Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cookieateu has a Mac problem, but can't make threads yet.

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
Hi, guys. I wanted to make a separate post for this, but I'm not a full member so I have to ask somewhere else. This seems an appropriate place to do so:

I'm running Seasons on a Mac. I've played the 7 days of winter in Windenburg and it hasn't snowed once. I've check my game settings, and it's supposed to allow for snow and blizzards. I have no mods or CC. I do have every pack installed. When I opened the game, it did warn me that I might now have enough memory and that it might cause instability problems, but I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. I also haven't had any gnomes spawn.

Is this a bug or is something wrong specifically with my game? Is this a glitch the patch could correct? I haven't found a lot about this topic, and what I did find was an issue with mods. Thank you!

This member mentioned they use laptop mode to play

@theCookieateu I made this thread for you here, hopefully someone can help you :)
I highlighted the reason I think this might belong in technical help.

Comments

• thecookieateuthecookieateu Posts: 4 New Member
    @mcrudd thank you so much for this! Also, wow there were a lot of typos in my original post.

I just tested the game by removing all of my saves and starting fresh, and it did snow. I'm now testing again with my original saves. I'm worried it might be a corrupted save file
  • thecookieateuthecookieateu Posts: 4 New Member
    I would also like to add: the one case I saw said that the weather didn't change at all and that it was always sunny and warm. The temperatures in game are changing and it goes from cloudy to sunny.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited June 2018
    Have you tried "repair game" in Origin? I had a problem with one of my saves (not weather related) and repair game helped.

To repair your game do the following:

1) Open Origin. Make sure it is up to date. If you have not done so, turn off Automatic Updates. Why? Because if you use CC/Mods this will save you endless hours of headache if your favorite mod has not been updated to run with the latest patch/game content.

2) Right click on the game cover. You should see several options and one of them is "Repair Game". Choose this option and allow it to fully run before opening the game. Quit Origin for the moment.

3) Go back to your Desktop and move your Sims 4 folder to the Desktop. DO NOT DELETE IT! This is where your saved games are stored. (Found Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4)

4) Start up Sims 4 again and allow it to generate a new Sims 4 folder. Don't worry about your saved games just yet. We want to test the game to see if there are any other issues at this point. Start up Sims 4, create a new sim and play for about an hour to make sure there are no other issues at this point.

5) If all is well, you can add back your saved games, Mods/CC and play.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @mcrudd thank you so much for this! Also, wow there were a lot of typos in my original post.

I just tested the game by removing all of my saves and starting fresh, and it did snow. I'm now testing again with my original saves. I'm worried it might be a corrupted save file

I thought it would be wrong to correct them ;) Its a huge pleasure, hope you can get it sorted