batch. If I find that the game isn't working when I add in the CC, I move out half of the "bad" batch. Start the game up, see if those are ok, if they are un-color that batch and then I can either add back in CC one at a time until I can eliminate the bad piece. Keep at this until you have gone through all your CC to remove the bad pieces. Sorry there isn't more good news, but I rarely play Sims 4 with a bunch of CC installed. I have maybe less then 50 all together.
    >
    > yikes, that plum. i have over 1000 pieces of cc.

*sucks
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Try clicking repair on origin and then clear all CC and try changing the setting to Windowed Fullscreen
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have no mods, cc or moo and the game loads and plays fine so far with all packs loaded. The loading screen does last longer but that is only natural with more content to load. There are the usual things that need patching but I think most are having problems by having a lower spec. PC or Mac or left over bits of mods and cc are still affecting play even though the mods and cc are left out on installation.

Has anyone who is having problems, patched to the June 26 patch? If you have, please respond.
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Has anyone who is having problems, patched to the June 26 patch? If you have, please respond.
    Yes, I am. I tried the mods again and it didn't work.

• amberbaez1981amberbaez1981 Posts: 1 New Member
    mine is also doing the same how can i no which mods work with the new update
    Here are the instructions on what to do and it includes a link to which mods are not working with Seasons and must be removed.
  • ROSEBRIAR42ROSEBRIAR42 Posts: 12 New Member
    Same, I removed all my mods and CC and I still can't play at all. I either get sent back to the world selection screen or I get error code:ff495b5:e82be880 failed to load. Please relaunch the game. Relaunching doesn't work. I even contacted EA support which was no help.
    Did you try removing your Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and restarting the game and allowing a new Sims 4 folder to generate? If not, try that but DO NOT DELETE your Sims 4 folder on the Desktop.

• xkyralizziexkyralizzie Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm really struggling with my seasons update. It says it's changing seasons but the weather won't change, it's always a warm temperature. Anybody know what to do??? My sims have lived in both Oasis Springs and Windenburg.
  • bethlyonbethlyon Posts: 1 New Member
    The same thing is happening to me, and there's lots of people saying about MC Command Center, which I think is a good answer. And I just have an Idea that I don't know if that's the problem but, maybe I added Seasons while my mod folder was full of my CC?! I'm not too sure though... It loads CAS perfectly fine, but it stays on the load screen forever as well. I'll check out the forums if bad CC first though.
    @xkyralizzie and @bethlyon, you really didn't give us much information about which kind of Macs you are playing on nor if you had tried the suggestions and solutions presented in other threads in this section.

I'll be honest with both of you and tell you that outdated Mods and CC cause most of the problems for Sims 4. Did you try moving your Sims 4 folder to your Desktop? If you have not done so, please try that now and report back here. Instructions for doing so are one of the stickied threads.
  • yee_simsyee_sims Posts: 2 New Member
    does anyone know if it's fixed yet? or will i have to redownload all cc and script mods
  • MeandBijouMeandBijou Posts: 2 New Member
    i downloaded seasons (i didn't have any cc in the game at the time) and then once i bought it i pressed the download button and it never downloaded. i thought it was a glitch or something then i opened the sims 4 then it said "you do not own this item". and then i went to my game library and clicked the sims 4 and i went expansion packs and i went to seasons and it said "buy for $39.99" i was like huh. then i clicked on it then said "i already have this item but i need to buy the base game". (i've had the sims 4 for like 2 years now). then i called ea support and first they said "i have to wait 24 hrs". then the 24hrs passed. then i called again and they said "i have to delete origin, restart my computer, re-install it then see if it worked". it didn't sadly. (and i tried to update and repair my game and it failed). i can still play sims but i don't have seasons. can anyone help please ;(
    Did you receive a receipt email from EA for your purchase of Seasons? If you did, then contact EA Support by phone and speak to a representative. They may ask you to forward the receipt to them as proof. Sadly, we can do nothing for you as this is related to whether or not you "own" Seasons.
  • ashleyistiredofthisashleyistiredofthis Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, is anyone having problems updating to the new patch or with purchasing and downloading Seasons since the patch? Because I sure am. :s

I added some cash cards from Origin on to my account and was excited to buy Seasons and update to the newest patch. I successfully purchased the Seasons expansion and got an email receipt for it. (Of course when you throw money at them, it always works... Sorry, I'm mad right now.)

Then I logged in to Origin and went to download the new expansion and update. Update did not go through. All it did was say "verifying.." and then popped up with "Can't download at this time" or something like that. It's not even showing that I own Seasons on Origin. But I definitely bought it and have an email receipt.

I continued trying for about an hour, and tried the chat with EA support (no help really, one said it's a known issue and please be patient. Another said try downloading in safe mode. Which I did, and no difference.) and now I'm giving up for a while.

Anyone else?
    It's a known issue with some users and has been reported on the EA forums (where the Help Section is moving to shortly). You might want to pop over there and see what the latest status is and report any additional data to them as well.

Here is the link to the Mac Help section.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac
  • Kristen3333Kristen3333 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi so like the most of you to this day I am having trouble loading into a household so I have cc and when I load on the game it’s fine but when I try to go into a household it does not work and I have tried deleting cc and the tray importer and sims studio but I does not work I really need help so if you know something pls help thank you
    @Kristen3333, can you give some more details? Like what Mac OS version are you running? Have you tried moving the entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop, starting the game and playing? Your saved household will not be in the game at this time, but we do want to insure that everything else is fine short of the saved household, CC and Mods.