Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else hear chicken noises in the game?

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    aidansays wrote: »
    I haven't heard any chicken noises...? Maybe I just am not listening well enough. Where did you hear the chicken noises?

There's no specific location where you can hear them. It's just randomly, me it happens often when I unzoom the camera.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I listened real close all last night when I was playing and the most I heard was Sea Gulls and pigeons, with an occassional dog bark or howl and cat noises. No chickens any way and I went to all the different worlds but the two vacation ones.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    You can ear them better in San Myshuno, it's quite strange to ear farming noises there. Brindelton Bay has too many nature sounds.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    I did not hear chickens in Myshuno and spent a lot of time there between the 4 festivals I sent my sim to as well as her Night on the town Holiday. I keep my sound up too - I have surround sound on my desk top gaming pc. I was particularly listening for farm noises as I am one who'd love a farm ep. I was disappointed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    this game is well known for its backdrops and illusions.

yes i have heard them ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    this thread is funny

so is your avatar B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    this thread is funny

so is your avatar B)
    :pensive:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Those who heared it: Was it a specific season, weekday or time of the day? Maybe a specific weeday or hour IRL when you played it?
    When you play the Game Black and White 2 close to midnight, spooky voices wisper your name. Maybe the Chickens are something simmilar.
    I'll keep an eye on this topic and see how random those noises actually are.
  • kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Those who heared it: Was it a specific season, weekday or time of the day? Maybe a specific weeday or hour IRL when you played it?
    When you play the Game Black and White 2 close to midnight, spooky voices wisper your name. Maybe the Chickens are something simmilar.
    I'll keep an eye on this topic and see how random those noises actually are.

It was Summer time 3rd day because my sims were getting married at the San My Park. I set the time of event for 2pm because I was going to take them to Selv for vacation afterwards and didn't want it to be too late. I believe they were at the wedding arch outside about 2:30pm or 3pm game time. I zoomed out from the arch to watch fireworks. Afterwards when I zoomed back in I heard chicken noises, I thought it was strange but honestly thought no more of it, until this thread mentioned it.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I haven't heard that, but I have seen a horse appear in the dialogue bubbles recently. I've not seen that before and since putting in Cats and Dogs I've probably seen that horse about three times now.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I heard it too!!:) two days ago...in willow creek! It wasn't there since base game??
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I did see a poll a little while ago asking about what we would like for a game pack or something and Farming was one of the options and I think it won so maybe a future farming pack but will have to keep an ear out for these chicken noises! ...I have to go look now lol!
  • pixell2_dotpixell2_dot Posts: 27 Member
    > @kphillips2977 said:

> You are not crazy, I heard it today while my sims were getting married in San My Park!

Ah, must have been an eventful day
    So Cicken Noises are when we zoom in? Can anyone confirm?
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    There were Chicken Noises added with Brindleton Bay, if you pan the camera toward the farm area. I lived in one of the two houses next to the farm and heard them a lot.
    They aren’t new.

I do think there’s a glitch with the ambience though, as I started hearing the San Myshuno train in Newcrest, and Sea Gulls in Oasis Springs. I also heard the waves crashing in Willow Creek which isn’t logical.

So maybe it’s just as simple as the Farm noises are playing in the wrong spots.

That said, people claimed that they heard Chicken noises when the base game came out but that was simply Sims making jokes.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    There were Chicken Noises added with Brindleton Bay, if you pan the camera toward the farm area. I lived in one of the two houses next to the farm and heard them a lot.
    They aren’t new.

I do think there’s a glitch with the ambience though, as I started hearing the San Myshuno train in Newcrest, and Sea Gulls in Oasis Springs. I also heard the waves crashing in Willow Creek which isn’t logical.

So maybe it’s just as simple as the Farm noises are playing in the wrong spots.

That said, people claimed that they heard Chicken noises when the base game came out but that was simply Sims making jokes.

That makes sense and explains everything. This thread should be moved to the bug reports section.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I haven't heard them yet, but I will listen extra carefully to see if I do the next time I play! I could only possibly see hearing chicken noises in Brindleton Bay, the other worlds are too suburban to have chickens.

I mean if ppl start to hear it in San Myshuno that would be weird x'D
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    I haven't heard them yet, but I will listen extra carefully to see if I do the next time I play! I could only possibly see hearing chicken noises in Brindleton Bay, the other worlds are too suburban to have chickens.

Not really I had a lot of friends from Puerto Rico that lived in the city and kept coops in their backyard or on rooftops of the apartment buildings they lived in. Chickens in the city wouldn't be weird...cows on the other hand lol

Not really I had a lot of friends from Puerto Rico that lived in the city and kept coops in their backyard or on rooftops of the apartment buildings they lived in. Chickens in the city wouldn't be weird...cows on the other hand lol

Have you been in India?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Not me.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member

Have you been in India?

Well in the sims it would be weird xD
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    No but I think I heard chickens in Magic Town 10 years ago?
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Have you been in India?

Well in the sims it would be weird xD

San Myshuno has so many Indian and Japanese influences and people with Indian or Japanese names that my Wife and I are arguing if it is located in India, Japan or a wierd Sims-world mix of it. While we agree that Windenburg could very well be either in Germany, France or the UK.
    The architecture of the older buildings screems Germany to me, with the Fachwerk and all that, while the architecture can't decide weather it's french or british.
    The Landscape fits in either.
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Or maybe the fact that all the ambient noises are combining is a hint in itself ;)
    AspenSims wrote: »
    Or maybe the fact that all the ambient noises are combining is a hint in itself ;)

If you are thinking open world, the Gurus on Twitter said multiple times that they are unable to do that. Even the open neighborhoods.