Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

macOS thread - now including 10.14 Mojave

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    jnovellijnovelli Posts: 4 New Member
    @Tremayne4260
    i dont believe I play with mods and i dont even know what CC are LOL. I just looked into my saved folder and there is nothing in it. it is updating right now but i did an update last night too(6/27/18) ill see what happens with this but my game isnt working at all. Thank you
  • Options
    VinegaressVinegaress Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm a bit new here and I hope this would be the area to post this but I have a quick question. I am considering getting the Sims 4 for my MacOSX High Sierra but I want to make sure my computer can run the specs required. Could someone let me know if its safe or not? I'd appreciate it!

Processor

2.7GHz
    2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 4MB L3 cache
    2.9GHz
    2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
    Configurable to 3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz).

Memory

8GB (two 4GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
    Configurable to 16GB.

Storage1

1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive
    Configurable to 1TB Fusion Drive or 256GB or 512GB of flash storage.

Graphics

2.7GHz
    Intel Iris Pro graphics
    2.9GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Thanks, guys! :)
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Sounds like you're good to go. I'd go with the 16GB RAM to future proof your computer.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Renamed1807111650Renamed1807111650 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Sounds like you're good to go. I'd go with the 16GB RAM to future proof your computer. Also 'intel iris pro' is an integrated graphics chip. It'll cut your available RAM down to around 6GB. You also need FAR more hard drive space than that. This has got 2TB and it's not enough. 256GB - I've got flash drives more capacious than that. 1TB bare minimum.

16GB - "future proof"…?
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @BrexitSaboteur, the game requires a certain amount of RAM to play if you read the specs for the game. For the Base Game is says it requires 4GB of RAM. However, with the more EPs/GPs/SPs you add plus Mods and CC, you need at least double the RAM to run the game. 16GB will allow you to run the game comfortably without lag.

For me personally, I play on an iMac. I have 32GB of RAM which allows me to run Sims 4 quite comfortably without lag. But then I am on a Desktop and not a laptop computer.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.