Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile Feedback - Suggestions for Improvements

Comments

• JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    edited July 2018
    Distlers wrote: »
    Ugh! I’m sorry but we shouldn’t have to pay for a career! This game is starting to become more frustrating than fun.

You don 't have to pay for this career. If your sims retire, they might give you the heirloom for free. It just might take a while. You'll have to be patient.
  • FlapjacqFlapjacq Posts: 12 New Member
    I’ve retired so many sims and have never gotten an heirloom to unlock the piano/photography and unlikely the surgeon. I ended up purchasing the piano one because I was bored of the stories. I’m been at level 40 for months now and have finished every story in the game except the surgeon and photography one. I just refuse to spend anymore money on them.

I only wait for events to happen haha
  • DistlersDistlers Posts: 6 New Member
    Anyone else getting bored?
  • SilverNotClaySilverNotClay Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, I'm at level 40 and I was getting bored, I'm not playing the game at the moment. It is a collection game and there's nothing wrong with that. It could still be a very enjoyable collection game. The problems are,

If you want to run a collection game, people NEED to be able to store and organize their collections. That includes the ability to categorize so you can easily find what you are looking for, and to delete items you no longer want. I understand the need for a cap on items placed in homes (and exactly what that cap is needs to be made very clear so people can plan) as well as a storage cap, but that just makes providing NO means to get rid of items inexcusable in a game where accumulation seems to be the main goal.

I'm also really annoyed that they took what was "base game" stuff (the surgical scrubs and other medical clothing that came with the medical career) that was given for free as part of the medical career, deleted it from people's inventories only to charge for it as part of an add on pack. It would be crappy enough to do that to people that hadn't yet earned the clothes from the career, but to take it away from people who'd already legitimately collected it? That's as mean-spirited as offering a much desired hot tub for the equivalent of about $30 real dollars, and even then you can't access all the functions without spending additional money.

Then we get special quests that require you to buy something (clothing, furniture, whatever) without actually providing anything new to buy, thus screwing anyone who'd already bought/collected everything they could or could afford. Thus forcing people to forgo the quest and miss out on the reward, and/or forcing them to use real money to get simcash.

EA made a collection game that punishes players for actually collecting. It's a bizarre and rather mean-spirited business move, but it's EA so what do you expect I suppose.

I won't be playing anymore if they don't fix the very basic problem of punishing players for advancing and succeeding at the game.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Yes, I'm at level 40 and I was getting bored, I'm not playing the game at the moment. It is a collection game and there's nothing wrong with that. It could still be a very enjoyable collection game. The problems are,

If you want to run a collection game, people NEED to be able to store and organize their collections. That includes the ability to categorize so you can easily find what you are looking for, and to delete items you no longer want. I understand the need for a cap on items placed in homes (and exactly what that cap is needs to be made very clear so people can plan) as well as a storage cap, but that just makes providing NO means to get rid of items inexcusable in a game where accumulation seems to be the main goal.

I'm also really annoyed that they took what was "base game" stuff (the surgical scrubs and other medical clothing that came with the medical career) that was given for free as part of the medical career, deleted it from people's inventories only to charge for it as part of an add on pack. It would be plum enough to do that to people that hadn't yet earned the clothes from the career, but to take it away from people who'd already legitimately collected it? That's as mean-spirited as offering a much desired hot tub for the equivalent of about $30 real dollars, and even then you can't access all the functions without spending additional money.

Then we get special quests that require you to buy something (clothing, furniture, whatever) without actually providing anything new to buy, thus screwing anyone who'd already bought/collected everything they could or could afford. Thus forcing people to forgo the quest and miss out on the reward, and/or forcing them to use real money to get simcash.

EA made a collection game that punishes players for actually collecting. It's a bizarre and rather mean-spirited business move, but it's EA so what do you expect I suppose.

I won't be playing anymore if they don't fix the very basic problem of punishing players for advancing and succeeding at the game.

That's exactly what you said. And different from the other versions of the sims, you need to attend events to collect lotboxes and if you do not complete the collection, you have to pay expensive later. It's a horrible, demotivating way of dealing with customers. I'm moving away from the game.

I feel that the team is not able to plan the game so that all players feel confident and satisfied. It's won't fun. Charging $ 6 for a single career is at least abusive, especially when it's just a story. There is no depth in the game for content paid dearly that way. I would probably pay $ 10 if it were 3 new careers. I would pay the same $ 10 in a collection of objects with enough objects or clothes instead of 2 hair, 2 pieces of clothing and 1 makeup that we can not find in CAS.

The game is a coin fighter and I am increasingly feeling frustrated while playing.
    We do not want lotboxes, we want a fun game.
    This is far from being an upcoming experience we have on the pc.
  • KukeesKukees Posts: 1 New Member
    I am umming and ahhhing about purchasing the career but now that I've found out that it's $6.99 USD as compared to $10.99 AUD I might just also walk from the game. We might be far away from the US but digital content is digital content, no postage required! What sort of exchange rate have you got going on there? $2.60 might not be much but for a game that continually leeches $$ it all adds up!

/MOTHERLODE
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Kukees wrote: »
    I am umming and ahhhing about purchasing the career but now that I've found out that it's $6.99 USD as compared to $10.99 AUD I might just also walk from the game. We might be far away from the US but digital content is digital content, no postage required! What sort of exchange rate have you got going on there? $2.60 might not be much but for a game that continually leeches $$ it all adds up!

/MOTHERLODE

We have to pay $6.99 plus tax here in the USA. $6.99 USD = $8.15 AUD before our tax is applied. You may have to pay import fees plus tax in your country . Your currency is different than ours.
  • flameflash82flameflash82 Posts: 14 New Member
    I had to take on a new strategy to continue to unlock new things for my house for the "buy something new" quest.

Fortunately I've stockpiled enough simoleans to do it, but that strat is going to run out eventually when the businesses start looking like crap and there are no more clothes.

So to trigger the "new thing" I have to buy clothing items now. To trigger the "spend 75 on furniture" I have to spend on the places of business.

We need more items and a much better inventory system. One thing that would help is if heirlooms stopped being something that went to our inventory too. Just adds clutter there.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    the inventory we see today must end. It's a trouble.

There should be collections of events in the game's buy mode with the objects we've won at events. And leave the inventory for smaller items in the future as objects we want to give away (if it happens in the future) or objects we want to take out of the residential lot (always small objects, a book, a tablet or fruits and flowers if it comes gardening someday) As occurs in the pc version.

The construction mode is horrible too. If you try to empty the whole house to build something from scratch, you will waste time taking items from the outside one by one. Should have a way to clean everything

We have many lights but we do not have day and night in the residential lot. It's really funny.

the game is good, but the way it is distributed today is bad. Currently the game boils down to accumulating furniture and coins to spend on lotboxes events that end up frustrating everyone.
    The fact that we do not have customizable toddlers and kids is also somewhat limiting. We have beautiful furniture, but there is nothing to do when playing with children.
    There's nothing to do when you're not at an event.

In the sims you always have what to do, be it to tricks, meet new people or go to the night in the square, but in mobile you do not have much to do when you finish all the stories.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    @SilverNotClay & @xXbekkaXx , sorry to hear about the surgeon pants issue. I don't know too much about this since I never encountered it. I did see that there was an offer for the surgeon career though. However, this is just a feedback thread I created, so you should probably send something to EA and their team directly letting them know you already had this item to see if they can do something about it. I don't think its fair that it was for free before, and now people have to pay for it, including those who already had the item. :disappointed:

@sikasika18 exactly why I don't really purchase anything on the app since, in my opinion, it is too expensive for a mobile app (for example, $14.99 for a bathroom pack with 8 items). The only thing worth purchasing would be the careers but the money adds up after a while and I don't think its worth it to me for something I don't even play enough. That is why I prefer to play for free, since that is an option, but it is unfortunate that if I want to get items that I missed out on from previous events, I would have to pay real money for it in order to get enough simcash or coins to purchase those items. (2,000 sim cash for a hot tub :# ). I can't complain too much about certain things since I know that the solution would be to pay up to enhance the game experience or get the better items but I rather not lol

@Distlers & @Flapjacq , I also feel a bit bored when there are no events going on. I like knowing that there's a chance to win clothes and furniture for free since those things are a bit expensive (like 5,000+ for an arm chair). All I do is send them to work dozens of times to get enough coins to buy a few pieces of furniture or expand my land once or twice. There are also a lot of careers that we have to purchase now, which is a bit upsetting. One thing I was thinking of was maybe for the video ads to do the same, to give us an incentive to watch the ads. Sims Freeplay has those daily videos where it gives you either coins or rare items as a reward for watching the ads. But I think some people have complained about there being a limit on how much you can have on your lot/inventory.

@flameflash82 & @rafaeljonas I agree, I would like to see a bettery inventory since everything just gets put together. It gets cluttered. I like the inventory system in the Sims Freeplay since it is filtered by the item categories, like dining, outdoor, lights, bathroom, windows, event items. I think we need more organization in the inventory. We would need an heirloom item category as well.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• DistlersDistlers Posts: 6 New Member
    I’m on the verge of deleting my app. I just saw that they have not only added the new career, but a sim cash package and now a summer hairstyles packet- ALL of which you must buy! I get you need to make money at some level. But I grabbed this app to enjoy- not to be a money pit. This has become such an unenjoyable game! Bored bored bored!!!!!
    Distlers wrote: »
    I’m on the verge of deleting my app. I just saw that they have not only added the new career, but a sim cash package and now a summer hairstyles packet- ALL of which you must buy! I get you need to make money at some level. But I grabbed this app to enjoy- not to be a money pit. This has become such an unenjoyable game! Bored bored bored!!!!!

I agree. They really should look into the prices for their content, but I believe someone mentioned that this is common in EA games. I feel unmotivated to play sometimes because it feels almost impossible to build or play the game without spending real money on the app, like how they just added the new room shapes, which was a popular demand in the feedback from all players, but now it costs 200-500 sim cash for the different room shapes. I also can't complete certain collections because there tends to be an item for only sim cash, which I can't afford as a free player. So, it's a bit frustrating, especially as someone who likes to build & decorate. I get that they'll obviously charge for the popular demands, but their prices could be ridiculous sometimes :sweat: It barely gives the free players a chance to even earn those items with the few sim cash we could earn daily from ads, mini quests, etc.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    EA needs to lower prices, and eliminate “A Surprising Choice” which is just basic extortion...just another way to increase the cost of playing. I detest it. I don’t mind paying some money to play this game, but there are limits. EA is veering into the ridiculous
  • IvanaHaffunIvanaHaffun Posts: 11 New Member
    I agree. I deleted the game because it was no more than cash grab and the daily activities and interactions became so boring. Even though I don’t play simcity anymore, it was still the best ea game.
    I agree. I deleted the game because it was no more than cash grab and the daily activities and interactions became so boring. Even though I don’t play simcity anymore, it was still the best ea game.

It's unfortunate because the graphics in Sims Mobile are amazing and there seems to be more interactions among sims, compared to Sims Freeplay (I haven't played SimCity).. but I do agree that the activities become repetitive after a while. I haven't deleted it yet since I still want to give it a chance. I think they just need to continue developing it as its still fairly new, but They should add new content/activities that all types of players can use/access, not just the ones that pay, otherwise they'll start losing people's interest. Sometimes its just not convenient for some people to throw $10+ for a mobile app when it could be spent better somewhere else so I wish they could stop pushing for us to pay for so much extra content and at least give us something or make it a bit easier for us to earn our way up as free players.

Snowdrop18 wrote: »
    EA needs to lower prices, and eliminate “A Surprising Choice” which is just basic extortion...just another way to increase the cost of playing. I detest it. I don’t mind paying some money to play this game, but there are limits. EA is veering into the ridiculous

I don't mind the Surprising Choice too much. I do get upset when I see only sim cash options and its usually a ridiculous amount of sim cash, but lately I've seen options with a 250 coin option, which is doable, easy to gain back that amount of coins, and it brings a booster for hobbies, relationships, and/or careers.

More suggestions:

(These ideas might be a little out there and might not work, but thought I'd mention it anyways)
    • Maybe add they can add secret features around the town for players to find daily for a random reward (piece of furniture, clothing item, sim cash, coins, rare tickets, heirloom). They could also add new things that we can do around the town, like a beach or mini golf.
    • They could also add new stories, like pregnancies, child-parent rivalry, life aspirations based off traits to fulfill before retirement (for example, if pickpockets could say 'pickpocket x amount of money', ambitious could say 'get to level 10 at least 2 different careers'), etc.
    • Maybe add the option to do a mini game during events to give us something else to do, like for career events, maybe design an outfit with an NPC's demands while in the fashion career, play something similar to the "operation" game in the surgeon career, or design a cake for an NPC in the chef career, etc. The sim can ask a co-worker for a more challenging task (above mentioned) or it can be a spontaneous customer barging in and asking for these tasks, and that way if we run out of energy or something, we'll have something to do to while we wait and potentially get more bonus rewards (if done correctly). It is similar to the idea of the confident actions but it will be more challenging since you'll be acting as your sim in first person p.o.v. to complete the tasks correctly.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Also, I leveled up to 'Talk of the Town' and noticed that the Life of Luxury quest moved to the back of the quests section but I couldn't collect any rewards. I also didn't receive any sim cash. Does anyone know if you're supposed to get 7 sim cash, 50 coins, and 10 XP every time you level up in lifestyle title or if its only certain titles or something?
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• DaveoghDaveogh Posts: 8 New Member
    1. The option for a second floor: this have probably been mentioned,the option for a second floor like a duplex would be really cool, u guys can make an option in the game when clicked will go to the second floor since building slot for rooms is only 13.
    2. Clothing and Hairstyle: As I go up in levels, I see more and more furniture unlocked. Okay, that's not bad. but what I'd really like to see is more cosmetic options for my character(s). I'd like to see more hairstyles, more beard styles, more clothing, etc. Can we get some more of those?
    3. Swimming pool & Hot tubs: Also, we need hot tubs and or swimming pools to be available to all players and not through and event priced preferably using Home tickets or 7,000 simoleons or 20-40 Sim cash.
    4. BBQ party: This is more of a materialistic suggestion but it'd be nice to be able to build your own patio with flooring that you can add outside and also a grill so your sims could host a BBQ party or maybe incorporate it into the foodie party. When I first started playing the game and saw the outdoors icon I thought there would be BBQ's so I was very disappointed to only see shrubs and hedges.
    5. More levels: when i started playing the game i thought it was going to last like forever, but when i saw that lvl 40 max, i was so disappointed.
    6. More careers: There are other careers like Accountants, pilot, Architectural and Civil Drafters, Barbers and so on but why just 7 careers we need more pls.
    7. Lockable doors - Would love a way to stop/block random family members hanging out in the bathroom and other areas of my house.
    8. More events
    9. More sims: we need more sims other than 4 make it 6
    10. We have many lights but we do not have day and night in the residential lot. It's really funny.
    Thank you for listening to our ideas, complaints and suggestion about the shapes of room, but what we expected from you guy was a different thing, we wanted to be able to draw our walls like with an arrow to any shape of our choice, but instead u gave us few shapes, but anyway still happy you guys heard our suggestion. I know you guys can make a difference, let us be able to draw it instead of giving us random shapes.
    Well still bent on you guys giving us a second floor, we need a staircase. We are tired of living in a bungalow we want a duplex or something better. That would be easy just like sims 4 when u click an option it takes u to the second floor may be you guys do something about it.
  • mett5720mett5720 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have an issue with the sticker contest set up... it is the primary I earn fashion gems (I can’t afford to spend real money on this app). I have two concerns, and they both are regarding *stickers and retired sims*
    1) I have lost so many fashion gems to retired sims. If we retire a sim during the week, why don’t we get the gems they earned?! What a waste!
    2) On the other side of that, why are we able to give stickers to retired sims? The users are not able to benefit from that. It seems that retired sims around town should really function like NPC’s, as in, no option to give a sticker....

FRIENDLY REMINDER: Please remember, I don't work for them. I don't know if they do or don't read this thread. I just created this thread about Sims Mobile feedback to allow players to give suggestions for improvements about what they would like to see, what they do or don't like, share their experiences, and/or vent about the things that they noticed while playing the game. :innocent:

Daveogh wrote: »
    1. The option for a second floor: this have probably been mentioned,the option for a second floor like a duplex would be really cool, u guys can make an option in the game when clicked will go to the second floor since building slot for rooms is only 13.
    2. Clothing and Hairstyle: As I go up in levels, I see more and more furniture unlocked. Okay, that's not bad. but what I'd really like to see is more cosmetic options for my character(s). I'd like to see more hairstyles, more beard styles, more clothing, etc. Can we get some more of those?
    3. Swimming pool & Hot tubs: Also, we need hot tubs and or swimming pools to be available to all players and not through and event priced preferably using Home tickets or 7,000 simoleons or 20-40 Sim cash.
    4. BBQ party: This is more of a materialistic suggestion but it'd be nice to be able to build your own patio with flooring that you can add outside and also a grill so your sims could host a BBQ party or maybe incorporate it into the foodie party. When I first started playing the game and saw the outdoors icon I thought there would be BBQ's so I was very disappointed to only see shrubs and hedges.
    5. More levels: when i started playing the game i thought it was going to last like forever, but when i saw that lvl 40 max, i was so disappointed.
    6. More careers: There are other careers like Accountants, pilot, Architectural and Civil Drafters, Barbers and so on but why just 7 careers we need more pls.
    7. Lockable doors - Would love a way to stop/block random family members hanging out in the bathroom and other areas of my house.
    8. More events
    9. More sims: we need more sims other than 4 make it 6
    10. We have many lights but we do not have day and night in the residential lot. It's really funny.

Thanks for your suggestions. I definitely want to see more CAS options, for hairstyles and makeup. Also, I would like to see an architectural career. I think it would be interesting seeing them work in an office. creating floor plans and/or furniture pieces, measuring spaces and furniture, and making little models of buildings to show clients. I would like to have a swimming pool event to unlock swimming pools for all players. It would be fun to have that as a new thing to do for all sims, not just locked into a hobby for one sim to use. & A BBQ event sounds cool :relaxed:

I also would really like to see a second floor option soon (available for all players and for a decent price) :smiley:
    mett5720 wrote: »
    I have an issue with the sticker contest set up... it is the primary I earn fashion gems (I can’t afford to spend real money on this app). I have two concerns, and they both are regarding *stickers and retired sims*
    1) I have lost so many fashion gems to retired sims. If we retire a sim during the week, why don’t we get the gems they earned?! What a waste!
    2) On the other side of that, why are we able to give stickers to retired sims? The users are not able to benefit from that. It seems that retired sims around town should really function like NPC’s, as in, no option to give a sticker....

Good suggestion. I was actually really happy about how the fashion gems sticker contest was turning out. I've been receiving a lot of gems through there since I am also a free player like you. However, I didn't know that the players wouldn't receive the gems for it since I haven't tried it out as I haven't retired my sims yet. :neutral: I have been giving older sims stickers because they pass by my house a lot due to the stories and interactions I have had with them before their user had retired them. I didn't know. Maybe it conflicted with playable sims vs non playable sims. I think it would be nice to receive the gems from your retired sims since they tend to show up at other players houses more, like I said before, due to the stories that other players shared with your now-retired sim.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

For a game as good as this u guys don't have day and night too bad! so what is the use of the light just there for nothing.
    We need visible windows, not tinted glasses as windows and we want to be able to scale some object like the windows make them bigger or smaller.
    This game isn't realistic, when i try to rival/get angry with another sim it looks like my sims is actually having fun when i expect my sims to be mad at that person, instead she/he keeps laughing with him/her. I mean come on!!! i want to be able to slap another sim and when fighting with another sims give them angry faces not smiling faces. :/
  • thegdthadmanthegdthadman Posts: 1 New Member
    Would love to see better offline support, as in SimCity BuildIt. Like in that game, it doesn't have to be 100% offline capable (although that would be nice) but have the ability to load and play without a connection, caching changes for 24-48 hours.