Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last bug experienced

Outside of the common bug that are seen every five seconds (teleport bug, skip time when fast forward, lost action during queues), what was the last minor bug/what was the last game-breaking bug you experienced?

Minor bug ex. My toddler phases into the high chair once she's done eating. In an earlier patch, he/she could not even be placed in the high chair, so it is an improvement.

Major bug ex. A sim would have a go to bed action stuck in the queue which interferes with any other action. It cancels any other future action as the Sim tries to go back to bed.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    LOW wrote: »
    Can't adopt pets. The adoption person shows up without the pets. And I can't end the evaluation!

Oh I remember this bug on PC, nightmare. I had this happen to me many times, so far on console I haven't had an issue and I've adopted a few dogs so far.

Last bug I experienced was the walls not going down/cut away when using the dpad. For some reason this again happened after using the bb. Moveobjects cheat, the same cheat that was causing the camera to become unusable before the latest patch. I was stuck with the walls up and I couldn't put them down.
  • ab92xoab92xo Posts: 38 Member
    [quote="LOW;c-16647221"]Can't adopt pets. The adoption person shows up without the pets. And I can't end the evaluation![/quote]

Same thing is happening to me! :(
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I've noticed a couple of small bugs since installing C&D yesterday. I had issues trying to remove hats in CAS (it eventually worked) and some of the routing looks different - for example, if a Sim makes food and puts it on the counter, they seem to take a much larger step back to pick it up. Also, my dog jumped up once and it went all kinds of weird and stretched. Not encountered anything major, though.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2018
    Deleted, didn't see this was a console discussion
    2UFyFUV.png

Anyone else noticed that the half wall trim is blue instead of white when used indoors?
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    ab92xo wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed that the half wall trim is blue instead of white when used indoors?

Pretty sure it's just the lighting.
    [quote="floralney;c-16658070"][quote="ab92xo;c-16657923"]Anyone else noticed that the half wall trim is blue instead of white when used indoors? [/quote]

Pretty sure it's just the lighting.[/quote]

Shouldn't really be florescent blue though... Doesn't really go with the look I had in mind for the kitchen/diner I'm building lol
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    floralney wrote: »

Pretty sure it's just the lighting.

Shouldn't really be florescent blue though... Doesn't really go with the look I had in mind for the kitchen/diner I'm building lol

Yeah, it can look weird sometimes. :joy:
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Yes loads in build mode it freezes for a bit and also when fast forwarding time or whatever gets stuck also same with trying to select my Sims they don't switch over and freeze alot pretty much whatever they did in the update before the pack came out it undone it when cats and dogs were installed
    Also I can't adopt a stray
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Yes loads in build mode it freezes for a bit and also when fast forwarding time or whatever gets stuck also same with trying to select my Sims they don't switch over and freeze alot pretty much whatever they did in the update before the pack came out it undone it when cats and dogs were installed

I have been experiencing all of these issues too.
    [quote="Simsfan99111;c-16661631"][quote="Bluebirddevil5970;c-16659328"]Yes loads in build mode it freezes for a bit and also when fast forwarding time or whatever gets stuck also same with trying to select my Sims they don't switch over and freeze alot pretty much whatever they did in the update before the pack came out it undone it when cats and dogs were installed [/quote]

I have been experiencing all of these issues too. [/quote]

I know I hope they fix it soon it bugs me lol
  • ellemich13ellemich13 Posts: 1 New Member
    After the July update my household won't load. My game goes to the neighborhood but when I want to load my family it just keeps loading infinitely
  • Volt007Volt007 Posts: 1 New Member
    For me it’s my sims not being able to cook or eat. They stop mid prep and when directed, they won’t resume or they finish, set the plate of food down, and aren’t able to grab it without going into build/buy mode and moving it so they can get to it.
    Since pets came out has anyone noticed how slow Sims are at eating and doing jobs now also when I go to press on them to do an interaction it freezes first and build mode freezes jylust alot of things that happened to pc players you'd think they'd fix the bugs that was on pc when doing it for console I hope there's a bugfix update before the new pack
  • MamaYoung03MamaYoung03 Posts: 4 New Member
    All my Sim women seem to be having twins. It's happened with 4 couples so far. I've not tried it with the men to see if its different, I will do that today and see what happens. The only time the ladies dont have twins is if there are already 7 people in the household.

Also, is there a good link to where we can find how to help our pets with their thought bubbles and what they mean?

Thanks all :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't have any of these bugs posted here at all. In fact the only bug I see is the ever annoying stink from leaf piles that annoy my sim even more than it annoys me. I think the game should make them disappear when Fall turns to winter as leaves do not do that.

Leaves we do not get rid of in fall tend to scatter themselves on the very windy days of late fall - they flatten out, get covered with snow - get frozen if they are damp - they don't stay in a pile and start stinking. Freezing temps and cold arctic air ceases most of the decomposition in winter. I mean I live in Maine - full of huge forests and nearly a mecca where people come from all over the world just to see our amazingly beautiful fall. I assure you no stinky leave - never mind piles of them are anywhere - and other than our own lawns - Mainers do not go out of their way messing with the leaves. We may compost leaves on our own yard - but where ever leaves fall elsewhere they stay - they don't stink and the surely do not pile up.

Whoever decided this was a great idea - REALLY needs to rethink it!

My outdoors loving sims are not happy being outside now. It is like I wasted a trait.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    @Writin_Reg
    Just like to point out that you're in the wrong chat. This thread is about the bugs on console, we don't have seasons yet.
    I'm so glad we don't have season I won't be getting it straight away when it comes to console to make sure they have fixed all the bugs and not just brought them straight from pc like always haha I hate these bugs on console
    Still haven't been able to adopt a cat/dog. I can adopt strays, but when I try to do it over the phone the agent comes without a pet carrier and I have to reload the game to end the evaluation :(
    The pet adoption works for me but I can't adopt a stray it just doesn't let me then they show up not as a stray no more
    The pet adoption worked for me eventually, but I had to move one of my sims to an empty lot and adopt from there then move them back to the original lot lol
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    The sudden jump out of the hot tub when performing actions of the romance variety are now occurring when you are interacting with a bed. However, this does not make the sims unusable until you move the object like the tub. They just the fly out of the bed. Also, I have seen them fly from the hot tub to just outside the hot tub when leaving (no romantic options were performed during the conversations).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top