Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game stutters

So last year I bought an Asus ROG laptop to play the Sims 4 on. It has these specs:

ASUS ROG Strix GL553VW-FY079T. Specs:

Cpu: i7-6700HQ
8 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960m (2 GB)

Everything was completely fine and I could play on Ultra without any problems. But these last couple of weeks I’ve notices some really weird fps drops. The game runs on 60 fps but every 10 seconds or so it drops to below 20? I have tested this with and without mods and on different lots and different save games, but it keeps happening. I use this laptop for Sims 4 only, so there is no other rubbish on there either...

Is it my laptop? Are my specs just not enough anymore now that I own every pack (except Fitness stuff) or is there something else going on?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    This game has always had fps drops. Maybe @DeKay can help you with your laptop settings to make the game play better. They play on laptop
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi.

Have you downloaded the new patch to see if it fixes it? The recent patches have made my game slightly smoother but still stutters a lot on big lots in the newer worlds.

Are you moving/rotating your camera? That will cause an fps drop.

Your specs should be fine. I had a 960m before but I don't use it to play the game anymore.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    @phoebebebe13 I know that the fps is known to drop in this game but once it drops below 20 it becomes unacceptable to me, especially when it happens when I’m not scrolling or zooming in/out.

@DeKay the new patch didn’t make a difference unfortunately. I’m installing Windows again now, because I really want to fix it before the release of Seasons. There may have been something else going on in my laptop that causes the drops? Hope a fresh installation helps, fingers crossed...
    So I installed Windows again but the drops remained... Then I found out my Nvidia drivers weren’t updated since I bought my laptop, which was in 2016. I just never knew this was a thing I should update?! I’m hoping once I’ve got my drivers updated the drops will be gone...
    Yeah, try to update your drivers.
    832XG3D.gif
    @DeKay omg I updates the drivers and it never worked so smooth before! I’m so happy with this, because I was worried that I had to take my laptop back to the store to get it fixed and I really want to play Seasons! But it works like a dream now.
    I'm glad it works now. Have fun! :)
    832XG3D.gif