Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work Pack - Detective Requirements Problems

I recently downloaded this pack and when you join your Sim at work, there are things to do to increase work quality, like "Discuss Case Theories With Co-Workers" or "Browse Police Database".

Now there have been times where I send my Sim Cindy to "Go On Patrol" and the moment she arrives, the Patrol-specific requirements such as "Talk to Civilians" aren't listed. Instead they are requirements that can only be done back at the station like "Talk to the Chief" or "Discuss Case Theories With Co-Workers". You can't click on Cindy to tell to go back to the station.

Also, there have been times where you tell her to "Travel to Crime Scene" but you can't click on any evidence to take samples or crime photos and when you click on a nearby witness there's no "Take Witness Statement" command. You can't tell Cindy to go back to the station.

Both of these incidents happened last night when she was going to be getting her promotion to Lieutenant at the end of the shift. It took me over an hour just to get it. She goes on patrol, she's stuck there so I had to reload my last Save. Goes to the crime scene, she's stuck there so I had to reload the last Save. In the end I just had her do requirements at the station like taking mugshots or discussing case theories.

But this sort of problem shouldn't happen at all.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    I have the same problem. Once they get to the crime scene you can't select any of the evidence to collect samples or get witness statements. I noticed it a few days after I downloaded cats and dogs. Really annoying since I have one family that has at least one police officer per generation. =/
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I had this problem a few times last night and it drove me crazy. It seems that when you go on patrol or travel to a crime scene, sometimes the game fails to recognise it.
    2quwd7.gif

• MzToxicIvyMzToxicIvy Posts: 1 New Member
    Mine does the exact same and I have no idea what to do to reset my sim so I’ve just been waiting for the time to run out because when I restart the game he’s still at the same location and still can’t interact with anything or return to the station. It feels impossible to level him up in his career.