Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Throwdown League Event

Hello everyone! It seem to be a new event coming soon!

It's called the Summer Throwdown League. You can get a in-game notification about it.
rUEVbsf.png

In the picture there is a dartboard, a bottle shelf, new shirts for CAS, a bar, and new stuff that isn't from Sims 4 like a dart poster and neon sign.
The theme of this event is Bar/Hangout room. The event could be another chest event?

What is your opinion about this new event? Post below! :)

Comments

• TacoTaco Posts: 34 Member
    Hopefully the algorithm for getting the items is improved. I noticed many people including myself had an issue of repeats in the previous event. The items look promising though.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Got the bar, neon sign, blue banner or whatever it's called, a table and clothes on my first tries. Had better luck this time lol
  • cooldj210cooldj210 Posts: 29 Member
    The Event is live! It's the same as the last few events.
    You need 250 Ribbons to open 1 chest same as the last events.
    You can get a chance of 30 Ribbons in quick events.
    6sFNTEB.png

I saved up and managed to get 2,000 Ribbons and get 8 chests.
    BjxzSFr.png
    Also the hotdog costume is back in this event!

In the 8 chests I got both of the shirts, the bar, tables, 10 common home tickets, 5 fashion gems, and the dartboard on first try!

LaIGdUq.png

I'm going to see if I can get the neon sign, dart poster, and the hotdog!
    It's the same event game mechanic as before.
    My feedback is more ways to get event tokens like completing your to-do list (The hot tub event used to do that) and reaching level 10 in parties so players can work together. :)
  • FeferGreenCeciliaFeferGreenCecilia Posts: 11 New Member
    I hope I'll get a lot of simcash.... LOL... not excited about the rewards this time.
  • HaliciousHalicious Posts: 1 New Member
    :/ I keep getting duplicates of tables and bars. Really, who needs more than one of each anyway? Disappointed with the items overall. Keep having to complete daily checklist and time is running out.
  • catsuncatsun Posts: 11 New Member
    Keep getting the same things over and over. The table and the bar grrrrr
    I hope I'll get a lot of simcash.... LOL... not excited about the rewards this time.
    I got the simcash three times in the chests. You get 25 simcash if you get that one. Which is great for getting the Bold Smokey Glam that is happening right now. :)
  • mett5720mett5720 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have received so many duplicate items that the most I have received are home tickets. I spent around 10,000 ribbons and I still haven’t received the dartboard!

The order of events in the quest was ridiculous. Two to-do lists three steps apart! And the event is only lasting four days and that knocks out two whole days. The to-do lists need to be spread apart, such as the first thing you do and almost the last thing you do. Why is the game trying to pace us? We should also be able to see the all 18 steps beforehand so we don’t say, complete a competitive event before finding out it’s the next step in the quest and then losing a whole day.
    Yeah I give up lol, it is such an obvious moneygrab xD NOT falling for it..... I don't think anyone could be that stupid haha
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes, this quest is nonsense. Only 3 days for 18 steps! 2 of the steps are "completing to-do list", which can only be done ones a day and after that "spending 2000 ribbons" (with only 2 events, for 400 ribbons, ones per 19h, and 125 ribbons, ones per 8h, realistically 650 ribbons per day totaly. And that is after you have already waste 2 days for waiting for the to-do lists ) . How is this possible!!!!! It might onlt be possible if you know every step beforehand to avoid that you for example just spend all your ribbons before the "spend 2000 ribbons" comes up.
  • hcheinemanhcheineman Posts: 12 New Member
    I got stuck on 'complete 2 career chapters' - got one completed and then couldn't complete the second even with 4 sims working non-stop. So I'm out of this event but that's for the best. It was just enraging me and for what? A dartboard or a hotdog costume or a shirt I probably wouldn't use?
    Joysie wrote: »
    Yes, this quest is nonsense. Only 3 days for 18 steps! 2 of the steps are "completing to-do list", which can only be done ones a day and after that "spending 2000 ribbons" (with only 2 events, for 400 ribbons, ones per 19h, and 125 ribbons, ones per 8h, realistically 650 ribbons per day totaly. And that is after you have already waste 2 days for waiting for the to-do lists ) . How is this possible!!!!! It might onlt be possible if you know every step beforehand to avoid that you for example just spend all your ribbons before the "spend 2000 ribbons" comes up.
    Yeah the to-do list and spend steps are the worst. The Sims Mobile team should cut back the to-do list steps for anybody who is a bit late on the event.
    hcheineman wrote: »
    I got stuck on 'complete 2 career chapters' - got one completed and then couldn't complete the second even with 4 sims working non-stop. So I'm out of this event but that's for the best. It was just enraging me and for what? A dartboard or a hotdog costume or a shirt I probably wouldn't use?
    You could switch careers to start at level 1 and work your way up to level 3 to complete a career chapter which is faster than other chapters. After completing the quest switch back to your original career. You can use this tip for other quests in the future. Hope that helps. :)
  • chichinghuichichinghui Posts: 267 Member
    hcheineman wrote: »

Switch Career is the fastest way to due with this situation. If all of your Sims did all the career, then retire 1 of them and get the new sims to start the career again. (Barista Career is the easier I think)
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member

to get the tapes quickly just do fast friendship events (you can go play with the sim to finish faster).
    Each friendship event gives 30 tickets.
  • FlapjacqFlapjacq Posts: 12 New Member
    I keep receiving home tickets. They should really let us exchange home tickets for items again. Like then golden toilet and tub. LET ME EXCHANGE IT FOR THE HOT DOG SUITT
  • CynCyn20CynCyn20 Posts: 1 New Member
    There isn't enough time to get the bottle shelf! There are about 11 hours left and I only just finished spending the 2000 tickets. Hellooo!!! People do sleep and have other things to do in real life! Give us more time!!!!!!!! The only way to finish is by spending lots and lots of cash
  • PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    This event is utter garbage. I have used up all my simcash on the last day of the event in order to get to step 15 and now I do not have 2,000 ribbons because oh yeah, I spent them! Fix this EA. It's getting out of control. My friend in real life I recruited quit playing the sims mobile because of garbage time grabs like this from the photography career limited time quest last week!! You're losing players for God's sake!! There is not enough time for these events if you are required to do the daily task list multiple times in it, as well as on the last few steps being required to spent 2k ribbons but you only have a few hours left! This makes absolutely NO sense and you are losing players that spend good hard earned money on the game, you're losing so many players by doing these ridiculous timed events, they're so frustrating, and an absolute WASTE OF OUR REAL TIME. Get it together EA!!
  • PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    Not to mention I waited all night last night for the Daily Task List to reset, 4:04AM rolls around it resets I'm EXHAUSTED and then I set an alarm because that is all I can do for the time being since I need to complete a special event overnight. I set an alarm for the early morning and still. Getting to this point where I need 2k ribbons is like a spit in the face after wasting ao much time and every and losing sleep... This isn't right. My player ID is 1003210221018 I'm expecting someone to increase the time on this event otherwise this is the end of the road for me. I won't be spending any more money on this sad game. :# :(
    Guys, it is a mobile game. Uninstall it and just forget it exists, i mean staying up 'til 04.00 am just to "achieve" some stuff in this is insane and then feel exhausted omg. The game is a cashgrabber to exploit the sims fans and nothing more.
  • AlexzandreiAlexzandrei Posts: 1 New Member
    These event windows are just too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 short. The time allotted makes it seem as people don’t have any other life than Sims.
  • Telegraph778Telegraph778 Posts: 4 New Member
    I agree there are a lot of duplicate prizes! I kept winning the same things over again and getting duped for home tickets instead. What a waste! Last day and still hadn’t won the dart board so I spent $250 on competition chests and still didn’t get it! The competition chests had the same lousy crap as the consolation chests. Didn’t get the hot dog suit either. Disappointed.
  • LavenderEweLavenderEwe Posts: 1 New Member
    I really enjoy this game except for the events. I get frustrated and really discouraged that no matter what I do I can’t get the top prizes. The last 2 events have been especially frustrating. I wish the algorithm they use for prizes would give you the better prizes if you have participated a certain number of times. Why would I spend real money when I still have no guarantee of a top prize? I won’t anymore.
  • GenzzaGenzza Posts: 14 New Member
    I really did not participate much in this event .To me it was just like all the rest of the events with repeats of items that some people really don't want.
  • Love2SimLove2Sim Posts: 1 New Member
    I really like having things to do besides the daily list. I miss not having more houses and sims to play.
    Concerning the event with the dartboard. I am finding it very hard to believe I could spend as much real world $’s as I did to finish this on time and still after buying extra sim cash for purchasing chests & buying the five chest extra that I didn’t get one dart board. Not so happy with this last event. It makes it hard to justify using real world cash knowing there’s a good chance I’ll never get all the items available anyway.
  • Bandzetta2002Bandzetta2002 Posts: 1 New Member
    On the Summer Throwdown League Quest I was disappointed as it always seems to give you the same things and not the prizes. I have so many of the red diamonds and cannot spend them as I cannot buy anymore creations from the trailer as I have reached my limit. But I can still get th red diamonds that are worthless. I wanted a dart board but NO tons of other things or multiples of things already received. Even bought the 5 chests and got nothing.