Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty-ish Quarter?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    In view of Guru Kate's comment, and the steady yearly decline in packs issued, I expect Q3 to be pack-less with one coming in Q4 (Oct-Dec) for the shopping season. If we get anything it would be part of a periodic update/patch.

I hope not. The only way I'd be fine with this quarter being packless after Seasons is with a Car Update.
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    In view of Guru Kate's comment, and the steady yearly decline in packs issued, I expect Q3 to be pack-less with one coming in Q4 (Oct-Dec) for the shopping season. If we get anything it would be part of a periodic update/patch.

I hope not. The only way I'd be fine with this quarter being packless after Seasons is with a Car Update.

I agree. It wouldn't have to necessarily be cars for me, but I would hope for some sort of a major update. A pool stuff pack would be great IMO. If I'm really enthusiastic, I'd also love another gamepack in Q3 as I expect another expansion before the holidays. It would be a shame if they did less gamepacks AND stuffpacks just to increase to 2 EPs a year.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »
    That tweet about "summer of sims" though. It looked like its purpose was to promise something.

I would like to get a new stuff pack. The last one wasn't good in my opinion, putting the money grabbing antics aside the content was weak. I always like getting new CAS items.

Releasing a summer themed stuff pack right after Seasons is something they would totally do. Also we've been getting an outdoor focused stuff pack every summer since the start so it's very much possible.

they have done so many packs for outdoor tho.

perfect patio
    romantic garden
    backyard stuff
    toddler stuff

how about

new items for newborn
    strollers and baby bath/change/dress.

day care for toddlers with new fun items and clothing

new toys for kids including tree houses, play tag, hide and seek

teens ,create a band, including drum set, singing. new items , clothing and basement bedroom.
    prom.

elders,
    walking sticks, feed ducks or birds. go to bingo or dance club. pottery

Honestly I'd take more outdoor stuff because I feel like we're still lacking somehow.....but many of those things, I don't want for SP's.

I do think we should get a baby update and that's all I'm going to say about babies.

I'd like SP's to introduce more architectural styles or expand some of the current ones that are lacking like the Art Deco theme of Vintage Glamour, I'd like more stuff of it, especially to exteriors. And I definitely want SP's to introduce new buy mode assets, like actual modular sofas, sliding doors, king sized beds for sims, irregular/triangular shaped windows, etc instead of just res-kin over re-skin over re-skin.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I am hoping for something in August, July is a lost cause at this point. I also have higher expectations for stuff packs now since they're changing things up and we'll be getting less of them. This means more objects, more CAS assets and more gameplay items. They better make them worth content droughts.

Pool stuff pack? I expect a diving board, slide and lounge chairs minimum since this stuff pack will be the only one for the rest of the year seemingly.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
    I am hoping for something in August, July is a lost cause at this point. I also have higher expectations for stuff packs now since they're changing things up and we'll be getting less of them. This means more objects, more CAS assets and more gameplay items. They better make them worth content droughts.

Pool stuff pack? I expect a diving board, slide and lounge chairs minimum since this stuff pack will be the only one for the rest of the year seemingly.

You won't get lounge chairs in a SP. Graham said those would have to come in a GP or EP. Now Pool Waterfalls,Floaties,Pool Slides and Possibly Pool Bars are something I'd like to see in a Pool Sp along with the option to make round pools in build mode.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I don't care about what they have said in the past. Things are different now. They did this to themselves.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    @catloverplayer I don't think you should look for a pool related pack until 2019 if ever. I hope you come around to the changes because I see you saying "we always" and we are on a whole new playing field, I don't want to see you upset :)
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    @catloverplayer I don't think you should look for a pool related pack until 2019 if ever. I hope you come around to the changes because I see you saying "we always" and we are on a whole new playing field, I don't want to see you upset :)

Even Graham said they might do a Pool Stuffpack in the future. Pool slides have been part of the Sims since TS2. Same with Pool Floats and I want Pool Waterfalls and Pool Bars to return from TS3. It's a given were getting more pool items it's just a matter of when. They may do them in a Tropical Beach Vacation Pack. I just don't want to wait till next year.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    We can speculate all we want, but the decisions are made by the suits, not the devs. The suits care about only 1 thing, keeping the stock/stakeholders happy, which means what makes for the largest bottom line.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I hope they aren’t wasting any time on SP’s anymore personally and Graham being moved to EP’s has got me hopeful. Put all their time and money in something substantial and worth buying. I’m less interested in what my sims look like (plus there’s CC for that) than what I can do with them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I liked the SP's and I'm confident they will return soon.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    No salt or anything, but I've uinstalled the game in its entirety from my PC. I'm busying myself with writing again, language-learning and occasionally, The Guild Wars 2. I'm waiting until theteam decide to bring back the Supernatural Life States. Then I'll resume simming on The Sims 4.

Been thinking of doing the same. Not uninstalling the game (unless TS5 is good, I'm never doing that), but just taking a bit of a break until the next update/DLC and dive into my own writings as well.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I hope they aren’t wasting any time on SP’s anymore personally and Graham being moved to EP’s has got me hopeful. Put all their time and money in something substantial and worth buying. I’m less interested in what my sims look like (plus there’s CC for that) than what I can do with them.

I still want a Pool Stuffpack.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I still want a Pool Stuffpack.
    That in fact I could actually see being fun. Including different kind of swimming styles.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • tiff_ben98tiff_ben98 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm hoping that they continue to fix these bugs, but add on some free content. For some free content I would really like to see maybe the introduction of some new traits (maybe add the ability to have four traits), more interactions with the pool (I really like the dog ball interaction from sims, makes it personal), body jewelry, and some small additions to furniture/decorations etc
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member

You won't get lounge chairs in a SP. Graham said those would have to come in a GP or EP. Now Pool Waterfalls,Floaties,Pool Slides and Possibly Pool Bars are something I'd like to see in a Pool Sp along with the option to make round pools in build mode.

Although I do really want to see all the thing you mention, if Graham mentioned bunkbeds, lounge chairs and a couple other ''bigger'' items wouldnt fit into a gp or free update then how could pool slides or pool bars? Because both of those would require a lot of animation work, especially the slides. I think both of those would be too big to expect for a sp or free update.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »

Although I do really want to see all the thing you mention, if Graham mentioned bunkbeds, lounge chairs and a couple other ''bigger'' items wouldnt fit into a gp or free update then how could pool slides or pool bars? Because both of those would require a lot of animation work, especially the slides. I think both of those would be too big to expect for a sp or free update.

I agree with the pool bar, but I don't see a pool slide being more difficult than other things they've added. They even sort of already have a working slide to base it off of.
    Gelysen wrote: »

Graham didn't say that bunkbeds,lounge chairs and other big items couldn't fit in a gamepack. He said in a stuffpack. I think pool bars and slides could work in a stuffpack.
    Bunkbeds and lounge chairs need a lot of animation. Too much for just a SP and still so much that many items might get pushed out of a GP to make room. They would also take up a lot of data space in an EP but, being bigger, there would still be lots of room for other stuff.

Graham saying that they might do something in the future is no assurance that they will ever do it all, no matter how good of an idea we might think it is. They need to be SOLD on the idea first. To hang all your hopes on a might is to surely be disappointed. They, themselves have many ideas of what they want to see in the game (which helps them do a better job on ideas they really like) and our ideas might not appeal to them or fit the direction that they want the game to go in.

Everyone who watched on Friday heard Grant say that they have many ideas that they want to create, so many ideas that they have about another three years worth of S4 still to come.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    If the summer theme allows swimming in oceans and lounge chairs, people like that
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018

Well Sims 3 Graham was part of the ep teams - so I don't find it unusual. EP Packs lots of people are screaming for he already has experience doing - so if the sps he heads aren't needing him at present why not?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited August 2018
    No pack because I think they wait for the Console team.
    The goal may be an improvement of the development in order to release the upcoming packs at the same date for PC/Mac and Console.

Previously the delay between The Sims 2 PC and Mac versions caused EP7 FreeTime and EP8 Apartment were never released for Mac because The Sims 3 was the highest priority.

Maybe they try to avoid to repeat it.

Console players are still waiting for 10 packs (16 packs done in 10 months) :
    1. EP02 Get Together
    2. EP05 Seasons
    3. GP01 Outdoor Retreat
    4. GP02 Spa Day
    5. GP06 Jungle Adventures
    6. SP04 Spooky Stuff
    7. SP05 Movie Hangout Stuff
    8. SP10 Bowling Stuff
    9. SP11 Fitness Stuff
    10. SP14 My First Pet Stuff
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    Graham had said swings couldn't be done in a stuffpack and we finally got them in the Seasons EP. Sadly Picnic Baskets are on the list of things that can't work in a Stuffpack so hopefully we'll see those in the next expansion or gamepack.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    Just speculating. Do you guys think this quarter will be paid DLC free Kate mentioned may happen? Not that there is any sign that'll happen but after dropping the Seasons bomb it wouldn't exactly surprise me either.

I hope not. I want a Pool Stuffpack. Normally we get a Summer Themed Pack.

Yeah but I think stuff packs are a thing of the past so we'll probably get a game pack in September. This makes a long summer for Simmers.

I've barely scratched the surface of Seasons so I'm not ready for more paid content anyway. I'll be happy with more bug fixes and continued work on the Gallery.
    That tweet about "summer of sims" though. It looked like its purpose was to promise something.

I would like to get a new stuff pack. The last one wasn't good in my opinion, putting the money grabbing antics aside the content was weak. I always like getting new CAS items.

Releasing a summer themed stuff pack right after Seasons is something they would totally do. Also we've been getting an outdoor focused stuff pack every summer since the start so it's very much possible.

Not every player bought Seasons -- a Pool Party SP would help them a lot. But I can see them taking a break from SPs to re-evaluate the strategies after the way the community reacted to MFP. I've been playing with the pack and it's really not that bad -- if you look past the items that are totally derivative of Cats & Dogs, the small animals are actually fun and useful. Children can Study Rodent and that counts as doing their homework; I always like options. You can also Talk To the little guys and help satisfy the Social need.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Graham had said swings couldn't be done in a stuffpack and we finally got them in the Seasons EP. Sadly Picnic Baskets are on the list of things that can't work in a Stuffpack so hopefully we'll see those in the next expansion or gamepack.

We can pack lunches which is almost the same thing. Just make some lunches, take the kiddies to the park and give them a sack lunch when they get hungry.