Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim made Young Adult; not given third trait?

Exactly what it says on the tin: A sim of mine just aged up to YA, and was not prompted to choose a third base trait. (He did gain three of the behavior traits; could this interfere with anything?)

Comments

• Duke_DarkwoodDuke_Darkwood Posts: 59 Member
    Can that be done without that "full edit" cheat? This file is a cheatless game.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hmm... going into CAS through households didn't let me add a trait (it didn't even show a blank hex for trait 3). It looks like he's either going to be a trait short, or I'll have to turn on the cheat just long enough to add it. Thoughts?
    Hmm... going into CAS through households didn't let me add a trait (it didn't even show a blank hex for trait 3). It looks like he's either going to be a trait short, or I'll have to turn on the cheat just long enough to add it. Thoughts?

You may need to use these cheats to add the trait
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    traits.equip_trait nameoftrait
    Press enter

This is list of the traits
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/traits
    OK, it seems to have worked fine. And as long as I then did testingcheats off, then closed the console with Ctrl+Shift+C again, I'm out of cheat mode, right?

This will remain a cheatless file, you see - I only did this to correct an error in the game. (I will probably make a file for cheating, but I don't want it to touch these households.)

So now this guy is Outgoing, Good, and Family-Oriented. (He's the 2nd-gen head of this household, and I was torn between Self-Assured or Ambitious from his father, Family-Oriented from his mother, or Genius to help his Renaissance Sim aspiration. Family won by the roll of a d4.)

Anyway, thanks for the speedy help! I only rarely need to resort to the forums, but you always do great work.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I have noticed something strange as of recent, It could be one or 2 of these outcomes, I had my sim age from child to teen in a bear costume during a birthday party at a club gathering the game aged the sim up, but the costume didn't expand with the sim so the Sims arms are like way above the bears head, so creepy looking, the Sim aged to teen alright, but game stilled showed sim in age restricted club until I clicked on the club with her and it disappeared. The sim in bear costume under club costume never transferred to teenage costume club, the club costumes was set for child female and child male, both bear club costumes, when aging the animation went just fine, but frozen, and the trait popup didn't come up so I went back to a previous save. I also saved a copy to see if I could get the same error with birthday party in costumes.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I have noticed something strange as of recent, It could be one or 2 of these outcomes, I had my sim age from child to teen in a bear costume during a birthday party at a club gathering the game aged the sim up, but the costume didn't expand with the sim so the Sims arms are like way above the bears head, so creepy looking, the Sim aged to teen alright, but game stilled showed sim in age restricted club until I clicked on the club with her and it disappeared. The sim in bear costume under club costume never transferred to teenage costume club, the club costumes was set for child female and child male, both bear club costumes, when aging the animation went just fine, but frozen, and the trait popup didn't come up so I went back to a previous save. I also saved a copy to see if I could get the same error with birthday party in costumes.

Hello
    There has been issues when sims have aged up during a club gathering. It can make their appearance look quite odd. Having them travel to another lot or taking them into CAS can help with the issue if and when it occurs.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »

Yes, however unfortunately the only real ages that truely matter are the child to teenage transition as teenagers don't fit child cloth anymore, so I don't have a clue if its just aging with the bear costume or if it has something to do with the club outfits, since there is a bigger version of the bear costume for teens, but no no club uniforms was selected for teenagers so she couldn't transfer completely.

Edit I did some testing and it seems like if the aging trait thing bugs out from child to teen, your get to choose what you missed when you age up to young adult.

Edit2: You can also choose your aspiration in CAS, but the bonus trait won't show until young adult.
    Post edited by Sid1701D9 on
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited August 2018
    Exactly what it says on the tin: A sim of mine just aged up to YA, and was not prompted to choose a third base trait. (He did gain three of the behavior traits; could this interfere with anything?)

If you are uneasy about using “testingcheats true”, then don’t. You can use “cas.fulleditmode true” without it. Just select your sim then click on a mirror and choose “change sim”. It’ll load in full edit mode.

Don’t forget to turn it off before saving. I had this same issue when Drucilla caked up. Most cheats actually don’t cause many issues, with the exception of things like constrainfloorelevation, which make the game behave in ways it wasn’t intended to. Using cas to add a trait is perfectly fine.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.