Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Macbook Air Internal Settings?

BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
Hey everyone! l hope l'm posting this in the correct category and if l didn't, lm sorry. :s
Anyways, l just have a simple question that hopefully someone can help me with.
l currently have a Macbook Air, early 2015 version with 4 gb of data. l wanted to update my RAM to a higher amount because l read somewhere that 4 gb is a little too less to run the Sims 4 on and that my Mac and later versions can't update because the motherboard is already built in. However, Macbook Pros can update their RAM, but l don't have a Pro. However, l don't have all the game packs and stuff packs, but l do have all the EPs and l plan on buying Seasons when it comes out Friday. I will also post my computer settings so you all can see my motherboard or internal hard drive or whatever it's called. :D I just want to make sure my Mac doesn't explode because not only do l play The Sims 4, but l'm also in school, so of course l need my laptop for school work. Any and every answer will be greatly appreciated.

OS X El Captain
Version 10.11.6

Macbook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
Built-in Display 13.3 Inch (1440 x 900)
121 GB Flash Storage
37.49 GB free of 120.11 GB

I'm not sure if some of that info was useless, but l tried to post it all so ya'll can have more info to work with. Plus, l have no idea what any of it means :D
Thanks again everyone :):#

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'll be honest with you. Seasons will probably not work well on your MacBook. In previous versions of the Sims, it was very graphics intensive and with the 4GB of RAM you have it may cause your MacBook to overheat. Since the EP hasn't come out yet, we don't know what to expect either.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I'll be honest with you. Seasons will probably not work well on your MacBook. In previous versions of the Sims, it was very graphics intensive and with the 4GB of RAM you have it may cause your MacBook to overheat. Since the EP hasn't come out yet, we don't know what to expect either.

I do have a fan for my Macbook. Could that help in any way? Or what about lowering my settings?
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2018
    ANOTHER NOTE: Besides my Macbook, my dad also lets me play The Sims 4 on his laptop. (I love him for that!!) :D He has an HP with Windows 10 and l admit, l rather play The Sims 4 on his laptop than mine. Here are his laptop specs. Let me know if Seasons will work well on his. l think it will because his laptop has up to 11 TB (yes, TB, not MB or GB) of storage.

Device Specifications
    HP Laptop 17-bs0xx
    Device name LAPTOP-CC4MGQMM
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.5GHz 2.71 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
    System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows Specifications
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 1803
    OS Build 17134.112
    Manufacturer HP

Once again, l have no idea what this means, but from what l read, was told, and researched, my dad's laptop will be able to handle Seasons better than my Macbook.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It should. He has 8GB of RAM which is ideal for playing.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.