Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Lame. Why does this require an entire hour livestream?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Lame. Why does this require an entire hour livestream?

Guess we'll find out when the live-stream starts. :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Maybe there's stuff *not* mentioned in the patch?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I really really hope there's more that they will show during the stream :weary: just a gallery update is not enough for me.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I like that easles can now be put in the inventory. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    SheepyCakesSheepyCakes Posts: 27 Member
    Yeah, they didn't even make it so people can take their own pictures for their gallery uploads! At the very least I expected that to be part of the update!
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    edited July 2018
    Really good patch this month! Lots of bug fixes. Now i can give my sims sinks once again

ETA: just realized this is the second patch for this month right? I wonder if this one is supposed to count as an August patch or will we get another next month? Hope we get another with more bug fixes.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited July 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by Evie0602 on
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    edited July 2018
    The "big feature update" is about the new gallery! LOL :D But I'm really glad about all of those bug fixes!
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    My bare minimum expectation was that 40x40 lots would finally be added to the gallery filters

.... but nope :(
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    So all that jazz about this update and we still can't filter out items that use packs we don't own.

WTG EA.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited July 2018
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Lol for real? I mean, I guess they told us ahead of time not to get our hopes up for anything good. But if it's just something as insignificant as a gallery redesign, what was all the secrecy about? I thought they said communication would improve.

Insignificant for you maybe. This is just the beginning. SimGuruGrant just said there are more and bigger changes coming to Gallery later this year. Why not keep an open mind and give them a chance.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited July 2018
    Lol for real? I mean, I guess they told us ahead of time not to get our hopes up for anything good. But if it's just something as insignificant as a gallery redesign, what was all the secrecy about? I thought they said communication would improve.

Insignificant for you maybe. This is just the beginning. Why not keep an open mind and give them a chance.

The chance was waiting to see what the update entailed before expressing my disappointment. Now we know what it entails. Barring some big surprise in the live stream, there was nothing here that was worth being so "hush hush" over.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, they weren't lying about not getting too hyped. Don't get me wrong, the patch is good, but at the same time I feel they really could've simply said 'Hey, we're doing a livestream, just because we want to make it a more regular thing, even for not big features'.
  • Options
    Well, they weren't lying about not getting too hyped. Don't get me wrong, the patch is good, but at the same time I feel they really could've simply said 'Hey, we're doing a livestream, just because we want to make it a more regular thing, even for not big features'.

^Yep. The name of the game is transparency and it looks like they still got a long ways to go before they master it.
  • Options
    adamhayden123adamhayden123 Posts: 87 Member
    I really don't understand the secrecy around this update. Fair enough its just a gallery update, but couldn't they have said something along the lines of 'Hey guys we're going to be updating the gallery later this week with a live stream to show how its changed' rather than say there's an update that wont feature certain gameplay features?

Mentioning the gameplay features that won't be added immediately makes people start speculating what gameplay features might be added instead. I feel their approach to revealing this update/live stream was completely wrong tbh...
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    Well that's disappointing for me, I was hoping for something changing in cas or something that would actually benefit game play. I rarely use the gallery. :(
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Oh and we still can't clear the bulletin board...
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Really disappointing indeed, and to add to that, the gallery in my game is completely broken since I updated the game. Everything just freezes as soon as I want to place something. Really frustrating, as it was a change nobody asked for :(
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    They should have just said "tune in on July 31st for a live stream showing off the new gallery UI!"
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited July 2018
    And they're STILL ignoring many bugs that have been occurring in our games for over a month now... this is the THIRD patch we've gotten since 'Seasons' broke the game... and they still haven't fixed many bugs:

1) The bug that causes Sims to come home from school/work early during a holiday if another Sim travels to a different lot.
    2) The bug that causes Pets to be extra needy and constantly fill up our Sims' queues (which they claim has been fixed, but still happens).
    3) The bug that causes Sims to randomly freeze and just sit/stand there, despite time progressing.
    4) The bug that causes Sims to teleport all over the place (especially when doing dishes).

I'm sure there are many more... but these are specific ones I've been experiencing (and still am). These bugs makes this game nearly impossible to enjoy! And they make the game almost unplayable! WHEN WILL THEY FIX THESE!?

I honestly couldn't care less about the gallery update... I wasn't even excited for the "big update" they claimed was going to introduce a new feature... I was more concerned about the bug fixes... and I'm VERY disappointed.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    3) The bug that causes Sims to randomly freeze and just sit/stand there, despite time progressing.

Oh that's a bug? And here I thought I just had too many mods :D

Also, to add to your list:

5) The townies (including player created ones) who walk around the neighborhoods, on the verge of freezing to death in the winter.

I can't tell you how many times I've spotted a sim I've made, walking by with blue skin.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

Oh that's a bug? And here I thought I just had too many mods :D

Nope. I play the game without any mods... and it still happens.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg