Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone please explain what happened? game repair deleted everything

CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
I took out my mods folder and did a game repair. When I loaded the game everything is gone, all saves and it is acting like its the first time being played. What happened to my game?????

edit: I'm not sure what happened but I thought I have nothing to loose so I did an undo and got everything back.. that scared me. I don't understand

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited July 2018
    Apparently, this has been happening to others as well. I think it might have to do with Mods not being up to date or out of date. I don't play with Mods or a lot of CC, so I cannot confirm this.

If you move your saved games to your Desktop and do not delete the folder, your games are always safe. You always have to restart the Sims 4 to generate a new Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) and you will not have any of your Mods, CC or saved games as they are on your Desktop. To insure that all is working, I always start a new game and play for about an hour to insure that everything is working. At that point, you can move your saved games, CC and mods back.

I also suggest making a backup of your saved games to keep them safe.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Apparently, this has been happening to others as well. I think it might have to do with Mods not being up to date or out of date. I don't play with Mods or a lot of CC, so I cannot confirm this.

If you move your saved games to your Desktop and do not delete the folder, your games are always safe. You always have to restart the Sims 4 to generate a new Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) and you will not have any of your Mods, CC or saved games as they are on your Desktop. To insure that all is working, I always start a new game and play for about an hour to insure that everything is working. At that point, you can move your saved games, CC and mods back.

I also suggest making a backup of your saved games to keep them safe.

Thank You! I appreciate that you took time to answer and that is very good advice which I'll have to remember next time. I have heard others say the same thing about loosing everything and its the first time its happened to me, hopefully the last time lol..