Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Server Maintenance and the Sims 4 Gallery

The last two days when I have logged into the Sims 4, it has said that the servers are shutting down in 30 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes and then the servers are online.

Due to this, I have been unable to view the gallery or upload any builds ingame. On the Sims website, the gallery keeps coming up with the "Oops, Something has gone Wrong! Please Try Again Later".

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.

I have repaired my game and I have restarted my computer both days with the same result.
Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

Comments

• SlissilleeSlissillee Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same problem!! If i use an external link to a specific gallery item it will load the item but that is about it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Slissillee wrote: »
    I am having the same problem!! If i use an external link to a specific gallery item it will load the item but that is about it.

Hello @Slissillee and bokylie1.
    Some things to do that may help are to clear out your web browser cache and the temporary files.
    http://help.ea.com/article/clearing-your-browsers-cache
    http://help.ea.com/article/clearing-your-temporary-files

If you continue to have issues, shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then log in to origin, and see if that helps.

If you continue to have issues with the ingame gallery bokylie1 , try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    bokylie1 wrote: »
    The last two days when I have logged into the Sims 4, it has said that the servers are shutting down in 30 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes and then the servers are online.

Due to this, I have been unable to view the gallery or upload any builds ingame. On the Sims website, the gallery keeps coming up with the "Oops, Something has gone Wrong! Please Try Again Later".

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.

I have repaired my game and I have restarted my computer both days with the same result.

Meant to say the servers are OFFLINE ingame, not online.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

Hello.
    Other simmers have been having issues with the gallery today. They have been resolved now.
    If you are still having issues connecting to the gallery, check that your firewall is not causing issues,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    The uninstalling and reinstalling is really worth a try. It worked for me!
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    I'm glad they were recognized and resolved.

Before this week, when I start the game I always saw the "going offline for maintenance in 30 minutes" notice, regardless of the time of day I log in, though I'm generally a "wee-hours" player) but that's it. I still had Gallery access throughout.

More of a mild annoyance than anything else since the servers never "followed through" on their "maintenance threat", for me anyway.

ha-hahh!
  • Kirahw94Kirahw94 Posts: 2 New Member
    HELP!

Can someone PLEASE HELP?!

Yesterday I got a stupid notification saying “online services are coming down for maintenance within x amount of minutes” and it kept doing that until it finally said “online services are coming down for maintenance now” everything was literally fine until that message popped up. Now one of my sims have been completely wiped from my game! Like she literally doesn’t exist anymore. I tried summoning her through the mccommand center(through mailbox) and it said she doesn’t exist! I tried restarting the game but NOTHING worked! I even went as far as trying to restore from previous versions and that was a dead end too. Then to top it all off, now she doesn’t even show up in the freakin family tree! It’s just a blank grey head that shows up and her name isn’t there. This is so unfair! Someone please tell me how to fix it.
    Kirahw94 wrote: »
    HELP!

Can someone PLEASE HELP?!

Yesterday I got a stupid notification saying “online services are coming down for maintenance within x amount of minutes” and it kept doing that until it finally said “online services are coming down for maintenance now” everything was literally fine until that message popped up. Now one of my sims have been completely wiped from my game! Like she literally doesn’t exist anymore. I tried summoning her through the mccommand center(through mailbox) and it said she doesn’t exist! I tried restarting the game but NOTHING worked! I even went as far as trying to restore from previous versions and that was a dead end too. Then to top it all off, now she doesn’t even show up in the freakin family tree! It’s just a blank grey head that shows up and her name isn’t there. This is so unfair! Someone please tell me how to fix it.

Hello
    The sim may have been culled, if you reached over the total number of Sims that you have in the game, and the sim wasn’t in the .” My households” section in manage households.
    If you haven’t already tried restoring her from a precious version by doing it this way, go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version and see if the sim is in that game.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I tried to upload sth and it said online servers are down.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    I tried to upload sth and it said online servers are down.

SimGuruIcarus has posted this on another thread
    Hello everyone,

We are aware of this issues with the gallery and we are investigating this at the moment! Thanks very much for your patience!
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    So guessing they have been aware that this issue has been ongoing forever and they can't fix it? Cause I haven't been able to access gallery in months. Repairing, reinstalling, etc is no help and I'm unwilling to keep mucking about with software when the issue isn't on my end just to make it feel like I'm doing something. Can't we just get a real fix?
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • tamekaxsokotamekaxsoko Posts: 5 New Member
    SOMEONE SEND HELP PLZ lol could cry
    Anyway, I don't know if this has something to do with the gallery update but when I go into the Gallery, My Library and select a household of mine to put into CAS, the little thing pops up that asks if you want to merge, replace or cancel the household. Once I've selected one, the pop up goes away but the CAS screen still stays dark and doesn't allow me to click on anything so I have to force the game to close.

I've tried removing mods, repairing through origin, reinstalling and making new sims 4 folders but nothings working? Anyone got any solutions for this bc I can't play the game.
    SOMEONE SEND HELP PLZ lol could cry
    Anyway, I don't know if this has something to do with the gallery update but when I go into the Gallery, My Library and select a household of mine to put into CAS, the little thing pops up that asks if you want to merge, replace or cancel the household. Once I've selected one, the pop up goes away but the CAS screen still stays dark and doesn't allow me to click on anything so I have to force the game to close.

I've tried removing mods, repairing through origin, reinstalling and making new sims 4 folders but nothings working? Anyone got any solutions for this bc I can't play the game.

Hello @tamekaxsoko
    I am just checking. Have you moved your whole mods folder to the desktop, then started the game and seen if the issue remains?
    Try also deleting the cache files before testing the game, without the mods folder in it
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/