Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom content disappearing after July 31 Patch

Did anyone else experiencing custom content disappearing in-game after the recent update? Custom hair, make-up and clothing disappeared for sims that were wearing it. The custom content is still in the game, but I had to "reapply" it to the sims. All furniture however, was still visible in the houses.

Comments

• Gyongy501Gyongy501 Posts: 1 New Member
    I too lost my custum content after downloading the patch July 31 and although all the files are still in the Mod folder I do not see any custom content in the game, not furniture or clothes. Please help if you know what to do.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @Alexai and @Gyongy501, are you able to see all your games/official content for the Sims 4 in Origin? Just checking for another bug reported.

If you are and you are able to start the game, have you tried the following:

1) Checking to make sure the Enable Mods/CC button was clicked under game options.
    2) Moving your game folder to the Desktop (DO NOT DELETE!), restarting your game and allowing a new Sims 4 folder to generate.

Please keep us updated.

Remember that as of August 20th, the entire Help Section will be moving the EA Answer Center.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 185 Member
    @Alexai and @Gyongy501, are you able to see all your games/official content for the Sims 4 in Origin? Just checking for another bug reported.

If you are and you are able to start the game, have you tried the following:

1) Checking to make sure the Enable Mods/CC button was clicked under game options.
    2) Moving your game folder to the Desktop (DO NOT DELETE!), restarting your game and allowing a new Sims 4 folder to generate.

Please keep us updated.

Remember that as of August 20th, the entire Help Section will be moving the EA Answer Center.

Thanks for your reply. I did check to see that the Enable Mods/CC button was checked and it was. It's strange that the content was there but not visible on Sims.
  • 0BookishSimmer00BookishSimmer0 Posts: 5 New Member
    I didn't have this problem with custom content but I did with custom careers. Every time I choose a custom career it messes my career panel up! Does anyone else have/had this problem?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Most custom careers were reported to be broken but LittleMsSam's have been updated.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    @Alexai, have you tried to move your Sims 4 folder, start the game up and then try playing for about an hour or so and then moving your CC back into the game?
    @Alexai, have you tried to move your Sims 4 folder, start the game up and then try playing for about an hour or so and then moving your CC back into the game?

I should have tried that. Instead, I just reapplied the custom content. It was a laborious process. I'll know better next time. Thanks!
    But it works ok?
    But it works ok?

It is working. I just had to re-do the clothing and make-up application.
  • AfroSimmerAfroSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    The new update completely broke my game, none of the new cc I downloaded is showing up even though I have the cc enabled button checked and it deleted all of my saves. All of the cc I now have tried to download just simply won't show up in game. I even uninstalled my game but every time I do it only ever comes up with .bin folders. I really need somebody to help me, I really don't want to give up on the sims but I'm starting to lose hope.
    First of all, try moving the entire Sims 4 folder to the Desktop. DO NOT DELETE IT! Start the game up knowing that none of your CC/Mods or saved games will be available. Create a new sim and play for about an hour to make sure that the game itself is working.

You can add you CC and Mods back to the game, however you need to make sure that your Mods and CC are up to date. Whenever the game is updated, you need to make sure that all of your Mods and CC are updated as well.

In regards to your saved games, you should always back up them up before updating, patching or adding new content. I'm not sure if doing the above will restore them as well.
  • AfroSimmerAfroSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    I've already tried everything I could to get it to show up and nothing is working
    You may have to report this on Answer HQ. Starting tomorrow, all help will be administered there. The link is in the stickies at the top of this forum.