Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upgrading my Monitor

2...Next

Comments

• MintieSimmerMintieSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    So I tried to see what my game would be like in full screen, it was waaay better quality but it was laggy, if/when I get a new pc, what do you recommend?
    I'd appreciate if you check out my Tumblr!
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    So I tried to see what my game would be like in full screen, it was waaay better quality but it was laggy, if/when I get a new pc, what do you recommend?

Couldn't really recommend anything at the moment because hardware is always changing (new hardware gets released yearly.)
    Budget wise though no less then $700 that's for the tower only.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

@chesterbigbird what do you have? Just curious
    Also if you were wondering, if you look at my profile picture that's my graphics quality. That's an un-edited picture, only cropped.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    @chesterbigbird what do you have? Just curious

Chester heavy games with much higher specs than the sims requires. :p You don't need what chester has. Chester's computer specs are in her signature that shows up in her posts
    edited June 2018
    I know I don't need that, I was just wondering :blush: Also I feel dumb, how did I not notice that haha
    Just wondering is the only thing that doesn't meet the requirements the video card? As I said previously I do not know much about tech
    I know I don't need that, I was just wondering :blush: Also I feel dumb, how did I not notice that haha

LOL. Don't feel dumb. If you were not looking at her siggy ,you would not notice. ;) I had siggy turned off for a long time because so many people in this forum put flashy siggy up. it was blinding
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Just wondering is the only thing that doesn't meet the requirements the video card? As I said previously I do not know much about tech

You're cpu is on the older lower side of the i5s but it does meet requirements. You're lack of a dedicated graphics card is what's letting you down. You're ram is also fine.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

(If i'm wrong please don't be mean :D , again don't know much about tech) But couldn't I just get a new graphics card?
    (If i'm wrong please don't be mean :D , again don't know much about tech) But couldn't I just get a new graphics card?

no , not with the kind of computer you have. Some desktops can not be upgraded. Gaming hardware is larger. You can't just add a video card. You would need a whole new computer. :'(
    So let's say I was going to get a new pc today (i'm not) what would you recommend?
    edited June 2018
    So let's say I was going to get a new pc today (i'm not) what would you recommend?

they are always coming out with new hardware. what maybe available today, might not be there when you are ready to buy. Prices fluctuate. Depends on sales. If you were to buy a computer, its better to go custom where you pick out your own certified hardware but this is more expensive than buying a mass produced computer off the shelf like HP, Dell Lenovo etc. There are companies where you pick out the hardware and they build the computer for you. There are much better companies out there that make good gaming computers where the cases have much better cooling, room for upgrades and or switching out hardware. The case and cooling is just as important as the hardware inside the computer.

Walmart has been selling some better and cheaper gaming computers if you have a lower budget. they sell ibuypower and cyberpower off the shelf. These computers can be upgraded or hardware switched out.

If buying a new computer, I would advise buying the newest hardware available so you won't have to upgrade the computer any time soon. Make sure the computer hardware meets requirements for all the games you want to play. You want to make sure the computer is not a throwaway , like the computer you bought. You don't want a computer you can't upgrade or switch out hardware.
    Thanks for the advice :blush:
    Your very welcome. If you intend on buying a new pc, come in and ask here and someone can help you find one that meets requirements
    Will do :smile:
  • ParlahemParlahem Posts: 5 New Member
    Could you help me decide if this is a good desktop for the Sims 4, expansion packs, and some cc/mods? I'm not tech savvy and I'm not sure if this might work.

Storage Type HDD:
    Hard Drive Type
    SATA:
    Hard Drive Capacity 2000 gigabytes
    Graphics:
    AMD Radeon R7
    System Memory (RAM):
    16 gigabytes
    Processor Speed (Base):
    3.9 gigahertz
    Processor Model Number:
    A12-9800
    Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Media Card Reader:
    Yes
    Type of Memory (RAM):
    DDR4 SDRAM
    System Memory RAM Speed:
    2400 megahertz
    Cache Memory:
    2 megabytes
    System Memory RAM Expandable To:
    16 gigabytes
    Number Of Memory Slots:
    Number of Memory Sticks Included:
    Cooling System:
    Air
    Operating System Architecture:
    64-bit
    Hard Drive RPM:
    7200 revolutions per minute
    Hard Drive Accelerator:
    None
    Hard Drive Interface:
    SATA
    Graphics Type:
    Integrated
    GPU Brand:
    AMD Radeon

I cant give links yet, but if you need to find the computer go to Google and type in AMD desktops and go to best buy and you should be able to find it. Thank you!
    Parlahem wrote: »
    Could you help me decide if this is a good desktop for the Sims 4, expansion packs, and some cc/mods? I'm not tech savvy and I'm not sure if this might work.

Storage Type HDD:
    Hard Drive Type
    SATA:
    Hard Drive Capacity 2000 gigabytes
    Graphics:
    AMD Radeon R7
    System Memory (RAM):
    16 gigabytes
    Processor Speed (Base):
    3.9 gigahertz
    Processor Model Number:
    A12-9800
    Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Media Card Reader:
    Yes
    Type of Memory (RAM):
    DDR4 SDRAM
    System Memory RAM Speed:
    2400 megahertz
    Cache Memory:
    2 megabytes
    System Memory RAM Expandable To:
    16 gigabytes
    Number Of Memory Slots:
    Number of Memory Sticks Included:
    Cooling System:
    Air
    Operating System Architecture:
    64-bit
    Hard Drive RPM:
    7200 revolutions per minute
    Hard Drive Accelerator:
    None
    Hard Drive Interface:
    SATA
    Graphics Type:
    Integrated
    GPU Brand:
    AMD Radeon

I cant give links yet, but if you need to find the computer go to Google and type in AMD desktops and go to best buy and you should be able to find it. Thank you!

This does not meet requirements. Please stick to one thread. You started in the other thread so please post there.
  • ParlahemParlahem Posts: 5 New Member
    Ok, but i went to this thread because no one was answering me in the other thread.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited June 2018

It depends on your motherboard, which amounts to the type of PC you have. If you have a case with a window, the large circuit board on which everything else is inserted except the hard drives and power supply is the motherboard, and the hard drives and power supply are connected to that with cables. If you are using integrated graphics, you are using the built-in graphics of the motherboard. You would need to talk to a tech person in person who could look at your hardware. Your motherboard may be old enough that they are not making graphics cards for it any more, or you may have to get a graphics card that fits into a certain type of slot on the motherboard. However, modern graphics cards also require dedicated memory of their own - you want one with 4 GB dedicated RAM. You should also upgrade your system RAM (memory needed for processing power) to at least 8 GB RAM. At some point, it just gets more cost effective to buy a new PC.

For instance, my computer has a NVIDIA GeForce 970 graphics card in it. If I wanted to buy an NVIDIA GeForce 1080 graphics card, it would cost me $750, not including shipping and installation. By comparison, if I were to get a new desktop computer with an NVIDIA GeForce 1070 preinstalled in it, Staples is currently selling one for about $1500. The older the computer you have, the more sense it makes to get a new computer rather than just upgrade the graphics card.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    makes sense, i'll look into talking with a tech person, if not i'll see if I can save up for a new pc. I just don't know how much i'd need.
    makes sense, i'll look into talking with a tech person, if not i'll see if I can save up for a new pc. I just don't know how much i'd need.

@chesterbigbird that was helping you is a computer build expert. Depending on where you live, prices vary . Some countries have allot more choices on PC than others. The US and UK have more options while Canada has less options so computer's are more expensive there. If your in the USA, average is $700-800 depending on sale. Sometimes you get lucky and can find something that meets requirements for $500-600
    Thank y'all, i'm sorry if at some points I seemed frustrated or if anything I said "sounded" mean, I will be able to work soon so, should be able to get a new pc soon :smile:
    so i'm browsing pc's, what is a good video card? @phoebebebe13
    edited June 2018
    If you need desktop help ask @chesterbigbird Tell her your budget and country and she can find you a PC

On desktop

video cards Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti, 1060 , If using AMD RX 480, 580

processor . intel i5 7000 or 8000 series. If using AMD FX 8000 series or Ryzen 1400 and up