Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• JordanCorleyJordanCorley Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there!

I have an issue with running my vet clinic. I've owned vet clinics in the game before but I have never encountered this issue.

Customers will have the green 4 star above their head at the end of the treatment. Then as soon as they pay and get ready to leave the star turns into the red 1 star. Because of this my vet clinic is still a one star clinic, but both employees are level 6 vets and I am a level 10 vet.

I do use MCCC and other mods/cc, could this be the issue?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I do use MCCC and other mods/cc, could this be the issue?

You can check yourself by removing your Mods folder then repeating the actions in game. Let us know how you get on! :)
    apple-signature.png
  • SumGumptionSumGumption Posts: 16 Member
    @BluebellFlora Thank you. This is a very helpful thread. Wish I had found it a couple of days ago when I was searching so hard for answers. The Automater coding will certainly make a whole new Sims experience for me.
  • caroline_simscaroline_sims Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hey everyone,
    So i've just gotten seasons and I made a family. I've spent days working on my house and when I decided to play the game all of my sims Gourmet Cooking, Cooking and Handiness was 10 and teens were ready to age up How do I reset skills and age?
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Some of the cheats were disabled with the latest patch. Check SimsVIP or Carl's Sims for the list of cheats that work.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • SumGumptionSumGumption Posts: 16 Member
    So I coded in as per instructed on the Automator and everything seems perfect. Thank you again. But cleaning out the file doesn't seem to be so automatic. I seem to still have to open the file and run the script myself. However, my game play has greatly improved, but I'm wondering why it isn't so automatic. Does it only delete the files at certain times or once a day? I thought this was supposed to delete them immediately.
  • amullins0728amullins0728 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi simmers!
    So I've recently been having a really annoying issue with my game. my ctrl+shift+c buttons are all working, but the cheat console still wont come up. Also, the alt button you can use to place items outside of the grid in build mode isn't working either, and the 0 and 9 buttons aren't working as well. I've tried the following things to attempt to fix this
    1. use the right shift key instead of the left
    2. go to a different household/ lot
    3. repair the game through origin (done this multiple times, never helped)
    4. restart origin
    5. restart my laptop (mac)
    6. reset the sims 4 folder (drag sims 4 folder out of EA folder and place it on desktop) and then put my latest save into the save file of the new sims 4 folder (It worked once, but shortly afterward the cheats weren't working again)

I also made sure to check to see if my game was updated completely (it was) and I removed all of my cc (didn't help). If it helps anybody out, I'm using a macbook air. I posted this on a different thread, but they recommended I posted this on a thread specifically for mac users. Thank you!
    @amullins0728, Please read my response in the other thread you posted in. You don't need to post your problem twice. :) We'll see it and respond. Please also note that we may not be in the same Time Zone as you, so it may take us a while to respond back.
    Hi! So I've posted about this problem a while ago somewhere on the forums but I didn't get any answers about how to solve my problem. Basically, some of my keys aren't working in game. These keys include the shift keys, the command keys, and the option keys and I didn't have this problem until after seasons. For the first few days, everything was working fine but then everything just kind of decided to stop. I was able to fix it twice before it stopped working again and I haven't been able to fix it since. I've tried...
    - repairing the game
    - resetting the sims 4 folder
    - exiting the sims 4
    - restarting my mac
    - completely uninstalling The Sims 4 and origin and then reinstalling them both - twice!
    Like I said before, I was able to fix the problem twice before it just completely stopped working. I really wish I could figure out how to fix it cause I miss being able to use cheats and I miss moving objects outside of the grid in build mode :( If it helps, I don't have any mods or cc installed (I did before) but I took them out of the game cause I thought maybe that was causing the problem (it wasn't). Hopefully, you can give me some tips so I can try and fix this because to be quite honest I'm reallyyyy annoyed. Anyway, thanks so much!
    Can you give us more specifics about your Mac? Is it a Desktop model or a laptop? What OS version are you running?
    I'm currently using a laptop, a MacBook Air to be specific. I'm also running OS version 10.13.5 :) Thanks so much!
    edited July 2018
    Does this happen on any other programs you use on your computer? Just trying to troubleshoot if the problem is Sims specific or could be related to a larger problem.

And have you tried mapping these functions to other keys that do work?
    It doesn't happen to other programs on my computer and I haven't tried changing the keys because I can't figure out how to do that.
    @amullins0728, while the title of the article is talking about opening the "cheat codes" dialogue window, it does give you instructions on how to remap the keys. https://bluebellflora.com/sims-4-cheat-console-not-opening/ Let me know if this works.
    It worked! I honestly didn't think it would but it did! Maybe there is something wrong with my control key after all. Anyway, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
    Most welcome :)
  • RhixxRhixx Posts: 13 New Member
    I need help. I am trying so hard to get it from EA on twitter have just directed me to here. I am playing on a Macbook Pro that has recently been repaired by Apple so they had to delete everything off it. (So I never had this issue before the repair)

When I'm playing everything is a funny colour. My outside walls have a blue/green tint, the inside walls have a blue/purple tint. One bathroom is perfect but when selecting a white bathroom door (preview) it's green. Even the beige or red coloured doors have a funny tint to them.

I don't know if I need to change something in my graphics settings... my night shift on MAC is not on.

I am confused and obviously cannot post an image/video to show... I can link my twitter handle where I have posted the issue also.
    It's putting me off playing as I'm trying to build houses again and it all looks strange.

Any help would be great!! :)