Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what one?

what is a better computer to play on?

macbook pro (retina 13 inch Mid 2014
processor 2.8GHz Intel Core i5
memory 8 gb 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

or

Lenovo
Ram 8G
storage 128g ssd
windows 10
this is a new computer I don't know if I should transfer tp play on this one. My Mac lags so much.

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You haven't told us much more that the general specs of two computers. For instance, do you play with all the EPs/GPs/SPs for Sims 4? Do you use Mods and CC? Do you have a lot of CC?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    You haven't told us much more that the general specs of two computers. For instance, do you play with all the EPs/GPs/SPs for Sims 4? Do you use Mods and CC? Do you have a lot of CC?

Just one mod and all the EP/GP/SP
  • Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    I play on my laptop and its heaps good and it has 8G ram but i have terabits of space do you have much space on ur computer
  • Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    my computer is windows 10 aswell all you can do is try i spose and i play with a fair few mods
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @Dellimaccas123, this is the Mac forums. :)

While I cannot comment on Windows laptops, I know that MacBook Air laptops are not gaming computers as they are mainly for work/school. MacBook Pros on the other hand seem to handle the game well with minimal CC/Mods. Due to recent patches and such, many Mods may slow down performance since new content and patches typically change certain code within the game that the mods may have relied on to run. Check SimsVIP to see if the mods you use have been affected by the release of Seasons and the recent patches released by EA/Maxis.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.